BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

I'll be somewhat disappointed if the ARX that I've been testing only does good with expensive match ammo... I really can't afford to go that route, I much rather stock M193. I have about 6000 rounds of M855 though, so I was really hoping it would be at least decent with it.
View Quote
M193 varies greatly in terms of quality. Try different brands, and try 223 as well. Most have good luck with PMC in these things, I found Wolf Gold to be okay, and it really likes any load with the Hornady 55gr FMJBT bullet. Stay away from the frontier 5.56 M193 though, there are enough lots with pressure issues that I would not risk it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:
M193 varies greatly in terms of quality. Try different brands, and try 223 as well. Most have good luck with PMC in these things, I found Wolf Gold to be okay, and it really likes any load with the Hornady 55gr FMJBT bullet. Stay away from the frontier 5.56 M193 though, there are enough lots with pressure issues that I would not risk it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

I'll be somewhat disappointed if the ARX that I've been testing only does good with expensive match ammo... I really can't afford to go that route, I much rather stock M193. I have about 6000 rounds of M855 though, so I was really hoping it would be at least decent with it.
I'd probably go for IMI, I've always stuck with them for M193 and M855... I used to only shoot IMI M193 before I switched to IMI M855, which is a move I made because that's what most ACOGs are calibrated for.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t used IMI in the ARX, but I haven’t been happy with the IMI razorcore 77gr.  The black hills load and legit mk.262 mod.0 are substantially better.  But then again, sample size of 1 and all and I may have just got a wonky lot which does happen from time to time even with big manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the ones from RobertRTG and they are better suited to the high rail on the ARX.  Regular AR height sights are pretty high, but work OK.

The factory sights seem better suited to a "no witness" sight picture with a red dot - using a lower RDS that is below the sight plane when the sights are up and usable when they are folded.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 5ardaukar:
I haven’t used IMI in the ARX, but I haven’t been happy with the IMI razorcore 77gr.  The black hills load and legit mk.262 mod.0 are substantially better.  But then again, sample size of 1 and all and I may have just got a wonky lot which does happen from time to time even with big manufacturers.
View Quote
That's why I got the Black Hills 77gr. for my future ARX accuracy testing, I've heard inconsistent things about the IMI 77gr. Razorcore stuff. On the other hand, Molon's M193 and M855 accuracy testing showed that the IMI was the most accurate of all the M193 and M855 loads that he tested... Also, the IMI M855 beat out the IMI M193 for accuracy in his testing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Uys:
I use the ones from RobertRTG and they are better suited to the high rail on the ARX.  Regular AR height sights are pretty high, but work OK.

The factory sights seem better suited to a "no witness" sight picture with a red dot - using a lower RDS that is below the sight plane when the sights are up and usable when they are folded.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone try Magpul Pro BUS?  Just got a set to put on my SBR.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
Anyone try Magpul Pro BUS?  Just got a set to put on my SBR.
View Quote
I did... The front sight would fold about half way down while shooting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Just get the LPA MAS series sights.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Seriously the factory buis work just fine...they are for back up after all...
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:29:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Troy micros on mine
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Seriously the factory buis work just fine...they are for back up after all...
View Quote
No BUIS are provided on the factory SBR.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh suck...KRISS USA has their Defiance low pro sights on sale right now...I run a set on my POF AR10...great set...lowest profile sight...$45 bucks shipped....if you wait a couple of hours for KRISS to send you a free shipping code if you don't checkout
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Just get the LPA MAS series sights.
View Quote
I have them on mine and like them alot
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Any on your know why both of my extractor/ejector assemblies would bend inward and in turn cause the gun to start to burst fire?  This is an SBR with factory 10” barrel, AAC Ranger suppressor and Shooting Sight trigger.

I have ordered new extractor/ejector assemblies but really don’t want to install them just to bend them again. I’m guessing it’s off to Beretta for a look but if one of you know something I should be looking at before going to the UPS store I’m all ears.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#16]
Are the extractor/ejectors working as needed? Extracting and ejecting?
I am trying to visualize how they'd effect firing a round or rounds instead of the hammer, firing pin, trigger, etc on the ARX trigger group.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#17]
Are the extractor/ejectors working as needed? Extracting and ejecting?
I am trying to visualize how they'd effect firing a round or rounds instead of the hammer, firing pin, trigger, etc on the ARX trigger group.
View Quote
Yeah, I've never heard of this before... Very odd.

Pictures might be interesting to see.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:00:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#18]
As they are dual purpose, the extractor/ejector unit (x2), if they could somehow perform the same function at the same time then it'd be a different set of problems?
They'd both extract at the same time, so the fired round would extract and not eject or they'd both eject at the same time, not extracting the fired round at all?
Don't know if something could muck up the ejection direction selector plate and do that, but that's not what he's describing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:09:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#19]
This is also where easily giving in to peer pressure and buying another ARX would make it handy to troubleshoot.
I'd have to look at my bolt to see if the ext/ejectors could bend in enough to push forward on the tail of the firing pin? From memory, I'd think they would have to bend inward at almost 90 degrees to do that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:57:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#20]
This is also where easily giving in to peer pressure and buying another ARX would make it handy to troubleshoot.
I'd have to look at my bolt to see if the ext/ejectors could bend in enough to push forward on the tail of the firing pin? From memory, I'd think they would have to bend inward at almost 90 degrees to do that.
View Quote
As far as I can tell it's not possible, something has to be severely messed up for what has been described to be happening

Oh and the dual extractors/ejectors both act as extractors at the same time always, which is one of the great things about the ARX. The only thing that is switchable is which one becomes the ejector.

