Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

The IWI carmel (Page 10 of 12)

Previous Page
/ 12
Next Page
10/24/2025 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd stay away and not pay up until more comms come upfront ...
10/27/2025 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I was set to order, but I've seen too many questions posted with no response for me to feel comfortable making the purchase, even on their own pages.

If it was a place like Manticore doing it, even if they weren't actually making it themselves, I'd be in. Had never really heard of Athos before this. I searched their site for an hour one day and couldn't even find the pre-order page. Only reason I finally got to it was someone posted a link and I bookmarked it.
10/30/2025 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey All,

Sorry for coming back to this thread late, been busy on that suppressor project that is taking a lot of my time. Unfortunately, I won't have the suppressor done in time for this upcoming Shot Show, so I had time to return to the handguard.

I kept getting flooded with emails asking to make it and for all of these one-off modifications to include M-LOK rails and what not. Eventually I caved and decided to do one batch, as the bulk order would help reduce the pricing from the 3d manufacturers.

I just sent an email out yesterday to everyone who preordered, clarifying some instructions and talking about the front aluminum section being coated/anodized. If you did not receive that email, please let us know.

I will be making a new video going over installation for those who elected to have the individual pieces instead of the completed assembly. It will also cover some SBR specific questions. I also realized I never posted a video of the gun actually shooting at the range, so I will go out and record that this weekend.

If anyone does miss the preorder window, but still really wants one, I will allow people to email me individually for a few one offs in the future.


If you have any questions, please send us an email, and we will respond as soon as we can (there's a lot of emails, but for other projects). Also, somehow our Google voice number was transferred to some lady and she has been getting our traffic. Please use email only until we figure out what happened.

-Athos Arms
10/31/2025 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By johnhd:
For the Athos handguards, anyone see clarification on whether the metal component will be bare aluminum or finished?  The listings for rail and no rail show both possibilities.  Emailed earlier this week but didn't get a reply.
View Quote



I'm offering 3 options. Bare metal, simple coat of high heat Rust-Oleum, or actual anodizing through a 3rd party. The original plan was straight anodizing, but surprisingly a good chunk of people asked to keep it bare. I personally just did Rust-Oleum and it's been holding up fine since I finished the project.

10/31/2025 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to these
11/1/2025 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Did any military ever adopt these? Just curious..
11/1/2025 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 3GeorgeMidnight:
Did any military ever adopt these? Just curious..
View Quote


Not that I know off
11/2/2025 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:


Not that I know off
View Quote


Yeah I've never run into any pics of them in service anywhere. Makes me wonder how long they'll keep making them.
11/4/2025 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably not much longer, which is a real shame because it's really nice in its SBR configuration
11/5/2025 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 3GeorgeMidnight:


Yeah I've never run into any pics of them in service anywhere. Makes me wonder how long they'll keep making them.
View Quote


When IWI released the ARAD, the Carmel's faith was sealed in no military adoption ... which sucks ... it is a great carbine ...
11/6/2025 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:


When IWI released the ARAD, the Carmel's faith was sealed in no military adoption ... which sucks ... it is a great carbine ...
View Quote


I saw an article from last year that they gave 9000 Arads to their civilian defense teams. Makes me think they like it better and we'll see it here eventually.
11/7/2025 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 3GeorgeMidnight:


I saw an article from last year that they gave 9000 Arads to their civilian defense teams. Makes me think they like it better and we'll see it here eventually.
View Quote


Yup ... I still think if you can get into a Carmel for less than $1200 OTD ... do it ... its built well ... it makes for a great general purpose 5.56 with a 1-6x setup ... to me ... it fits that role very well!
11/8/2025 5:19:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mechabot4][Edited] [#13]
Finally got the time to do a quick video of it shooting. Here

Had to use the backup irons because my Steiner R1X died on me.

Extended gas regulator works fine and no feeding issues once you remove the smaller recoil spring. Front does not get hot (doesnt touch the barrel at all)
11/8/2025 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up a Carmel today, I'm liking it so far, will get some range time this week.
I know serial numbers between 1385-3328 were recalled for a small issue, effecting over 1K rifles.
I snagged it from Bass Pro online, got my mil discount and points. When I checked it out, I noticed the serial number was under 200, and the box was dusty, must have been sitting a while waiting for me
11/8/2025 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#15]
PSA had a huge blem sale and I'm convinced there was nothing wrong with them and it was just a way move stock. They did this to themselves not offering barrels and the real handguard
11/9/2025 10:31:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Citizen904][Edited] [#16]
With the cost being similar, I’d go Gen 1 MCX, Makasi, ARX100 or Gen 3 BRN180 before the Carmel.
11/29/2025 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey I sent a few emails (from [email protected]) I understand you’re swamped, totally understandable.

