BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does that RIT dye job hold up on top of the anodizing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It used to be FDE. A packet of RIT dye and 5 minutes in the pot and boom, 2 tone baby
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think he dyed the (polymer) lower. The upper was FDE already.

?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think he dyed the (polymer) lower. The upper was FDE already.

?
View Quote
That makes more sense. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It used to be FDE. A packet of RIT dye and 5 minutes in the pot and boom, 2 tone baby

?
Correct. Sorry for the confusion. The gun was all FDE, pulled the lower and boiled it for 5-8 minutes in a big pot of RIT. Permanently changes the color of the polymer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 2:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With its 12" brother

https://i.imgur.com/NVhQoFE.jpg
That 805 looks awesome!  Was it a FDE model or did you have a black one Cerakoted??

T
Thanks!  It looks kick ass!  Not really digging the all FDE look on the factory gun.....

T
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 3:22:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a black carbine. That was $1,403
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a black carbine. That was $1,403
View Quote
Two days ago I posted the link to Peak Firearms that had it for $1295.

http://www.peakfirearms.com/index.php/cz-usa-805-bren-s1-carbine-5-56-30rd.html
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked mine up tonight. FYI I ordered the large grip from Euro-military.com had it in 3 days with free shipping. Problem is, its the same size that's on the gun. Its marked as the large grip. Could be the gun is shipping with the large grip?
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 2:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think I'll cut my rear sling loop also. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my Bren as it sits right now. Only other thing I may do is add a magnifier and flip to side mount.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/47339/20180129_162514-435201.JPGI
View Quote
Looks great!  What color Cerakote  is the receiver?

T
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Two days ago I posted the link to Peak Firearms that had it for $1295.

http://www.peakfirearms.com/index.php/cz-usa-805-bren-s1-carbine-5-56-30rd.html
View Quote
Dangit!!!!! I missed that!
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Picked mine up tonight. FYI I ordered the large grip from Euro-military.com had it in 3 days with free shipping. Problem is, its the same size that's on the gun. Its marked as the large grip. Could be the gun is shipping with the large grip?
View Quote
I think CZ is shipping them with the large grip now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Got mine today, hot off the truck

Link Posted: 3/14/2018 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think CZ is shipping them with the large grip now.
View Quote
Can someone post a pic comparing the two grip sizes? I don't know which one mine has
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there an adaptor or a way to run the Tailhook Mod 1 on a 805 Bren pistol? I have a CZ Scorpion with the GHW adapter + Tailhook that I love. I also have a 805 Bren S1 carbine and I'm thinking of adding a 805 pistol. Really would like to run a Tailhook brace on it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have an original military stock they want to trade off for a complete ACR conversion? I am thinking about going complete retro.

I would need a complete factory rear head to come with it...my ACR conversion does not require you to use the rear head.

Here is the stock I am interested in:

Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I brought one yesterday.  What do you guys think? Any input would be great from you guys.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I brought one yesterday.  What do you guys think? Any input would be great from you guys.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127394/9-274771_1-484829.JPG
View Quote
This is what I think ... link
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol yes.  I totally agree with you sir.

Quoted:

This is what I think ... link
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I took a spare KAC rail panel and covered the lower rail on my bren, much more comfortable to hold now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know by chance if the factory low Bren sights (Scorpion style) will cowitness with an Trijicon MRO in the factory low mount?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Are Bren 805s still without a bolt release or has someone found a way to add one?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Are Bren 805s still without a bolt release or has someone found a way to add one?
View Quote
Still without.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still without...however I find no real reason to add one...running the charging handle is just fine...I actually prefer it over a bolt release.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Whats the 'best deal' price out there right now on these?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Still without...however I find no real reason to add one...running the charging handle is just fine...I actually prefer it over a bolt release.
View Quote
It's just a silly thing to omit.  It's a standard feature on modern guns and you can always run the action anyways.  Your product is more marketable if it appeals to a wider range of gun users, and surely a bolt release can't be that hard to design in, especially to a gun that has a damn bolt catch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does anyone have an original military stock they want to trade off for a complete ACR conversion? I am thinking about going complete retro.

I would need a complete factory rear head to come with it...my ACR conversion does not require you to use the rear head.

Here is the stock I am interested in:

http://www.euro-military.com/fotky7044/fotos/_vyr_79DSCN5676_800x600.jpg
View Quote
Here you go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks. Ive actually decided to keep the ACR stock setup...invested in a nice red dot with 1/3 mount and magnifier...so...the ACR stays.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Whats the 'best deal' price out there right now on these?
View Quote
The best price I've seen on the black carbine is around $1300.  FDE carbines haven't gone below $1600 from what I can tell.  Seems like both are back around $1600 at the moment given the political situation.  Best bet is watch gun.deals and see if any turn up on the daily deals updates.  Bud's seems to periodically to drop the black ones down to $1300 as well, so if you put them in your watchlist and check it frequently, you might get lucky with them.  If I can get a FDE at $1300, I'd buy one in a heartbeat to go with the black.

