Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hows the accuracy on these guns?
View Quote
More accurate than me is all I have to say.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Fucking with my one at NRA today.  Seems like a decent rifle but the safety selector position was rather shitty.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pics of our new Knurled Charging Handle, BRen Safeties, M-Lok Lower Forend, and SB Twctical Arm Brace are up on our Facebook page. Will repost here when we get back from NRA2017
View Quote
That folding brace looks downright fucking badass.

The M-Lok forend looks pretty sweet, too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I am debating between having my 16" barrel cut to 14" or buying a factory barrel assembly (http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/370223006501_805-Barrel-14-With-Muzzle-Break), for a pin and weld with a Dead Air flash-hider.   If I buy a factory assembly 14X1 hiders are available from Dead Air, and I would sell the factory 16" barrel to offset cost.

Anyway, the factory 14" assembly appears to be nothing more than a 16" that they cut and re-threaded.  I say that because it has no shoulder and used a jam nut to lock the muzzle device, whereas the the 16" has a shoulder.  So if the 14" barrels aren't just a cut-down 16" why no shoulder?  Can anyone provide accurate info on this?

I might lean towards just cutting my 16" if that's all the 14" is.  Any thoughts on what would be the best approach?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am debating between having my 16" barrel cut to 14" or buying a factory barrel assembly (http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/370223006501_805-Barrel-14-With-Muzzle-Break), for a pin and weld with a Dead Air flash-hider.   If I buy a factory assembly 14X1 hiders are available from Dead Air, and I would sell the factory 16" barrel to offset cost.

Anyway, the factory 14" assembly appears to be nothing more than a 16" that they cut and re-threaded.  I say that because it has no shoulder and used a jam nut to lock the muzzle device, whereas the the 16" has a shoulder.  So if the 14" barrels aren't just a cut-down 16" why no shoulder?  Can anyone provide accurate info on this?

I might lean towards just cutting my 16" if that's all the 14" is.  Any thoughts on what would be the best approach?
View Quote
I would find that very odd given the military adopted version has the 14" barrel.  The 16" length is only for US markets given our laws.  I believe the original military weapons had the jam nut.  I don't think they are cut down barrels.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
The military barrels use the jam nut and flash hider, maybe military overrun?
The barrel crown is 14.3" to the bolt face and 15.3" to the front of flash hider.

The  Bren A1 is the 14" barrel, not sure what this stamp is but kinda looks like A with a 1 inside it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Other side stamped A1 and 5.56x45
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I still have no idea why there arent more of these threads.

Or why there arent more of these on the street. Its an amazing rifle and SO much better than the beretta. Way more accurate too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The military barrels use the jam nut and flash hider, maybe military overrun?
The barrel crown is 14.3" to the bolt face and 15.3" to the front of flash hider.

http://i.imgur.com/nTkbPpX.jpg

The  Bren A1 is the 14" barrel, not sure what this stamp is but kinda looks like A with a 1 inside it.
View Quote
So, in your opinion, what would be the best move.  Cut the original, or get the 14" assembly?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the pistol and want to put a stock on it, so my option was the 14" and dead air armament flash hider(2.7") to get over 16". If I already had a carbine, I would pull barrel assembly out and send it to get threaded in 1/2x28 @ 14.7" and use any flash hider or brake I wanted.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have the pistol and want to put a stock on it, so my option was the 14" and dead air armament flash hider(2.7") to get over 16". If I already had a carbine, I would pull barrel assembly out and send it to get threaded in 1/2x28 @ 14.7" and use any flash hider or brake I wanted.
View Quote
Using a Dead Air flash-hider is what I'll install regardless of thread pitch, since that's the suppressor mounting system I'm using.  It's just convenient that they make one in 14X1.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So, in your opinion, what would be the best move.  Cut the original, or get the 14" assembly?
View Quote
Related to this, how much effort is involved in swapping barrels?  I'm waiting on the stamp to come back on my 805, but if I can add a 14" barrel to the mix or a .300 blackout barrel as well for not much effort, I'd be super happy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Related to this, how much effort is involved in swapping barrels?  I'm waiting on the stamp to come back on my 805, but if I can add a 14" barrel to the mix or a .300 blackout barrel as well for not much effort, I'd be super happy.
View Quote
It's an easy process, but it is in no way a quick change setup like the ARX.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Or why there arent more of these on the street. Its an amazing rifle and SO much better than the beretta. Way more accurate too.
View Quote
It seems people are buying them en mass then hiding them. There are a few people bragging about having one but prices have yet to come down even to suggested retail levels yet.

