Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2015 9:54:50 PM EDT
I am looking for a vertical wall mount for a single AR/shotgun.

I would like it to:
1) securely lock an AR or shotgun in place
2) be mounted vertically
3) unlock via an electronic keypad, RFID,  ect. (not required I guess)
4) be adjustable/modular to fit multiple types of firearms along with their accessories

I found this one made by a company called Santa Cruz: http://santacruzgunlocks.com/products/model-sc-920-ar-universal-rail-large-lock-gun-rack/  It seems almost perfect, however, I do not really understand how the lock works.  It seems like it is powered, but I have no idea how you open it electronically.  You can obviously open it with the backup key.  I cannot find many places to buy their stuff either.

I also found this company: http://www.covered6.com/rtd-racks ..I wish I could just buy the keypad and add it to the setup I linked from Santa Cruz.

Let me know if you guys have any other solutions or companies to look at.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure of its intended use but a wall mount is what I wouldn't call secure unless you were always present with it. Sometimes you can simply pop the take down pins and remove them in two pieces, sometimes just rip the whole thing off the wall and play with the locking mechanism at your leisure. I did take the time to look up your selection thus far and it looks like the mounting bolts are exposed. Even if it were lagged into concrete, get the bolts out far enough and cut the heads off. A simple ratchet and short socket may be able to remove it. Building something say a piece of furniture or maybe a wall panel maybe a better option but again, I may be speaking out of turn.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
ShotLock

AR model also

Both do have some limitations fitting certain add on's to the firearm.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-G3-HK91-WALL-MOUNT-p2138.htm

Its made for a HK G3 but you're handy you might be able to do something with it if the others don't do what you want.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure of its intended use but a wall mount is what I wouldn't call secure unless you were always present with it. Sometimes you can simply pop the take down pins and remove them in two pieces, sometimes just rip the whole thing off the wall and play with the locking mechanism at your leisure. I did take the time to look up your selection thus far and it looks like the mounting bolts are exposed. Even if it were lagged into concrete, get the bolts out far enough and cut the heads off. A simple ratchet and short socket may be able to remove it. Building something say a piece of furniture or maybe a wall panel maybe a better option but again, I may be speaking out of turn.
View Quote

Secure probably wasn't the best word to use.  This setup would be used in say a bedroom or closet for quick access to a single firearm.  It is "secure" in the sense that it will not fall off the wall and is not just hanging or lying around where anyone can pick it up.  It is not long term storage like a safe, which would have a much better chance to protect weapons in case of a burglary.

----------

@cybersniper
I came across those shotlocks before, I just passed them by because of the lack of customization

@hodgescl
I don't think I would buy that and try to mess with it, but it is a good starting point if I wanted to make my own
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Secure probably wasn't the best word to use.  This setup would be used in say a bedroom or closet for quick access to a single firearm.  It is "secure" in the sense that it will not fall off the wall and is not just hanging or lying around where anyone can pick it up.  It is not long term storage like a safe, which would have a much better chance to protect weapons in case of a burglary.

----------

@cybersniper
I came across those shotlocks before, I just passed them by because of the lack of customization

@hodgescl
I don't think I would buy that and try to mess with it, but it is a good starting point if I wanted to make my own
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

----------

@cybersniper

@hodgescl

since you don't need to lock it it may work as is depending on your handguard/accessory choices.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Not really knowing crap about electronics but having bought several vertical patrol rifle mounts, i believe the Santa Cruz mounts come w open 12 volt leads.  The ones we get, for LE vehicles, have either a remote button switch or get wired into our siren controller box.  I think you could use whatever sneaky switch you wanted to with the correct power supply.  Hell you might be able to rig up a Clapper!

There's usually a back up key option.  We go with the barrel key vs the standard handcuff key.  

Also, i didn't look but make sure the lock you pick has the handcuff style ratchet closure as its way more versatile than the others out there.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2015 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#7]
http://redneckriflehangers.com/product/redneck-rifle-hanger-ar-15-gun-rack/

Completely unsecure... but hung in your closet, maybe with a trigger lock....

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Is there anything like this but for uppers? I'd like to hang some in the closet by the rear pin hole.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't know if it would fit your needs, but Home Depot and lowes have lockable wall lockers that mount between the studs in a wall.
Top Top