I was wanting the metal pieces painted and JB welded.
11/30/2025 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
With the cost being similar, I’d go Gen 1 MCX, Makasi, ARX100 or Gen 3 BRN180 before the Carmel.
View Quote


A Makasi ... really? ... come on now ... DEF DON'T get a ARX100 ... Beretta doesn't have any parts for that anymore ... they sold it all to Brownells like 3 years ago ... so plan accordingly ... all ARX100s are out of warranty at this point too ...

11/30/2025 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:DEF DON'T get a ARX100 ... Beretta doesn't have any parts for that anymore ... they sold it all to Brownells like 3 years ago ... so plan accordingly ... all ARX100s are out of warranty at this point too ...
View Quote
You say that as if the Carmel will be around a long time!
12/4/2025 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By thehun06:


A Makasi ... really? ... come on now ... DEF DON'T get a ARX100 ... Beretta doesn't have any parts for that anymore ... they sold it all to Brownells like 3 years ago ... so plan accordingly ... all ARX100s are out of warranty at this point too ...

View Quote


Yes, I bought and compared them all back to back.


12/15/2025 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Well the first batch is all built and mailing out now. I had about 10 more people email me for another run because they missed the first one. I will do one more then call it for now. The cost to make these was higher than what I posted them for, so I'm considering this entire project my christmas gift to the community.

5 years ago, I think it would have cost about $500 each for these to get printed. The tech and availability gets better every year, but $260 is still pretty high for this kind of product that the consumer has a hard time justifying.

If you could convince Chinese companies to print the handguard out of alumunium, it would actually cost around $200 per craftcloud quotes, but they will reject it because it is an obvious firearm part and goes against internal policy and starts reaching into ITAR territory. If you filter by U.S. only, its unavailable or $7000+. Sad.

I like the ones I got made. Its spaced out enough from the barrel that it doesnt get hot at all, the sling works, and it satisfies that original look desire.

Pics below

Pictures

12/15/2025 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Beautiful, and can’t wait to get mine in!
12/27/2025 2:52:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Filliam][Edited] [#23]
Mine came in!

Having issues posting pictures, but here’s a link to the album


https://imgur.com/a/RpOTwXf
12/31/2025 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I ordered both handguards, and dig 'em.

Gonna sort out printing the rail covers for the other, and in the meantime I will be running it slick. It looks SO much better.

https://imgur.com/a/oKs7034
12/31/2025 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Is it to late to get in on the last batch?
1/9/2026 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Email him; [email protected]
1/17/2026 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#27]








1/18/2026 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By nraheston:








View Quote


What was the point of positing these?

They’re all old…
1/18/2026 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Filliam:What was the point of positing these? They’re all old…
View Quote
Yeah, this platform is closer to its discontinuation than its introduction.
1/24/2026 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Filliam:


What was the point of positing these?

They’re all old…
View Quote


For the money you can get them at ... they are a unique and good option ... they are built well ... maybe a little odd here and there but it is a solid platform, IMHO.
1/24/2026 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#31]
So who has looked into shortening the barrel on a Carmel?
1/24/2026 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SperlingPE:
So who has looked into shortening the barrel on a Carmel?
View Quote


I am tempted ... very much
1/29/2026 10:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SperlingPE][Edited] [#33]
Is anyone getting the Athos covers 3D printed?  By whom?

For those with the stock, is handguard heating up any issue?
2/6/2026 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#34]
" />
2/6/2026 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:


I am tempted ... very much
View Quote


There is something to push you over the edge.
2/6/2026 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History


Very nice.
2/6/2026 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By rb889:


Very nice.
View Quote


Thank you. It really is a very nice, great shooting rifle. It doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Of course I feel the same about most all IWI offerings. My edc is a Masada Slim Elite. Absolutely love it. Also have a Tavor and X95.
2/7/2026 1:17:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Mine was surprisingly accurate.
Attached File
2/7/2026 3:15:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By twpayne75:


Thank you. It really is a very nice, great shooting rifle. It doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Of course I feel the same about most all IWI offerings. My edc is a Masada Slim Elite. Absolutely love it. Also have a Tavor and X95.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By twpayne75:
Originally Posted By rb889:


Very nice.


Thank you. It really is a very nice, great shooting rifle. It doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Of course I feel the same about most all IWI offerings. My edc is a Masada Slim Elite. Absolutely love it. Also have a Tavor and X95.


I agree with you 100%.  I have a few Tavor variants, Carmel, Galil ACE, and a Masada.  I have a high opinion of all of them.  
https://www.guntechtips.com
2/11/2026 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 3GeorgeMidnight:


I saw an article from last year that they gave 9000 Arads to their civilian defense teams. Makes me think they like it better and we'll see it here eventually.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 3GeorgeMidnight:
Originally Posted By thehun06:


When IWI released the ARAD, the Carmel's faith was sealed in no military adoption ... which sucks ... it is a great carbine ...


I saw an article from last year that they gave 9000 Arads to their civilian defense teams. Makes me think they like it better and we'll see it here eventually.