The pistol versions however, I can find those for as little as $1,200 here and there on the used market.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It seems people are buying them en mass then hiding them. There are a few people bragging about having one but prices have yet to come down even to suggested retail levels yet.

The pistol versions however, I can find those for as little as $1,200 here and there on the used market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could find the pistol around here for that cheap. 
My 805 was purchased as a carbine and SBR'd to 14", and now I really want to do an 11" version from a pistol, but all the shops around here are MSRP.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~3 minutes for the Bren/SCAR with nothing but a small pre-set torque wrench, VS ~30 seconds without tools on the ARX100

ARX is very fast and easy, not to mention tool-free.

But the Bren/SCAR setup is very simple, easy to work on, and only requires a torque wrench. The small pre-set ones aren't expensive, $30 to $80, depending on what you get. Brownells has the Borka sets, which are surprisingly nice for the money. Barrel bolt sequence is from muzzle to breech, left to right, then onto the next pair. Can't remember if the Bren's barrel bolts are 62 inch pounds like the SCAR, or if they're 70 inch pounds. Should be in the manual, or someone here will chime in to correct me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I bought mine off of Gunbroker a few weeks ago.  Got a brand new FDE 2016 model (the one with the 1/2x28 muzzle thread pitch) for $1299.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#19]
paid 1200 cash for my pistol new in box last year from a guy.

Favorte gun.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I have the Bren 805 rifle and I'm planning on "back dating" it.  I've already bought the mag well and several CZ factory 30rd mags, as well as some Pmag G36 magazines to go with this project.  I've also bought an original CZ made "military issue" flash suppressor to swap out with the one that came with the rifle.

I believe that the current factory barrel is about 16.25", but I'm looking for a place that cut can cut down this barrel to either 14.25" to 14.50"  AND weld/pin-on the Czech military flash suppressor to make the overall barrel length to 16.12"/16.13" long... From the bolt's face to the very tip-end of the pinned flash suppressor... I know that many will go with either 1/4" or slightly more on the overall length of the barrel, but I want no more than 1/8" as a buffer on a 16" barrel.

With that said, does anybody know of a professional/skilled gunsmith that specializes with the CZ Bren 805 projects?  

Also, I hope, down the road, that they or a quality manufacturer will offer a trigger pack that will allow the installation of MagPul AR/M4 pistol grips...  I guess I can dream!!

Thanks for looking!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm confused with the bren 805 feed system. I always thought they used stanag mags but seeing some earlier guns use a proprietary mag? Or is this just a g36 mag? Were some of the bren pistols imported into the us with the older mag system or were all stanag? Are all the military fa ones stanag or did they use the other mag? Is the older non stanag type rare?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm confused with the bren 805 feed system. I always thought they used stanag mags but seeing some earlier guns use a proprietary mag? Or is this just a g36 mag? Were some of the bren pistols imported into the us with the older mag system or were all stanag? Are all the military fa ones stanag or did they use the other mag? Is the older non stanag type rare?
View Quote
The 805 as developed for the Czech mil uses their flavor of the G36 mag, a translucent blue-ish 30 round mag.  I think the 806 uses stanag only. 807 has a proprietary 7.62x39 mag with a drop in conversion to stanag.

The pistols and carbines imported here in the US have always used the Stanag mag well.  At some point last year, CZ USA started carrying the Czech/G36 mag well as the retro package and included 5 original Czech mags. You only have to drive out the pin retaining the stanag well to swap them.

As many have discovered, the Magpul G36 mags fit the mag well, though the bolt hold open arm is too short to activate on the Magpul mags.  Swapping the arm for one out of stanag well and dremeling it down a bit makes it just right.

I've been meaning to get a true HK G36 mag to see how compatible it is, but they're expensive for what they are. It is a selling point in Europe given how common the G36 is there though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have the Bren 805 rifle and I'm planning on "back dating" it.  I've already bought the mag well and several CZ factory 30rd mags, as well as some Pmag G36 magazines to go with this project.  I've also bought an original CZ made "military issue" flash suppressor to swap out with the one that came with the rifle.

