Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 82 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got an 11" 5.56 model that I can't decide what to do with. Braces don't really interest me and I don't think they do this gun justice. Ive previously stuck with 16" ARs until I dropped the money for this because of barrel length and the piston system. I've thought hard about SBRing it so I can do what I want to it, but my biggest hang up is not being able to cross state lines without permission. Not the being on a list or money for tax stamp (would be first NFA item for me). I live close to the border in my state and like to head north and think that would be an annoyance. Quick rant, but I feel like if I'm registering with the fed I should be able to take it anywhere I please, even non firearm friendly states because thats what gun-control advocates always pray for is a registry.

I've been thinking about selling it to recoup costs and replace with a shotgun (I hunt quite a bit in the fall) and optics for things that are needing them. I'm wanting RMRs for my glocks and still need an LPVO or red dot for another AR, as well as working on some builds. I'm fairly young and proud of my collection, just wanting to do more with what I currently have in the safe and I hit a point where I can't spend like I was in the past 2 years, woth buying a house and all.

Also, some of the wear issues read in this post made me wonder about it. It has less than 30 rounds through it, was working on a break-in but ammo conservation was also on my mind and haven't got to put anymore through it. Maybe someone can swing me one way or the other.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:01:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Labrador_Remy:
I've got an 11" 5.56 model that I can't decide what to do with. Braces don't really interest me and I don't think they do this gun justice. Ive previously stuck with 16" ARs until I dropped the money for this because of barrel length and the piston system. I've thought hard about SBRing it so I can do what I want to it, but my biggest hang up is not being able to cross state lines without permission. Not the being on a list or money for tax stamp (would be first NFA item for me). I live close to the border in my state and like to head north and think that would be an annoyance. Quick rant, but I feel like if I'm registering with the fed I should be able to take it anywhere I please, even non firearm friendly states because thats what gun-control advocates always pray for is a registry.

I've been thinking about selling it to recoup costs and replace with a shotgun (I hunt quite a bit in the fall) and optics for things that are needing them. I'm wanting RMRs for my glocks and still need an LPVO or red dot for another AR, as well as working on some builds. I'm fairly young and proud of my collection, just wanting to do more with what I currently have in the safe and I hit a point where I can't spend like I was in the past 2 years, woth buying a house and all.

Also, some of the wear issues read in this post made me wonder about it. It has less than 30 rounds through it, was working on a break-in but ammo conservation was also on my mind and haven't got to put anymore through it. Maybe someone can swing me one way or the other.
View Quote

It's been awhile since I've looked into this & someone should be along to verify.  But if you SBR it and add the stock, you can remove it prior to transport out of State and it should revert back to a pistol (non-NFA).  Same way adding a 16" upper to an AR no longer makes it an SBR.  A Bren Stock can be simply removed & the original end piece reinstalled.

There's an ATF letter in this thread from 2007 about converting to non-NFA for out of State transport.

Converting an SBR back to a regular rifle if you move to a non-SBR state
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:57:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#3]
Originally Posted By Labrador_Remy:

View Quote

Posted before.  

Solves all your problems.  Folder retains functionality of stock and latches in the closed position.  This is rock solid.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the 7.62 magazine situation getting any better?  I can't find any right now, but haven't been paying close attention, so I'm not sure if you guys are seeing stuff coming back in stock more quickly/regularly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sign up for the email alerts at cz webstore and greg cote.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MKEman:
Is the 7.62 magazine situation getting any better?  I can't find any right now, but haven't been paying close attention, so I'm not sure if you guys are seeing stuff coming back in stock more quickly/regularly.
View Quote

Another option is buy the AR type mag conversion insert HBI sells for $16, and use AR type 7.62x39 Mags (Duramag, ASC, etc.).  That's what I did for my 14" to rifle conversion to add 922 parts.