Without a large contract I don't see them lasting. I'm sure they're okay, but the new Beretta offering (essentially a Beretta MCX) looks nice a slim, this looks bulky. Lots of new rifles coming out and IWI has a lot of platforms. Tavor is still doing okay, they are making ARs for the military, unsure if it is the ARAD, and the ACE series are popular sellers in Latin America/Africa. I suppose they can run out of customers for the ACE and the Tavor/bullpups in general are fading from popularity, but seems like they have too many products competing in the same market.

2/11/2026 10:44:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAssault][Edited] [#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Yeah, this platform is closer to its discontinuation than its introduction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Originally Posted By Filliam:What was the point of positing these? They’re all old…
Yeah, this platform is closer to its discontinuation than its introduction.

It’s IWI US’s own fault. They alienated over half of the potential buyers by gutting the OG design. Just like the ACE. If they just stuck to  it’s OG design and let the aftermarket do the “upgrades” these platforms wouldn’t be dead now.





2/12/2026 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:


Without a large contract I don't see them lasting. I'm sure they're okay, but the new Beretta offering (essentially a Beretta MCX) looks nice a slim, this looks bulky. Lots of new rifles coming out and IWI has a lot of platforms. Tavor is still doing okay, they are making ARs for the military, unsure if it is the ARAD, and the ACE series are popular sellers in Latin America/Africa. I suppose they can run out of customers for the ACE and the Tavor/bullpups in general are fading from popularity, but seems like they have too many products competing in the same market.

View Quote


IWI Israel moved away from the Carmel after the ARAD was made ... the ARAD has been adopted ... Carmel was not ... one day, we shall see the ARAD as well ... hopefully ...
2/12/2026 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FullAssault:

It’s IWI US’s own fault. They alienated over half of the potential buyers by gutting the OG design. Just like the ACE. If they just stuck to  it’s OG design and let the aftermarket do the “upgrades” these platforms wouldn’t be dead now.

https://cdn-fastly.thefirearmblog.com/media/2024/05/19/14651917/iwi-s-arad-and-carmel-rifles-to-be-produced-in-india.jpg?size=720x845&nocrop=1

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/950x900q90/923/nRSiKs.jpg

View Quote


I agree! IWI should have left the mlok crap to their AR products and leave the IWI military rifle designs to the OGs ...
2/13/2026 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FullAssault:

It’s IWI US’s own fault. They alienated over half of the potential buyers by gutting the OG design. Just like the ACE. If they just stuck to  it’s OG design and let the aftermarket do the “upgrades” these platforms wouldn’t be dead now.

https://cdn-fastly.thefirearmblog.com/media/2024/05/19/14651917/iwi-s-arad-and-carmel-rifles-to-be-produced-in-india.jpg?size=720x845&nocrop=1

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/950x900q90/923/nRSiKs.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By FullAssault:
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Originally Posted By Filliam:What was the point of positing these? They’re all old…
Yeah, this platform is closer to its discontinuation than its introduction.

It’s IWI US’s own fault. They alienated over half of the potential buyers by gutting the OG design. Just like the ACE. If they just stuck to  it’s OG design and let the aftermarket do the “upgrades” these platforms wouldn’t be dead now.

https://cdn-fastly.thefirearmblog.com/media/2024/05/19/14651917/iwi-s-arad-and-carmel-rifles-to-be-produced-in-india.jpg?size=720x845&nocrop=1

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/950x900q90/923/nRSiKs.jpg

You can thank exactly 1 guy at IWI for how things have gone down.
2/14/2026 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#45]
2/15/2026 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:


I agree! IWI should have left the mlok crap to their AR products and leave the IWI military rifle designs to the OGs ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:


I agree! IWI should have left the mlok crap to their AR products and leave the IWI military rifle designs to the OGs ...

Exactly!

Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

You can thank exactly 1 guy at IWI for how things have gone down.
yup! Gresham has single-handedly ruined IWI US
2/16/2026 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FullAssault:

Exactly!

yup! Gresham has single-handedly ruined IWI US
View Quote


I have to wonder it it was ego, stupidity, or simply not knowing the US market?  In any event, doesn't matter I guess.
2/19/2026 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#48]
It happened when everyone was converting to MLOK and all the industry was saying if you don't have MLOK...you are dead...

What IWI should have done is release it as the OG design ... then let people like Lucky Irish create MLOK handguards ...

That said, the Carmel is still a great weapon at a great price now ...
4/9/2026 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Time to ask for more photos.  Who has their handguard?

Who has printed covers?  Who printed them?

Anyone done a short barrel conversion?
4/13/2026 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FullAssault:

Exactly!

yup! Gresham has single-handedly ruined IWI US
View Quote




I don’t know man, this may just be my two cents but a guy who works for the company brought the rifle into the states. One that had to be modified to get it to the current US market and it doesn’t align with your desire to have a clone correct rifle hardly seems like he single handedly ruined IWI. Seems like you’re just pouty over it.

The Carmel is a solid rifle sorry you’re big sad.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 12
Next Page

The IWI carmel (Page 10 of 12)

Armory Sponsor