User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 81 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

What make are the flash suppressors? If I end up going with a carbine instead of the pistol that will be the first thing I swap ou.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By uncas1:

What make are the flash suppressors? If I end up going with a carbine instead of the pistol that will be the first thing I swap ou.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The top two are Surefire Warcomp Closed Tine.

The bottom is standard A2.

But any 1/2x28 muzzle device you want will work.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the on that’s on the pistol but CZ doesn’t offer that on the carbine and it’s not on their website.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the on that’s on the pistol but CZ doesn’t offer that on the carbine and it’s not on their website.
View Quote

Pretty ironic that since day one, virtually everyone who has tested the carbine has disliked the muzzle brake and preferred the flash hider (same issue with the original Bren 805, they didn't listen).  Which as you mentioned, wouldn't be a problem from a consumer standpoint if an actual Bren 2 flash hider was available for purchase from them.  

Doesn't seem like anyone is listening to the customer here, Zack @ CZ-USA literally ghosted us a few months back 😂 I'm sure he's still is keeping up with this thread however.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eichornchen] [#5]
Can anyone confirm if the Bren 2s weaver rails will work on the Bren 2MS? I've seen photos, but not 100% sure?

Additionally, If anyone is looking for a set of the factory weaver rails, I have an extra set (2x Sides and 1x Bottom) that I'm trying cut loose.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Eichornchen:
Can anyone confirm if the Bren 2s weaver rails will work on the Bren 2MS? I've seen photos, but not 100% sure?

Additionally, If anyone is looking for a set of the factory weaver rails, I have an extra set (2x Sides and 1x Bottom) that I'm trying cut loose.
View Quote

No they aren’t compatible.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

No they aren’t compatible.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Good to know.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Any one else still have their gun sitting at CZ?  Its been half a year since I sent it in, and want to see if I am the only idiot dumb enough to trust CZ and send their gun in for RMA.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Any one else still have their gun sitting at CZ?  Its been half a year since I sent it in, and want to see if I am the only idiot dumb enough to trust CZ and send their gun in for RMA.
View Quote

I was able to secure a replacement 7.62X39 gun.  I honestly dont recall how long it took but it was at least six weeks.  That's probably being very conservative.  I'm pretty sure I posted about it in this thread if you want to go back and do your own research.

Sorry that you've had to wait so long bud.  I really hope they get you taken care of eventually.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:55:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
View Quote

My weapon is still there since 11/20.  I really do not like CZ.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else having issues with Bren 2 in 5.56 not cycling on gas setting one.  Shot about 150 rounds today and I had to put it on setting 2 in order for gun to cycle. On setting one it was a bolt gun, and only cycled with suppressor on. I installed an hbi extended hand guard and shot 55 gr reman ammo.
Was just curious if anyone else had similar issues. On setting 2 the gun ran fine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By alexm5656:
Anyone else having issues with Bren 2 in 5.56 not cycling on gas setting one.  Shot about 150 rounds today and I had to put it on setting 2 in order for gun to cycle. On setting one it was a bolt gun, and only cycled with suppressor on. I installed an hbi extended hand guard and shot 55 gr reman ammo.
Was just curious if anyone else had similar issues. On setting 2 the gun ran fine.
View Quote

Before you go any further, what torque spec did you use for the front handguard.  I know initially, the torque specs from HBI were (higher) which caused malfunctions to occur in some Bren 2's.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:

Before you go any further, what torque spec did you use for the front handguard.  I know initially, the torque specs from HBI were (higher) which caused malfunctions to occur in some Bren 2's.
View Quote

This, I was told 45in/lb as paper insert states, not 90in/lb
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my pin & weld done (along w 922 parts) on my 7.62.  Not sure I like the optic I have on it, but it needed something.  Really adds a lot of weight.  And I still need to add some kind of folder that's 922 compliant.  Sure is ugly in this configuration.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:08:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#15]
Originally Posted By alexm5656:
View Quote

View Quote

Originally Posted By richiemfmead:

This, I was told 45in/lb as paper insert states, not 90in/lb
View Quote

I have the new 10.8" handguard and the torque setting for it is 45 in/lb - Although I didn't do that.

Just an FYI: CZ Spec on those four barrel screws is 70 in/lb

I torqued in values of 5 in/lb increments up to 70 in/lb, which is factory spec. While torqueing, made sure barrel was seated properly, BCG assembly with recoil spring inserted / bolt was in chamber... ie, removed lower.

At 65 and 70 in/lb, there was resistance on the charging handle and BCG. It was not smooth. So I took it all apart, added new Nord-Lock washers, made sure barrel was seated properly, BCG assembly with recoil spring inserted / bolt was in chamber and did it again to confirm. Confirmed not smooth.