I don't track the pistol prices as closely, but $1200 seems to be the floor.  The early ones with the 14mm muzzle threads got blown out last year and depressed the market for a while.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is a no-frills, innovative and cost effective way to have a long gun light on your BREN.

Parts used:

Streamlight HL-X Long Gun Light Kit
Magpul Rail Light Mount (I used the right hand variant for a proper left side cantilever mounting...I am a lefty...if you are a righty...you need the left side mount to cantilever on the right)

Total investment $130 bucks.

I went with the Streamlight due to great reviews online, great power, great range...and its lightweight...it is NOT as tanky as a Surefire...but mounting it on the Magpul's polymer light mount should provide extra protection against hard surfaces if dropped.

You do have to flip your front sight around for an extra 1.5" of rail room for the pressure switch...I actually find it more useful to have the front sight this way as I can purchase the front slight better for deployment.

The magpul light mount screws are smooth...since the BREN has deep rail cuts...you can route the pressure switch wire underneath the mount...I then ziptied the extra wire to the flash light body.

In case you need to switch out batteries...the zip tie is easily removed for access.

Magpul's mount has a slight inward angle so the light lines up perfectly center with your barrel...the way it is mounted...the flashlight is also somewhat more protected from snap points, gas and other elements.

Minimal snag points and works just like how I imagined it in my head. I am happy with this setup.

Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here is a no-frills, innovative and cost effective way to have a long gun light on your BREN.

Parts used:

Streamlight HL-X Long Gun Light Kit
Magpul Rail Light Mount (I used the right hand variant for a proper left side cantilever mounting...I am a lefty...if you are a righty...you need the left side mount to cantilever on the right)

Total investment $130 bucks.

I went with the Streamlight due to great reviews online, great power, great range...and its lightweight...it is NOT as tanky as a Surefire...but mounting it on the Magpul's polymer light mount should provide extra protection against hard surfaces if dropped.

You do have to flip your front sight around for an extra 1.5" of rail room for the pressure switch...I actually find it more useful to have the front sight this way as I can purchase the front slight better for deployment.

The magpul light mount screws are smooth...since the BREN has deep rail cuts...you can route the pressure switch wire underneath the mount...I then ziptied the extra wire to the flash light body.

In case you need to switch out batteries...the zip tie is easily removed for access.

Magpul's mount has a slight inward angle so the light lines up perfectly center with your barrel...the way it is mounted...the flashlight is also somewhat more protected from snap points, gas and other elements.

Minimal snag points and works just like how I imagined it in my head. I am happy with this setup.

https://i.imgur.com/DlSmasF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qnKjNjX.jpg
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the help and the reply
Quoted:

@thehun06

We may have a spare rear head or two laying around, shoot me a PM.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Looking at getting a Bren pistol to SBR.

What is the most current model number? I have seen several model numbers. Is the 805 S1 any different than a 805? (One in the same...?)
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The best price I've seen on the black carbine is around $1300.  FDE carbines haven't gone below $1600 from what I can tell.  Seems like both are back around $1600 at the moment given the political situation.  Best bet is watch gun.deals and see if any turn up on the daily deals updates.  Bud's seems to periodically to drop the black ones down to $1300 as well, so if you put them in your watchlist and check it frequently, you might get lucky with them.  If I can get a FDE at $1300, I'd buy one in a heartbeat to go with the black.

I don't track the pistol prices as closely, but $1200 seems to be the floor.  The early ones with the 14mm muzzle threads got blown out last year and depressed the market for a while.
View Quote
I got my FDE for $1350 last year off GB. Searching right now, theres a vendor with a bunch on there for $1400 and one new for $1275 as well.

Funny thing is I actually wanted black when I was looking for mine, but have grown to really like the FDE.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Do I have to add 922r compliance parts to a 805 Pistol if I add a SB Tactical brace?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:16:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Do I have to add 922r compliance parts to a 805 Pistol if I add a SB Tactical brace?
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 4:15:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone with the carbine (16") version noticed any vertical stringing once the barrel heats up?  For me, using XM193 and starting with a cold barrel, it shoots .5" groups at 50 yards which is on par with my AR's and what I expect out of the 805.  But once the barrel heats up it starts to string vertically - up to 1.25"-1.5" (still at 50 yards).

