User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too many photos. Going to be a bit of work to setup images and explaination so I left it in a google photo album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5nsT9LrwCUJtKGSc9
View Quote
Thanks for all of the pictures! I’d like to second the question of whether it has a suppressed setting on the regulator?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does the 7.62x39 version have last round bolt hold open open?
View Quote
Yes. The 7.62x39 magazine is best described as STANAG+. The difference between this and a STANAG AR mag is the sleeve that gets installed in the magwell for the 556 variant.  Meaning the magazine holding latch is the same. Same for the bolt hold open.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is there a suppressed setting on the gas port? I wonder if the G36 style mags for the 805 will fit in the 7.62 magwell without the spacer?
View Quote
There are 3 settings on the gas port 0, 1, & 2.

The G36 style magazine uses a rear latch. It won't fit this lower.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn I was hoping for AK mags.  I don't see anybody selling the mags for these.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn I was hoping for AK mags.  I don't see anybody selling the mags for these.
View Quote
Once you see how light this setup is, you wouldn't want to go back to AK magazine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Once you see how light this setup is, you wouldn't want to go back to AK magazine.
View Quote
Can't be much lighter than a magpul.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
It's lighter. Similar to ETS mags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Too many photos. Going to be a bit of work to setup images and explaination so I left it in a google photo album.

View Quote
Thanks!

Hopefully the caliber conversions are reasonably priced and the 11" 5.56 comes out soon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the photos. Trigger as good as on the 805?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]
So am I the only one that's a little iffy on the whole 5.56 mag sleeve deal?  I mean for all I know that's a proven system that's been in use forever and I've just personally never seen it until now.
I'd probably want it to be a dedicated 5.56 rifle and it seems like a special extra piece just to make it one is asking for something to go wrong.

Thanks for the photos, btw!
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
The sleeve seems pretty sturdy.

Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]
The sleeve seems pretty sturdy. Look at the following images

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V5z8MiFEPuCfNKLh9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y41kEFHrrxqzNynG6
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw those I just couldn't tell how its held in place.
Is it just held in place by the magazine catch?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Not sure. Seems to be held in place by mag catch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Added new photos to album after taking it to a local range. I am liking this modern firearm.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if the Bren 2 lower is compatible with a Bren 1 upper. Would like to have the bolt catch/release functions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Right, and IWI said the X95 SBRs were coming in Q1, 2016. I doubt we'll see it. My only gripes with the Bren 805 are it's very front heavy and no bolt release.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will be coming in 2019 according to CZ Czech.

https://image.ibb.co/dVZhve/cz_bren_805.png
Right, and IWI said the X95 SBRs were coming in Q1, 2016. I doubt we'll see it. My only gripes with the Bren 805 are it's very front heavy and no bolt release.
Well, I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone grab the longer barrel version and can throw it on a scale?

Post the weight and Tag back, please if you have.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go to the photo album I posted, in there, there are two photos from the user's manual that list the specifications of the 556 and 762x39 version that also lists the weights of each configuration.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Go to the photo album I posted, in there, there are two photos from the user's manual that list the specifications of the 556 and 762x39 version that also lists the weights of each configuration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

7.4 lbs. with a stock (I think)
16” Bren 1 is 8.43lbs with a stock, so a fairly significant difference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#21]
What is the consensus on the 8" barrel? I wish they released the 11" barrels for 5.56.  Thought about purchasing a 14" and having it cut down... but I might as well just wait.

Does anyone know if ~$1,800 is the MSRP or if this will be around the price point during the actual release?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What is the consensus on the 8" barrel? I wish they released the 11" barrels for 5.56.  Thought about purchasing a 14" and having it cut down... but I might as well just wait.

Does anyone know if ~$1,800 is the MSRP or if this will be around the price point during the actual release?
View Quote
11" 556 version is out there already. Just have to look.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

11" 556 version is out there already. Just have to look.
View Quote
Only 11" I've seen is the 7.62
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Only 11" I've seen is the 7.62
View Quote
The 11" model hasn't hit the supply chain yet. No telling when they'll show up.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Any further word when the complete Bren 2 rifles might be arriving?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any further word when the complete Bren 2 rifles might be arriving?
View Quote
No.  2019. Wait for Shot Show.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not sure. Seems to be held in place by mag catch.
View Quote
It has two ramped barbs on either side at the top that snap over ledges in the lower when shove in far enough.  You have to bow the sides of the insert in about 2mm and remove the mag catch before it can be removed.  Since the exposed bottom lip of the insert is reinforced, you can only remove it with the gun taken apart, and with deliberate action.  Very happy-meal toy-ish, but it's a proven assembly method for plastics in a zillion different products & appliances.

The only thing to worry about (which hasn't been an issue so far) is the liner bowing inward due to molding stresses, making the magwell slightly tighter.  Again, hasn't been an issue so far, though you see like a paper-thin gap between the parts from that mold spring-back.

I'll second the guy who said these things are likely a better x39 magazine than anything currently on the market.  So long as they don't abandon the design after a couple of years like the G36 magazine and offer it for a decent price like the Scorpion mags, I think users will be happier with them than they ever were AK mags.  They won't ever dominate, obviously, but I can see savvy shooters preferring them over poly AK mags or especially x39 AR-pattern mags.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wonder if the Bren 2 lower is compatible with a Bren 1 upper. Would like to have the bolt catch/release functions.
View Quote
I don't think there is a single part, to include the firing pin, compatible between the two generations.  This was a clean sheet design inspired by the BREN 805.

Bolt catch is just like an AR, now, but with a second vertically-sliding bar going down through the front of the trigger guard, that raises/lowers the catch lever, so you can do these things with your index finger (so long as you don't mind doing stuff in the trigger guard besides pulling the trigger)
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

It's not just that the weight is less (which it very distinctly is), it is that the gas system is way lighter, AND shorter by about an inch.  The CZ805 always felt like a 308 battle-rifle to me; the BREN 2 feels 'handy,' even though they are basically the same external size.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's not just that the weight is less (which it very distinctly is), it is that the gas system is way lighter, AND shorter by about an inch.  The CZ805 always felt like a 308 battle-rifle to me; the BREN 2 feels 'handy,' even though they are basically the same external size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Nice to hear. In about a year (given the anti shitbags don’t get their way), I’ll be deciding between a 11” Bren 2 pistol and an ACR pistol.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#31]
The Bren 805's greatest flaw was omitting design functions from other AR control patterned guns because reasons.  Why add a bolt catch that is not a bolt release?  They had to deliberately engineer that button to NOT function as a bolt release, which made it mechanically more complicated that just being a damn bolt release.  What in the hell was the purpose of that?  That alone kept me off the 805 hype train.  I'm glad the Bren 2 is finally somewhere on the time table for a US civilian market release.  I'm also glad the 7.62 x 39 version doesn't use AK mags.  I know everyone loves magazine compatibility, but the again my biggest beef with AK mags and their guns is no bolt hold open.  The AK has always been ergonomically clunky for me.  The guns shoot just fine, but reloading and clearing malfunctions is a pain if you're used to being able to do it with your weak hand.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top