CZ Bren 2 MS 7.62×39 AR Magwell Conversion
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

FWIW there are ppl selling them on the EE. It may not be prices u want but that's where I got a few about a month ago.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I put another 80ish rounds down range on my 14" x39 bren2 practicing reloads. 3-4 round string-reload- 3-4 more rounds. Fairly fast cadence, no malfunctions at all.

Total round count is ~600 I think. Havent cleaned since I initially got it, and it's always been shot suppressed on a self drilled "suppressor" setting. Ik 600 rounds isnt a lot compared to other ppl testing their x39s but mine has been a flawless performer!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

Yes, 2s. Posted for the look mostly.

Unfortunately it wouldn't matter as this is only for the Czech LE/Mil (2s)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mdavis:
Happened upon this... Bren 2 Ms Telescoping Stock

Says for Czech LE/Mil only...

MORE

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/4sp9ljw3yju61_jpg-1919468.JPG

That's a 2S gun, not a MS, so wouldn't the QD swivel mount on the latter get in the way of the stock arm?

Yes, 2s. Posted for the look mostly.

Unfortunately it wouldn't matter as this is only for the Czech LE/Mil (2s)

Damn. My 2S SBR would look good with that on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

Another option is buy the AR type mag conversion insert HBI sells for $16, and use AR type 7.62x39 Mags (Duramag, ASC, etc.).  That's what I did for my 14" to rifle conversion to add 922 parts.

CZ Bren 2 MS 7.62×39 AR Magwell Conversion
View Quote

I think for $16 this is a great insurance plan.  I will pick this up and some AR pattern mags until I can find factory mags.  I prefer 20 round mags anyway.  I hope CZ releases some 20 round mags, but I'm not counting on it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#11]

I think for $16 this is a great insurance plan.  I will pick this up and some AR pattern mags until I can find factory mags.  I prefer 20 round mags anyway.  I hope CZ releases some 20 round mags, but I'm not counting on it.
View Quote

I know the "Unimags" are kinda hit or miss as far as AR magwells go but they have run like a champ in my x39 Bren 2 with AR magwell adapter.  I like the aesthetics of them over the wonky look of the typical 7.62x39 AR mags.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#12]
whats going on with this gun and all the secrets? parts supplies?

seems like the owners on the ground are the support tech after reading through 82 pages.

gun looks really promising. All the HB Industries upgrades should come standard on the gun, at that price range.

cz bren 2 iron sight cost?

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Any x39 Bren 2 owners here that were having failures that swapped out the piston spring with HBI High energy spring and the 3rd port drilling seen an improvement in reliability? Is this the fix that can help us be confident buying the x39 now or is the x39 something we should continue to run from? Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up a Bren 2Ms Carbine in 5.56 today.  Definitely an upgrade over my old 805 S1 carbine as they seem to have designed out all of the bad points of the previous model.  Only disappointment was it not coming with any sights, and the high pandemic/Biden pricing.  But glad to find out that it came with a suppressed setting.  Was about to jump on the HB service to drill an extra gas port for suppressor use, when I did some research and found the the 16” carbine comes with a suppressor setting replacing the adverse setting of the pistols (confusing as the manual that comes with it incorrectly says that the middle position is adverse).
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JuanCarlos:
Any x39 Bren 2 owners here that were having failures that swapped out the piston spring with HBI High energy spring and the 3rd port drilling seen an improvement in reliability? Is this the fix that can help us be confident buying the x39 now or is the x39 something we should continue to run from? Thanks for your input!
View Quote

My replacement has all the upgrades and still doesn't run for shit. I've done all the tricks including removing the shell deflector and the gun still does not work. Cz has said they are working on a fix for over 6 months now. Next month is the 1 year mark for the beginning of my Bren 2 malfunction saga.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#16]
How would you price the iron sights on the CZ Bren 2's and how is the HB industries gas port service working? Anyone got a measurement? Apparently its top secret clearence stuff.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

If you're still looking.

CZ BREN 2 7.62x39 30 RD CLEAR TRANSPARENT
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:33:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#18]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

If you're still looking.