I mean, that makes it a 2.5 - 3 MOA rifle at 100 yards so it's "within mil spec".  But... It's the only thing that bugs me about my 805 (I love everything else about it).

I've scoured the interwebs and can't find ANY... not even ONE mention... of the 805 having any vertical stringing or any accuracy issues when the barrel heats up.  So I was just curious of anyone here is experiencing this... or if I'm the only one.

OR... is this type of thing expected with pencil barrels?  And am I just spoiled by my AR's all with heavy profile barrels (that have no POI shift cold or hot)?  I've never owned a rifle with a pencil barrel before the 805.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#37]
No, I hadn't noticed that, but I'll check closer next time I get it out to the firing line.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone know by chance if the factory low Bren sights (Scorpion style) will cowitness with an Trijicon MRO in the factory low mount?
View Quote
How low is the MRO low mount? I have a primary arms micro dot on mine in their low mount and it is lower 1/3. Just looking at that next to my MRO it would be close, but taller than the micro. So maybe? I bet someone in the scorpion thread would know for sure.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How low is the MRO low mount? I have a primary arms micro dot on mine in their low mount and it is lower 1/3. Just looking at that next to my MRO it would be close, but taller than the micro. So maybe? I bet someone in the scorpion thread would know for sure.
View Quote
It will co-witness with scorpion evo sights, if that helps.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Any reason to not buy Cali 10rd model other than a pinned mag?
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey guys.  Do any of you guys run steel case in their CZ?
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:30:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I did when I got it, Wolf, and I didn't get the accuracy I wanted.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Has anyone with the carbine (16") version noticed any vertical stringing once the barrel heats up?  For me, using XM193 and starting with a cold barrel, it shoots .5" groups at 50 yards which is on par with my AR's and what I expect out of the 805.  But once the barrel heats up it starts to string vertically - up to 1.25"-1.5" (still at 50 yards).

I mean, that makes it a 2.5 - 3 MOA rifle at 100 yards so it's "within mil spec".  But... It's the only thing that bugs me about my 805 (I love everything else about it).

I've scoured the interwebs and can't find ANY... not even ONE mention... of the 805 having any vertical stringing or any accuracy issues when the barrel heats up.  So I was just curious of anyone here is experiencing this... or if I'm the only one.

OR... is this type of thing expected with pencil barrels?  And am I just spoiled by my AR's all with heavy profile barrels (that have no POI shift cold or hot)?  I've never owned a rifle with a pencil barrel before the 805.

Thanks in advance!
View Quote
@hanwei

Yes I noticed this at my first range session with it. The hotter it got, the more the groups spread. Started out with a golfball group at 50y, ended up with closer to a softball sized one.

Disappointing. Was hoping this would be my "one go to rifle" but I'm thinking at this rate that won't be the case
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No, I hadn't noticed that, but I'll check closer next time I get it out to the firing line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cool - definitely report back and let us know!

Quoted:
@hanwei

Yes I noticed this at my first range session with it. The hotter it got, the more the groups spread. Started out with a golfball group at 50y, ended up with closer to a softball sized one.

Disappointing. Was hoping this would be my "one go to rifle" but I'm thinking at this rate that won't be the case
Finally!  I was beginning to think I was alone on the internet

Okay, I guess I'll just chalk it up to it being par for the course when you've got a pencil barrel.  And I agree - it's a little disappointing.  Now I wonder if one would see the same issue with the shorter barrelled pistol versions (since they're still pencil barrels).  Or if it's much less pronounced, or non-existant due to the shorter length.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Cool - definitely report back and let us know!

Finally!  I was beginning to think I was alone on the internet

Okay, I guess I'll just chalk it up to it being par for the course when you've got a pencil barrel.  And I agree - it's a little disappointing.  Now I wonder if one would see the same issue with the shorter barrelled pistol versions (since they're still pencil barrels).  Or if it's much less pronounced, or non-existant due to the shorter length.
View Quote
Mine is the pistol version

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Mine is the pistol version
View Quote
Guess that answers that question!  Sweet blasters by the way.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks in advance!
View Quote
I think you asked this question on the CZ forum as well...maybe...anyway...yes all pencil type barrels will string a bit....4 MOA accuracy I believe is the spec from the military...

Link to IraqVeteran8888 Video where he stretches out the BREN...seemed to do just fine...even with the slight stringing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone heard of another acr stock adaptor set being made from lucky irishman?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#49]
They are solid. I run a Mississippi Arms adapter (which is now discontinued) and I like it as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone with a Zhukov stock?

I bugged Lucky Irishman earlier this week.  He said I was person 1 in line for the next build...
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top