Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 6:30:37 PM EDT
In my quest to make everything quiet and suppressed, I have been hunting for an inexpensive bolt action or single shot in any pistol caliber.  Can't find anything reasonable priced in 9mm, or that functions well in .45acp.  There are a few options for 357, but H&R is out of business, and I am not sure I want to pay for a 77/357 for the privilege to use those dicked up mags.  

I have been waiting for 6 months for my LGS to get a Rossi lever action...

In the mean time, what is the consensus on these?

Any other avenues to explore?  And don't say Destroyer carbine that needs the extractor replaced LOL  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
b b b bump
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a TC Encore?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe some one makes a single shot in .45 Colt ?
View Quote
Thanks for the reply, I heard a rumor (maybe my imagination ) that Henry was going to release a line of single shots soon?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What about a TC Encore?
View Quote
Thanks for the suggestion.

Those are very nice- and the price reflects it.  Are 9mm and 45acp common chamberings, or will that most likely be a custom barrel?  
If you start with a pistol, you can add a stock and 16" barrel without being a SBR, correct?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
While H&R/NEF is out of business, they pumped out single shot rifles and shotguns for so long that I doubt there will be a shortage. Finding a threaded one will be the issue. I would just search gunbroker and then thread it yourself or go to a few pawn shops in the area that carry firearms and give them your card and ask them to keep their eye out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder if a Lever action has enough barrel out front to be threaded ?
View Quote
The lever actions that load from a gate make great threaded conversions, like Marlin, or the 92's like Winchester, Rossi, or Italian repros.   Unfortunately, the Henry's have a tube, and that is just very cumbersome with a can attached.  It is just cumbersome period.  The only reason I tolerate it with a Marlin 39 is you just load it once, then it shoots all day LOL  

It also looks like all of the Henry single shot rifle chambering's are for larger caliber, unless I just do not know where to look?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While H&R/NEF is out of business, they pumped out single shot rifles and shotguns for so long that I doubt there will be a shortage. Finding a threaded one will be the issue. I would just search gunbroker and then thread it yourself or go to a few pawn shops in the area that carry firearms and give them your card and ask them to keep their eye out.
View Quote
I agree, when I lived back East they were cheap and plentiful.  Now they seem to bring double what I remember, or even more on gunbroker since they went under.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top