CZ BREN 2 7.62x39 30 RD CLEAR TRANSPARENT
View Quote

are these inferior to the solid black models? also some available here, and another website but their close to $40 each

https://tombstonetactical.com/product/cz-11380-cz-bren-2-7.62x39mm-30rd-clear-detachable

also does anyone know the value of the set of Irons on the CZ Bren 2's
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Radiant:

are these inferior to the solid black models? also some available here, and another website but their close to $40 each

https://tombstonetactical.com/product/cz-11380-cz-bren-2-7.62x39mm-30rd-clear-detachable

View Quote

Sights are going for $225 new - HERE

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Lingle makes an ak mag lower for it. It's expensive and you obviously lose the LRBHO but ak mags are still plentiful and relatively cheap compared to the bren mags. Do with that what you will.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:14:40 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I imagine they're good to go. After all most photographs of GIGN seem to use the transparent magazines.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#22]
where is the best place to locate a cz bren 2 ms stock, the b model, I am looking for one. Also have a pair of the iron sights for sale or trade

also is there anyone making base pad replacements for the cz 7.62x39 magazines?? a nice low profile rubber one would be nice. similar to the b&t one

this thing is light!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Other than an occasional CZ Bren 2 stock showing up on Gunbroker at exorbitant prices, the only place I know of that has the CZ Bren 2 stock is  https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-bren-2-stock-complete-37s-b.

I've ordered from them and they are good to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Bren BR stocks on the EE. Great guy to deal with as well.

Click

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 35000psi:

I imagine they're good to go. After all most photographs of GIGN seem to use the transparent magazines.
View Quote

They're not good to go.

All three of mine ended up with cracked feed lips.  They were never dropped onto concrete and they were never dropped even on grass partially, or fully loaded.  The clear magazines are garbage.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#26]
Originally Posted By JuanCarlos:
View Quote

Yes & No - the HBI piston spring and port drilling service should be mandatory for parts reliability.  It will dramatically extend the service life of the Bren 2, which is sort of important at this time, as CZ-USA & CZ-UB have yet to import spare parts in quantity for this platform.

The issue is, even with the HBI reliability upgrades, the Bren 2 will still FTE if the ejector spring binds up in its channel, which causes the plunger to not fully extend.  In many failures the case won't even leave the ejection port.  I'm not sure why, but - a large number - of x39 bolts have machining debris from the factory inside this channel, if you don't believe me, ask HBI how common this issue is with guns that FTE.  With the factory bolt velocity (over gassed), it only magnifies this problem.  It's a real easy fix (disassemble the bolt and clean the ejector channel & spring), but IMHO very few owners will actually disassemble a bolt to this extreme on a brand new firearm.  I don't blame them, they shouldn't have to!  I'm not saying this will fix (every) FTE issue, but it's worth checking.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#27]
What has anyone found for good m-lok covers for these? I have magpul type 2 right now and they don’t really fit great and are too small. Any better options?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:

Yes & No - the HBI piston spring and port drilling service should be mandatory for parts reliability.  It will dramatically extend the service life of the Bren 2, which is sort of important at this time, as CZ-USA & CZ-UB have yet to import spare parts in quantity for this platform.

The issue is, even with the HBI reliability upgrades, the Bren 2 will still FTE if the ejector spring binds up in its channel, which causes the plunger to not fully extend.  In many failures the case won't even leave the ejection port.  I'm not sure why, but - a large number - of x39 bolts have machining debris from the factory inside this channel, if you don't believe me, ask HBI how common this issue is with guns that FTE.  With the factory bolt velocity (over gassed), it only magnifies this problem.  It's a real easy fix (disassemble the bolt and clean the ejector channel & spring), but IMHO very few owners will actually disassemble a bolt to this extreme on a brand new firearm.  I don't blame them, they shouldn't have to!  I'm not saying this will fix (every) FTE issue, but it's worth checking.
View Quote

