Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2001 4:30:57 AM EDT
I have a few hundred bucks that are burning a hole in my pocket.  I am torn as to what to spend it on.  I was first thinking of getting a handgun.  Then I started to think about getting a shotgun (Mossberg 590).  Then I was thinking about getting an Aimpoint Comp M2, ARMS39A2, and ARMS22M68 mounts for my Bushy AK Carbine that I already own.  Currently this AR is the only gun I own.  I would appreciate anyones 2 cents as to what they would buy if in the same circumstances.  Thanks!

AR_Shorty
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#1]
If the Ar's the only gun you have I would go for a handgun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go for the handgun, too.  Just to round out your arms, you know?  Sometimes they come in real handy.  And while you're at it....ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=65303  
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Definately go for another gun.  Either the handgun or a Remington 870 shotgun.  You can get the home defense model for just under $250.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#4]
A Beretta 92, maybe a good used one; 3 15-rd. factory magazines, maybe good used ones; and a case of 9mm.
Don't forget to get a good holster, new.  Maybe a shoulder holster and a good pancake style or paddle type.
Thinking ahead, a 12-ga. pump shotgun and a .22 handgun would be good choices.
Later, a .308 or .300Mag bolt-action and a .44 revolver would give you a good collection to start with and cover plinking, personal protection, and hunting, too.
Have fun!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, I'd say get a handgun.

However, if you decide you want a 590, drop me an email. I've got a nice one for sale, and if you're anywhere near Philly, I could probably meet you somewhere and let you get a first hand look at it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy an HS2000 while you can still get them.  Spend any extra on Beretta 92 hi-caps that can be used in the HS2000 with a little modifcation.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're just lookin for something to plink around with, I'd say go the way of the pistol(9mm, the ammo is a lot more affordable than most other pistol cartridges), I've got a beretta 92fs elite that is smooth as silk. But I'll tell ya...shooting clay pigeons is a lot of fun. So it all depends on where you are coming from.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Handgun, definitely. Spend an afternoon at a rental range trying as many makes and models as you think you might like. That investment will save you from spending all your cash on something that someone else likes and you hate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top