At 60 in/lb, no resistance, smooth normal function. I took it all apart again, added new Nord-Lock washers, made sure barrel was seated properly, BCG assembly with recoil spring inserted / bolt was in chamber and torqued to 60 in/lb. All smooth. All good.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Pretty ironic that since day one, virtually everyone who has tested the carbine has disliked the muzzle brake and preferred the flash hider (same issue with the original Bren 805, they didn't listen).  Which as you mentioned, wouldn't be a problem from a consumer standpoint if an actual Bren 2 flash hider was available for purchase from them.  

Doesn't seem like anyone is listening to the customer here, Zack @ CZ-USA literally ghosted us a few months back 😂 I'm sure he's still is keeping up with this thread however.
View Quote

Zach is no longer with CZ-USA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

PM sent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my carbine this week. Still haven't decided on an optic. I'd like to keep it light.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Going to keep this one simple and keep the weight down.

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By rm2092:
Going to keep this one simple and keep the weight down.

http://i.imgur.com/TIs5XUqh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/T2eIfrnh.jpg
View Quote
Looks good!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there a way to get a bren 2 flash hider outside of buying the pistol? How much do they usually go for by themselves? I just pinned and welded a different muzzle device on my Bren 2 so I don’t need the flash hider anymore. From what I understand they are rather rare.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:52:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I got my carbine this week. Still haven't decided on an optic. I'd like to keep it light.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57761/Resized_20210413_183440_jpeg-1907746.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57761/Resized_20210413_184729_jpeg-1907747.JPG
View Quote
Lightest option is a red dot. You can get a Aimpoint T2 or Holosun 503c with a Scalarworks mount and it's only about 5oz. Holographic sights like Eotech or the Vortex Huey are like 11-12oz
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Threw a PA 1-6x on top the 2MS carbine. Not sure I'll keep it or swap to something lighter.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:35:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#25]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Threw a PA 1-6x on top the 2MS carbine. Not sure I'll keep it or swap to something lighter.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57761/Resized_20210418_171821_jpeg-1909927.JPG
View Quote

Leave it. How much weight does a PA 1-6 with Aero mount add... C'mon man!

Edit: love the ACR
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

Leave it. How much weight does a PA 1-6 with Aero mount add... C'mon man!

Edit: love the ACR
View Quote
I think the Aero and PA 1-6 adds about 20oz, pretty much as light as a 1-6 and mount gets.  I could go Acog or one of the Vortex Prisms and be down to about 10oz added.

I just got my stamp back for the ACR.  Hopefully I can get both of these rifles sighted in this week.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Still ugly & a work in progress, but was happy with the accuracy with Tula at 25 Yards.  I still need to add the right stock & longer rail, but with many gun projects & limited funds, can't do it all.

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
Still ugly & a work in progress, but was happy with the accuracy with Tula at 25 Yards.  I still need to add the right stock & longer rail, but with many gun projects & limited funds, can't do it all.

https://i.imgur.com/CjtaK1S.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pkU2Qgg.jpg
View Quote
25 yards. Is that because of limitation of the ranges in your area?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:42:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#29]
Originally Posted By Rigian:
25 yards. Is that because of limitation of the ranges in your area?
View Quote

I have a spot I use to shoot handguns (which was my main objective today) that’s only about 30 yards.  I just wanted to shoot the Bren after getting my pin & weld done and get a basic zero.

Breaking in my new MR920 was my main goal today.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mousitch] [#32]
Took in my 2MS14” in last week to pin and weld a SilencerCo ASR FH. I told the wife about it last night. Well if she didn’t sneak down to the gunsmith and pay for the work and also picked up A Sig Romeo5sdx for it while she was there. Our 5th wedding anniversary is tomorrow. Lucky guy.

Picked it up this afternoon. 16.1” with FH. (Not, I asked gunsmith before I left if he measured 16.1. He confirmed we were good to go)

Update: I just measured the barrel. From face to longest tine on the fh, it’s 16” dead on. That’s to close for my comfort. What say you? May be looking at removal and installing a warcomp
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Mousitch:
Took in my 2MS14” in last week to pin and weld a SilencerCo ASR FH. I told the wife about it last night. Well if she didn’t sneak down to the gunsmith and pay for the work and also picked up A Sig Romeo5sdx for it while she was there. Our 5th wedding anniversary is tomorrow. Lucky guy.

Picked it up this afternoon. 16.1” with FH. (Not, I asked gunsmith before I left if he measured 16.1. He confirmed we were good to go)

Update: I just measured the barrel. From face to longest tine on the fh, it’s 16” dead on. That’s to close for my comfort. What say you? May be looking at removal and installing a warcomp
View Quote

Mine measures 16.1 to the tallest tine.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Same FH? I need to get a yardstick and use that to measure and better lighting while taping cleaning rod. I’ll recheck tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Have the smith re-do it with a washer to add some length.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Took in my 2MS14" in last week to pin and weld a SilencerCo ASR FH. I told the wife about it last night. Well if she didn't sneak down to the gunsmith and pay for the work and also picked up A Sig Romeo5sdx for it while she was there. Our 5th wedding anniversary is tomorrow. Lucky guy.