HBI should sell the ejector spring along with the Piston spring and port drilling service as a package. Ship in your bolt and the gas tube and they replace the ejector spring and clean out and ship back with your original so you have a spare.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:39:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#29]
Originally Posted By G3k:
What has anyone found for good m-lok covers for these? I have magpul type 2 right now and they don’t really fit great and are too small. Any better options?
View Quote

I ordered the rail scales 2.5 slot mlok covers, 3 for 30 , 4 for 39. covers perfect, do not recommend the dragon scales outside of looks, prefer honeycomb for use and looks, matrix for pure use. they have ones with 45 degree wings like the magpul, I do not know if they fit, they are also really pricey.

I took my 11 inch 7.62x39 to the range today

ran 100 rounds (older hollow points, fmj, soft point etc), absolutely flawless, no issues. It did eject 1-2 o clock from observation. Mine is completely stock aside from HBindustries upgrades : trigger, disconnector, spring, 7.8 handguard , safety's and charging handle. I am sending in my gas block this week for suppressor setting drill service.

only thing I would have liked to see better was, ejection out to 3/4o clock instead of 1/2. I switched it to setting 2 briefly and it seemed the same maybe even worse, I switched it back and kept blasting away. mostly ejected 2-2:30
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#30]
200 more rounds today, 300 flawless now (old nasty russian steel). sure gets hot! Seemed to be ejecting 2:30 most the time
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone know what the 922r parts are on the Bren 2MS carbine?  I assume that the muzzle brake, same as on the 805 carbine, is one, and the handguard is another.  The US made D&H mag is three more, so I think that leaves at least one more.  Anyone know?   AFAIK, the charging handle and trigger are the same as on the pistols, so they aren’t likely to be swapped out.  The stock looks like a standard Bren 2 BR stock, although maybe the sliding portion is US made like on the Scorpion carbine?  Disconnector?  I see in the 922r kit for the pistol there is a disconnector.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Someone please educate me on Bren 2 stocks...

What is the difference between the #37S-A and the #37S-B stock besides the slight appearance and QD point ???
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:42:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#33]
Originally Posted By ARguy:
Someone please educate me on Bren 2 stocks...

What is the difference between the #37S-A and the #37S-B stock besides the slight appearance and QD point ???
View Quote

I have both and like both. I use the #37S-A for my short 8" guns and the #37S-B for my 11" with LPVO.

#37S-A
  • Slightly shorter
  • 2 spot adjustable LOP
  • Thinner
  • More solid
#37S-B
  • Thicker
  • Higher cheek rest
  • 3 spot adjustable LOP

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
Anyone know what the 922r parts are on the Bren 2MS carbine?  I assume that the muzzle brake, same as on the 805 carbine, is one, and the handguard is another.  The US made D&H mag is three more, so I think that leaves at least one more.  Anyone know?   AFAIK, the charging handle and trigger are the same as on the pistols, so they aren’t likely to be swapped out.  The stock looks like a standard Bren 2 BR stock, although maybe the sliding portion is US made like on the Scorpion carbine?  Disconnector?  I see in the 922r kit for the pistol there is a disconnector.  Anyone know?
View Quote

Not sure on the carbine, I am curious as well, possibly the sliding portion is US made.
I put this together a while back, if the stock is "US" then the following should be accurate - for the pistol version.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Posted this to CZ usa's Facebook account, dont expect much but its something to keep reminding them that we are still waiting.

This month marks the one year anniversary of the beginning of my FTE malfunctions with my 7.62x39 Bren 2. Since then my first Bren 2 went back to your facility 3 times.

The first two times it was sent back to me with the remarks that it was caused by lacquer coated ammo and that the weapon was too dirty. Every time it came back it would malfunction on the very next range session and would go back to your facility.

After the third trip back, many more cases had been reported and CZ finally began to take the reports seriously. This resulted in CZ sending me a replacement 7.62x39 Bren 2. Unfortunately, this pistol had the very same issues my first Bren had.