I believe that the current factory barrel is about 16.25", but I'm looking for a place that cut can cut down this barrel to either 14.25" to 14.50"  AND weld/pin-on the Czech military flash suppressor to make the overall barrel length to 16.12"/16.13" long... From the bolt's face to the very tip-end of the pinned flash suppressor... I know that many will go with either 1/4" or slightly more on the overall length of the barrel, but I want no more than 1/8" as a buffer on a 16" barrel.

With that said, does anybody know of a professional/skilled gunsmith that specializes with the CZ Bren 805 projects?  

Also, I hope, down the road, that they or a quality manufacturer will offer a trigger pack that will allow the installation of MagPul AR/M4 pistol grips...  I guess I can dream!!

Thanks for looking!!
View Quote
Morgan Richey at class3 maching can cut it down. Dunno if he can pin/weld it 

And you can make a magpul MIAD grip fit the trigger housing. 

And the retro mag kits are awesome. 

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Very nice setup. As for accuracy, I am experimenting with some 80 grain bullets that are showing great promise, as in clover leafs at 80 yards, even set at 2.26 for use in the magazine, so hoping to get really good long range thumping.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there a SB Tactical folding brace for the Bren? I didn't see it on their website, but I *think* I remember seeing one online somewhere (can't remember where).
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is there a SB Tactical folding brace for the Bren? I didn't see it on their website, but I *think* I remember seeing one online somewhere (can't remember where).
View Quote
Never seen a folding brace specifically for the Bren. Saw someone tack on a Law Tactical folding buffer tube adapter once, looked like hammered dogshit.

I don't really see the point to a folding mechanism. Plus the fixed tube/brace should get the bren's OAL over 26" for use with a foregrip.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is my setup

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Shot a real 805, it was awesome.  So flat shooting in full and burst.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Its next on the list once I pickup a new Shield in 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Too bad no one came out with a AR style bolt release lever to change out the factory release.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#31]
I got to handle the 805 at the NRA annual meeting and I was very impressed.  It's nice.  I think I'll start saving my pennies for an 806/Bren 2.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Too bad no one came out with a AR style bolt release lever to change out the factory release.
View Quote
The receiver isn't cut for for anything like an AR style bolt release.  I don't see any drop in device working.  Likely need mods to the aluminum receiver.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#33]
The bolt stop is part of the magazine well module, which is removable to swap between the AR15/M16 flavor and retro G36.

There's no "easy" drop in, but I believe you could redesign the mag well module to incorporate a bolt release.  In my head I'm envisioning push down for stop, push forward for release, or an external wart that would operate similar to an AR.  However, you're talking a new polymer mag well with the new mechanical bits.  It'd be prohibitively expensive.  No one is going to buy a $300 module to add a bolt release to a $1700 rifle when the 806 will eventually include a fix.

Then again, people spend $300 on a trigger for a $2700 SCAR, or the same for a Tavor trigger.  So I guess some folks would buy it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The bolt stop is part of the magazine well module, which is removable to swap between the AR15/M16 flavor and retro G36.

There's no "easy" drop in, but I believe you could redesign the mag well module to incorporate a bolt release.  In my head I'm envisioning push down for stop, push forward for release, or an external wart that would operate similar to an AR.  However, you're talking a new polymer mag well with the new mechanical bits.  It'd be prohibitively expensive.  No one is going to buy a $300 module to add a bolt release to a $1700 rifle when the 806 will eventually include a fix.

Then again, people spend $300 on a trigger for a $2700 SCAR, or the same for a Tavor trigger.  So I guess some folks would buy it.
View Quote
Whole lot of hot air over nothing, if you ask me.

Charging handle is right there, directly above the magwell, providing a nice visual cue that your mag is empty, and it takes hardly any more time/effort to twitch the charging handle back enough to get the bolt free. Frankly, with a bit of familiarization, yanking that back seems like it would be faster and more instinctive than hitting the much smaller AR15-style bolt catch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Whole lot of hot air over nothing, if you ask me.

Charging handle is right there, directly above the magwell, providing a nice visual cue that your mag is empty, and it takes hardly any more time/effort to twitch the charging handle back enough to get the bolt free. Frankly, with a bit of familiarization, yanking that back seems like it would be faster and more instinctive than hitting the much smaller AR15-style bolt catch.
View Quote
Oh, I agree.  I've been shooting AKs for so long that it's a non-issue.  That the charging handle is right there is a huge upgrade over nothing.  I was just brainstorming the problem since it seems to annoy so many people.

