Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2017 8:06:32 AM EDT
Hey all,

I've dropped a lot of weight and I need a new belt.  Don't know how long I can keep it off though and since I have diabetes, it could go right back up again.  I need to get a new, or good USED belt.  One that I have found on EBay that seems to be popular is the EMERSON TACTICAL COBRA belt.  It has a different kind of buckle to it that is designed to not come open under stress, so they say.  I'd like to hear from any of you that have this belt or have had it in the past and used it for carry purposes.  What do you think about it?  Would you recommend it to your friends for a carry belt, why or why not?

I am not focused on that belt, in fact I am looking at all kinds of belts that would work for a daily carry belt and would be OK to wear as a casual belt when not carrying.  One of the other belts I am looking at is the Uncle Mikes Instructors Belt and a double thickness belt from Midway USA that's $19.99 plus shipping.  The problem is that since I don't know how long I can keep this weight off, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new, or decent USED, belt.  I'd like to stay under $35-$40.  I know it's not much to work with, but it's what I have available at the moment.  If you have any recommendations for a belt that you think would work for me, please post them.

Any suggestions and help that you can give me would be really appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Nalajr
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a couple of Hank's and another one that is from Cabelas.  Hank's usually has slight blemishes on sale for less. I got one and you can't see a blemish.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a "Bigfoot gunbelt" brand belt.
They have a steel band in between two layers of leather and use a standard belt buckle. You can get brown or black color and look like a normal leather belt if you're not carrying.
Link to the Bigfoot gunbelt site.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Cobra buckles are good to go.

Dsg had a good sale recently. $35 I think
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Chris Osman Designs EDC belt. It only comes in Black though.

I can't believe I missed that $35 Cobra belt sale.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess that sale is no longer going.  That particular belt is almost $60 at that site, or at least the one with that buckle is.  They've got some expensive belts.  I guess they're really good quality though.

I guess I'll have to check DHGate and Alibaba....maybe they have some deals going.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Magpul Tejas
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
While I've woren an ares ranger belt for 5 years,  I've recently switched after losing 50 pounds. The cobra buckle added alot of bulk and thickness where you don't want it. Get a ridged belt but don't get a cobra buckle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While I've woren an ares ranger belt for 5 years,  I've recently switched after losing 50 pounds. The cobra buckle added alot of bulk and thickness where you don't want it. Get a ridged belt but don't get a cobra buckle.
View Quote
I actually think cobra buckles are not very bulky at all. I think my volund g hook atlas belt adds more bulk. And leather belts/normal bulkles way more bulk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top