I tried to troubleshoot this firearm as well, with no success. My biggest finding was that the ejector spring channel was clogged with metal shavings causing the plunger to bind. Not only that, my ejector spring was kinked. Unfortunately this gun is still waiting a fix from CZ.

My question to you is this: how much longer must we wait for you to fix your product? One year of waiting is not only absolutely ridiculous, it is borderline negligent on your end. It would be different if you would keep us in the loop, let us know what is going on. The last time I posted on your Facebook accout was months ago, and you stated the team from CZ had flown to the states to test ammo available here in the US. Nothing since then has been mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:01:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#36]
Originally Posted By Tfdarchos:
Posted this to CZ usa's Facebook account, dont expect much but its something to keep reminding them that we are still waiting.

This month marks the one year anniversary of the beginning of my FTE malfunctions with my 7.62x39 Bren 2. Since then my first Bren 2 went back to your facility 3 times.

The first two times it was sent back to me with the remarks that it was caused by lacquer coated ammo and that the weapon was too dirty. Every time it came back it would malfunction on the very next range session and would go back to your facility.

After the third trip back, many more cases had been reported and CZ finally began to take the reports seriously. This resulted in CZ sending me a replacement 7.62x39 Bren 2. Unfortunately, this pistol had the very same issues my first Bren had.

I tried to troubleshoot this firearm as well, with no success. My biggest finding was that the ejector spring channel was clogged with metal shavings causing the plunger to bind. Not only that, my ejector spring was kinked. Unfortunately this gun is still waiting a fix from CZ.

My question to you is this: how much longer must we wait for you to fix your product? One year of waiting is not only absolutely ridiculous, it is borderline negligent on your end. It would be different if you would keep us in the loop, let us know what is going on. The last time I posted on your Facebook accout was months ago, and you stated the team from CZ had flown to the states to test ammo available here in the US. Nothing since then has been mentioned.
View Quote

this is completely unacceptable from CZ... no excuse for this. At least communicate and be as transparent as legally possible. respect your customers and their hard earned money. Where are the spare parts?

My 7.62x39 has so far been flawless. gets a little warm, super light (though the lower and magazines can feel like a toy, and thin barrel) HB Industries upgrades should have all come stock.. at this price point and company reputation.

any looking for a 7.8 inch HB rail , I got a LNIB HB Industries CZ Bren 2 Handguard 7.8 inch M-Lok
shipped and insured -  can include x2 Rail Scale Honeycomb sniper grey 2.5 mlok slot panels that fit the 2.5 mlok slots perfect / CZ Bren 2 HK style iron sights

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:23:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kian503] [#37]

View Quote

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"...  

I completely agree with you Tfdarchos unfortunately CZ don't give a f*#$K about us.   My weapon is also at CZ and is approaching the year mark of when all this FTE fiasco started.  My gun was filmed by Tim of MAC to highlight the problem to CZ but Im still left like Tfdarchos waiting with no communication.  

They just laughing at us while other people continue to purchase their guns.  CZ does not care if they upset a handful of customers and lose a few fan boys.

I bet you on their end they have the attitude "Well we offered you a refund and you did not take it.. so you deciding to wait is your problem."

Im starting to think I might as well ask for my money back and give it to IWI for a Galil Ace.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#38]
New optic in :-)

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:47:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#39]
great choice on the LED Acog, superior imho, I got that 4x and the ta11 3.5 led,
both green horseshoe! on point ^

if I were the guys above I would forsure take that refund and go buy a iwi galil ace or even a cmmg mk47 mutant 8/10 inch if you can even find either one of them for under 2300 stock bone, I would be surprised.

My CZ Bren2 11 inch 7.62x39 has had no issues or I would of sold it for one of those.