Finally found one of my own too!

My immediate non-shooting thoughts...

After deriding it as "heavy" after first handling one last year, it really isn't that bad.  It's stout, but doesn't feel worse than some of my other things.  Ergos over all pretty good, points and handles well.  The trigger is really nice.  After so many of these Gucci Guns coming from the factory with utterly shit triggers, CZ really did a good job on this one.  Clean takeup, breaks nicely, just light enough for a fighting rifle.  IWI, FN, Bushmaster, and Beretta could all learn something from CZ on this one.  I shouldn't have to spend $100-$300 on a new trigger for an expensive rifle.  Didn't realize the factory flip-ups had night sights, that was a nice bonus.  Overall, a very nice package from CZ.

Swapped it to the Czech config as soon as I got it home.  I think I like the Magpul G36 mags more than the Czech ones as the lock in and drop out easier.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hows the accuracy on these guns?
View Quote
Here is one thing that might help. Compared to 95% of Internet Commandos I can't shoot straight to say my life, but if seeing what one fat old bad shooter can do with the BREN, imagine what a real marskman could do! Honestly, it is a very accurate easy shooting rifle - the excellent trigger helps a lot keeping it on target.

https://youtu.be/s2q16GyBOuI
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Just won a CZ Bren Carbine for $1349 on gunbroker! That's the cheapest I've seen a carbine go for. It's an FDE one and I kinda just wanted a black one, but I think I'll come to like the FDE. Now I need to find a deal on an acog for it
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just won a CZ Bren Carbine for $1349 on gunbroker! That's the cheapest I've seen a carbine go for. It's an FDE one and I kinda just wanted a black one, but I think I'll come to like the FDE. Now I need to find a deal on an acog for it
View Quote
Congratulations
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Three questions:

1.) what does this do that my 12.5 and 14.5 AR SBR's won't do.

2.) Is this better than a SCAR 16

3.) anyone find a pin / weld company yet? I assume you can just pull the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#40]
For anyone on the fence, found the carbine for 1499.99 on Iammo. Cheapest I've seen the rifle so the ARX will just have to have wait. My SCAR is gonna have a brother now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Three questions:

1.) what does this do that my 12.5 and 14.5 AR SBR's won't do.

2.) Is this better than a SCAR 16

3.) anyone find a pin / weld company yet? I assume you can just pull the barrel.
View Quote
1) Modern side-charging piston gun with monolithic upper receiver that is issued by a reputable military. Basically, it's a good gun that isn't an AR15, and allows one to use USGI or G36 pattern mags.

2) The action is much smoother, like "BCG rides on ball bearings" smooth. The trigger is better, the stock assembly is better, it can be had from the factory as a "pistol," and it's $1,000 less.

3) I figure ADCO can do a pin/weld job on it. The barrel installs the same way the SCAR's does.

ETA: @Finslayer83
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
For anyone on the fence, found the carbine for 1499.99 on Iammo. Cheapest I've seen the rifle so the ARX will just have to have wait. My SCAR is gonna have a brother now.
View Quote
See my post above
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

See my post above
View Quote
I think I saw those 2 on Gunbroker the night before but when I went back the next morning they were gone. Glad you got it!
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whats lammo.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Any good deals on the Pistols around? I think I want one of these....
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Whats lammo.
View Quote
iammo.com, sorry.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw a couple go for less than $1100 lightly used on gunbroker about a month ago. I would wait for a used deal to come up. They were 2015 models
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I saw a couple go for less than $1100 lightly used on gunbroker about a month ago. I would wait for a used deal to come up. They were 2015 models
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They went so cheap because of the wonky thread pattern I predict.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah but 14x1 lh isn't that bad of a threading. It's what ak's use after all so there are a lot of muzzle devices for that pitch. The wonky shoulder is kind of annoying, but people have figured out ways around it. A used 2015 model is a good option if you're trying to save some $ and aren't concerned with changing the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah but 14x1 lh isn't that bad of a threading. It's what ak's use after all so there are a lot of muzzle devices for that pitch. The wonky shoulder is kind of annoying, but people have figured out ways around it. A used 2015 model is a good option if you're trying to save some $ and aren't concerned with changing the muzzle device.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

14x1 doesn't bother me at all. I'll be looking.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top