Picked it up this afternoon. 16.1" with FH. (Not, I asked gunsmith before I left if he measured 16.1. He confirmed we were good to go)

Update: I just measured the barrel. From face to longest tine on the fh, it's 16" dead on. That's to close for my comfort. What say you? May be looking at removal and installing a warcomp
View Quote
I thought it was measured from a closed bolt? I haven't read any of this in a long time but I was told that they put a dowel down the barrel on a closed bolt and measure it that way.

Can someone confirm if this is correct?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mrozowjj:
I thought it was measured from a closed bolt? I haven't read any of this in a long time but I was told that they put a dowel down the barrel on a closed bolt and measure it that way.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mrozowjj:
Took in my 2MS14" in last week to pin and weld a SilencerCo ASR FH. I told the wife about it last night. Well if she didn't sneak down to the gunsmith and pay for the work and also picked up A Sig Romeo5sdx for it while she was there. Our 5th wedding anniversary is tomorrow. Lucky guy.

Picked it up this afternoon. 16.1" with FH. (Not, I asked gunsmith before I left if he measured 16.1. He confirmed we were good to go)

Update: I just measured the barrel. From face to longest tine on the fh, it's 16" dead on. That's to close for my comfort. What say you? May be looking at removal and installing a warcomp

You're correct.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes. This was a closed bolt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Same FH? I need to get a yardstick and use that to measure and better lighting while taping cleaning rod. I’ll recheck tomorrow.
View Quote

Yes. Silencerco asr 3prong flash hider, 1 washer behind the fh. I measured 16" out on a cleaning rod using a caliper, stuck it down the pipe on a closed bolt and couldnt see the mark at the longest tine.

Do what ur comfortable with tho.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#40]
For those that have Form 1 SBR'd, I had some questions.

When I did my Form 1's about 15 years ago, they wanted to know original manufacturer and location of manufacturer.  I used the City and State as listed on the receiver.  
I notice the new form 1's says something about the original manufacturers address.  Are we tracking down addresses now of manufacturers, or will City and State (or Country) still work?  And if we are, what are we using for CZ?

What are we submitting for barrel lengths?  The published 8", 11", 14" or are we actually measuring for the real length?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#41]
For those that have Form 1 SBR'd, I had some questions.

When I did my Form 1's about 15 years ago, they wanted to know original manufacturer and location of manufacturer.  I used the City and State as listed on the receiver.  
I notice the new form 1's says something about the original manufacturers address.  Are we tracking down addresses now of manufacturers, or will City and State (or Country) still work?  And if we are, what are we using for CZ?

What are we submitting for barrel lengths?  The published 8", 11", 14" or are we actually measuring for the real length?

Thanks.
View Quote

Original manufacturers address: CESKA ZBROJOVKA (CZ), CZECH REPUBLIC

Barrel length is actual published barrel length from CZ. Ie. 8.26", 11.14" etc...

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Barrel length is actual published barrel length from CZ. Ie. 8.26", 11.14" etc...

View Quote

Thanks.  Did you add the CZ USA Kansas City, KS in the additional marking section?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Thanks.  Did you add the CZ USA Kansas City, KS in the additional marking section?
View All Quotes

Yes

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:46:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#44]
Happened upon this... Bren (edit) 2S Telescoping Stock

Says for Czech LE/Mil only...

MORE

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Happened upon this... Bren 2 Ms Telescoping Stock

MORE

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/4sp9ljw3yju61_jpg-1919468.JPG

View Quote

That's definitely the route I'd go with on my 8" (if the stock ever becomes available).  It's also interesting to see in the background pic the front sight is reversed and folded forward Scars style.  Something my ADD brain never thought of, but probably easier to flip-up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#46]

That's definitely the route I'd go with on my 8" (if the stock ever becomes available).  It's also interesting to see in the background pic the front sight is reversed and folded forward Scars style.  Something my ADD brain never thought of, but probably easier to flip-up.
View All Quotes

MORE

Very interesting - I wonder if they will ever show up over here......
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#47]

MORE

View Quote

Hot Damn.  I needs me one of those for my 8 inch gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Honestly love this gun so far. Bunch of HBI upgrades, Dan Haga backstrap, etc

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#49]

MORE

View Quote

That's a 2S gun, not a MS, so wouldn't the QD swivel mount on the latter get in the way of the stock arm?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

That's a 2S gun, not a MS, so wouldn't the QD swivel mount on the latter get in the way of the stock arm?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mdavis:

MORE

Yes, 2s. Posted for the look mostly.

Unfortunately it wouldn't matter as this is only for the Czech LE/Mil (2s)

Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 81 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top