I was looking at those other two more, especially the galil ace, but a quality bren fell to me ( I didint even know about them that much)

the other 2 certainly seem beefier which is good for feel but heavier. Ace does not have LRBHO, MK47 does not have a side charger but a charging handle like an AR

you like magpul mags? well the bren can do that with after market magwell or lower.

I would have gotten the lower had it not been so over priced and finicky in regards to AR triggers it works with. They work with all triggers and 200, id be all in.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:33:16 AM EDT
[#40]
great choice on the LED Acog, superior imho, I got that 4x and the ta11 3.5 led,

if I were the guys above I would forsure take that refund and go buy a iwi galil ace or even a cmmg mk47 mutant 8/10 inch if you can even find either one of them for under 2300 stock bone, I would be surprised.

My CZ Bren2 11 inch 7.62x39 has had no issues or I would of sold it for one of those.

I was looking at those other two more, especially the galil ace, but a quality bren fell to me ( I didint even know about them that much)

the other 2 certainly seem beefier which is good for feel but heavier. Ace does not have LRBHO, MK47 does not have a side charger but a charging handle like an AR

you like magpul mags? well the bren can do that with after market magwell or lower.

I would have gotten the lower had it not been so over priced and finicky in regards to AR triggers it works with. They work with all triggers and 200, id be all in.
View Quote

Aces have been available for ~1750-1900 depending on version pretty regularly the past few days.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Thanks, i did remove the Troy sights since the rear can not flip up so I'll just save them for my next build.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice! I love me some LED ACOG
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Social Media is how I contacted CZ-UB /CZ-USA to begin with, you're not going to get anywhere with emails and phone calls - this seems to be the 'new normal' in terms of customer service relations with these companies.  Even if it's just one or two people posting about a negative experience with the Bren 2 concerning the FTE issues, they will start taking it seriously as thousands of people view them every day.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I did submit the same text to Cz usa's and CZ ub's contact page and have received email responses from them.

CZub replied first:

Hello Tfdarchos,

Thank you for reaching out.

We are sorry you are experiencing troubles with your rifle. We are fully aware of the problem with BREN 2 rifles of this caliber and we have been analyzing the problems with utmost thoroughness.

I have checked the current status with the responsible management internally in CZ. We will release an official statement on this topic soon with instructions for our customers and all the necessary information.

Let us apologize for the delay with the resolution of this problem, we will do our best to avoid such situations in the future.

S pozdravem / Kind regards

Marketing Specialist

Later that day CZ USA replied with this:

Tfdarchos,

I am very sorry for the current situation and completely understand your frustration. Believe me when I say we are just as frustrated as you. There are a lot of factors that have hindered the factory’s progress on a solution. Traveling from the Czech Republic to the states for testing has proved challenging as is finding many different brands of ammunition to test with.

A Czech team from the factory has been here several times now and they believe the most recent visit was successful. Please understand that while we have been working to find a solution we have to be careful about how much information is released in order to limit false reports and misinformation as it gets circulated online.

At this point the factory does believe they have determined the cause and found a solution but it will likely be at least several months before we receive the necessary parts here in the states. At that point we will likely want to do some wider range testing with as many types and brands of ammunition as we can with several different firearms to validate results before releasing the fix to the public. While we understand the situation is frustrating we want to be sure that, when a fix is released, it is indeed a fix and not a temporary solution.

This whole process has taken much longer than any of us would have liked or expected which is why we have offered and are still offering refunds or 5.56 replacements for our customers. I see in your most recent RMA that you do not want a refund or replacement so unfortunately the only thing I can offer is hope that a solution is in the near future. If you have changed your mind please let us know and we can proceed accordingly.

We will keep working as diligently as possible so this issue can be conclusively resolved and I sincerely apologize again on behalf of the entire CZUB/CZ-USA team.

Gunsmith & Technical Support Supervisor
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I did submit the same text to Cz usa's and CZ ub's contact page and have received email responses from them.

CZub replied first:

Hello Tfdarchos,

We are sorry you are experiencing troubles with your rifle. We are fully aware of the problem with BREN 2 rifles of this caliber and we have been analyzing the problems with utmost thoroughness.

I have checked the current status with the responsible management internally in CZ. We will release an official statement on this topic soon with instructions for our customers and all the necessary information.

Let us apologize for the delay with the resolution of this problem, we will do our best to avoid such situations in the future.

Marketing Specialist

Tfdarchos,

I am very sorry for the current situation and completely understand your frustration. Believe me when I say we are just as frustrated as you. There are a lot of factors that have hindered the factory’s progress on a solution. Traveling from the Czech Republic to the states for testing has proved challenging as is finding many different brands of ammunition to test with.

A Czech team from the factory has been here several times now and they believe the most recent visit was successful. Please understand that while we have been working to find a solution we have to be careful about how much information is released in order to limit false reports and misinformation as it gets circulated online.

At this point the factory does believe they have determined the cause and found a solution but it will likely be at least several months before we receive the necessary parts here in the states. At that point we will likely want to do some wider range testing with as many types and brands of ammunition as we can with several different firearms to validate results before releasing the fix to the public. While we understand the situation is frustrating we want to be sure that, when a fix is released, it is indeed a fix and not a temporary solution.

This whole process has taken much longer than any of us would have liked or expected which is why we have offered and are still offering refunds or 5.56 replacements for our customers. I see in your most recent RMA that you do not want a refund or replacement so unfortunately the only thing I can offer is hope that a solution is in the near future. If you have changed your mind please let us know and we can proceed accordingly.

We will keep working as diligently as possible so this issue can be conclusively resolved and I sincerely apologize again on behalf of the entire CZUB/CZ-USA team.

View Quote

I've got a 556 gun but these responses at least appear to have some substance behind them.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone cut down a bren 2 carbine to 13.7/13.9 yet? Any changes needed to the gas system?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#48]

CZub replied first:

Hello Tfdarchos,

Marketing Specialist

Tfdarchos,

View Quote

Very well spoken from CZ-UB, that was my experience from them as well. CZ-USA is likely going to work with the refunded or traded Bren 2Ms models once the 'final solution' (likely a new bolt / gas regulator / spring assembly) is imported into the USA for current owners.  

At this point - just hold strong - treat your firearm being inoperable like waiting on a form approval from the ATF.  The time to get a refund was early on with the Bren 2Ms.  The value of the Bren 2S is only going to increase as time goes on, exponentially on all the 7.62x39 models when they - eventually - make them equally reliable to other model variations.  

There's no doubt, if the x39 was reliable from the start, the Bren 2Ms / 2S in 7.62x39 would be one of the most sought after modern firearms in the USA. I'm not a 'fanboy' of this platform, but it genuinely outperforms the competition in every metric (in 7.62x39, not 5.56x45).  It's a perfect, modern successor to the Sa Vz.58, unlike the 805 which fell short in a few categories.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't know - the vz-58 was an excellent rifle, everything the AK wished it was, that's for certain, but the BREN 805 was a better rifle. The problem I had was the reciprocating harging handle and the weight, but that's just me. The BREN 2 MS 7.62x39mm WAS to me one of the most perfect firearms I had ever owned, and I could put most on a steel silhouette at 200 yards kneeling.
But the 5.56 model is just fine, here is my boy with mine as of just a few hours ago.

Attachment Attached File

He's not sure if he likes this one more than his AR with the upgraded trigger, but he can hit whatever he aims at with this little firearm. It functioned flawlessly with about 5 different loads today, and the peening on the upper lugs, while there, is very, very light.
Having said that, yes, I wish I had the 7.62x39mm version again, because it was great accurate fun, but I don't feel "downgraded" to the 5.56mm model.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Subbed for interest. I was going to buy a Bren 2 but got sick of waiting and got an ACR instead.

Would still like a Bren eventually, but for now I'll wait.
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 82 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top