To me it kind of sounds like something got messed up on the Shooting Sight trigger installation, but as to why he suspects that it's the extractors/ejectors I have no idea... Though he must be seeing something that leads him to think that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#21]

As far as I can tell it's not possible, something has to be severely messed up for what has been described to be happening

Oh and the dual extractors/ejectors both act as extractors at the same time always, which is one of the great things about the ARX. The only thing that is switchable is which one becomes the ejector.

To me it kind of sounds like something got messed up on the Shooting Sight trigger installation, but as to why he suspects that it's the extractors/ejectors I have no idea... Though he must be seeing something that leads him to think that.
View Quote
Gotcha, so the tail of the ext/ejector that impacts the rear plate is acting as the ejector when its travel is abruptly stopped.  The tail that passes through the hole in the plate just acts like it always does, as an extractor?   I see now as the ext/ejector units both always keep tension pulling from the face of the bolt rearward until one of them is stopped.  I wish I could think of stuff like that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Gotcha, so the tail of the ext/ejector that impacts the rear plate is acting as the ejector when its travel is abruptly stopped.  The tail that passes through the hole in the plate just acts like it always does, as an extractor?   I see now as the ext/ejector units both always keep tension pulling from the face of the bolt rearward until one of them is stopped.  I wish I could think of stuff like that.
View Quote
Yep, exactly. And I agree, the thought and engineering that went into the ARX's unique features is pretty cool... Some of it is so simple that you wonder how it hasn't ever been done before.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Yep, exactly. And I agree, the thought and engineering that went into the ARX's unique features is pretty cool... Some of it is so simple that you wonder how it hasn't ever been done before.
View Quote
Honestly, I have an inordinate love for the bottom magrelease/ bho along with the stock BHO & mag release. I can understand the regular mag release might be in a bad spot for some hands, so it and the safety should be more AR-15-located, but overall the design is just very neat and should be copied. Ease of disassembly is also a great feature.

The quick detach barrel and folding/ telescoping stocks are some of those "gotta have" features that I really don't care a lot about though.

I do like the ambi nature, and it's a great feature, but the downside of having a giant ejection port for debris facing the shooter is related to that, so eh.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 3:50:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#24]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:

Honestly, I have an inordinate love for the bottom magrelease/ bho along with the stock BHO & mag release. I can understand the regular mag release might be in a bad spot for some hands, so it and the safety should be more AR-15-located, but overall the design is just very neat and should be copied. Ease of disassembly is also a great feature.

The quick detach barrel and folding/ telescoping stocks are some of those "gotta have" features that I really don't care a lot about though.

I do like the ambi nature, and it's a great feature, but the downside of having a giant ejection port for debris facing the shooter is related to that, so eh.
View Quote
The two biggest reasons that I like this rifle are the quick change barrel and the quick change ejection direction. Even though they may not be features that are used very often, I just think the way that they managed to do it is pretty neat.

Mag catch/release position seems fine to me, and I love the location of the bolt catch/release. I also prefer the safety location to that of an AR for ambidextrous use, because on an AR one of the levers is always kinda in the way of my firing hand... I don't have this issue with the ARX due to it's location.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#25]
What are your all’s sling setups?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry guys, fresh snow today so the powder called.

I can get some pictures up soon. The extractor/ejectors aren’t bent too bad but they did cause the BCG to lock/bind in battery. After pulling the charging handle and slamming the butt to the ground it unlocked. That’s when I broke it down and found them bent. As someone else has suggested in and IM, I need to check to see if the firing pin is stuck.

Super strange as this gun has been flawless for years and about 1000+ rounds (not much I know). Then, one day I take it out and the first pull of the trigger it runs a 3-4 round burst. Then another. That’s when I stopped.

I’ll get some photos of the extractor/ejector assemblies and check out the firing pin. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Leonidas777:
What are your all's sling setups?
View Quote
Whatever the Mag-Pul one is.  MS2?

Clipped to a loop made of Paracord run through the side sling loops.

On a related note, has anyone removed by the front metal sling loop?  Did you have to drill it out?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:01:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sunnybean:
Sorry guys, fresh snow today so the powder called.

I can get some pictures up soon. The extractor/ejectors aren’t bent too bad but they did cause the BCG to lock/bind in battery. After pulling the charging handle and slamming the butt to the ground it unlocked. That’s when I broke it down and found them bent. As someone else has suggested in and IM, I need to check to see if the firing pin is stuck.

Super strange as this gun has been flawless for years and about 1000+ rounds (not much I know). Then, one day I take it out and the first pull of the trigger it runs a 3-4 round burst. Then another. That’s when I stopped.

I’ll get some photos of the extractor/ejector assemblies and check out the firing pin. Thanks.
View Quote
Interesting, I do remember a few people running into issues with the firing pins becoming stuck, but I don't remember why exactly... That was quite a while ago though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I mounted an old Aimpoint Comp ML2 on a low ARMS mount (it's what I had ) and put it on my ARX. The height is perfect.

I sighted it in on an Appleseed target and shot a quick and dirty AQT. It did alright, and I was basically doing it as one long string. But after a quick 30 rounds, the handguard's vent holes were putting out a good amount of smoke. I'm not worried, it was the first time I ever shot that much with it.

But my last ten rounds impacted much higher than the rest. I don't know if I was accidentally resting the mag on the ground when I was prone, or if the barrel has a POI change when it gets hot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I know I’m late to the party but I decided to order an ARX while they are still available and reasonably priced, I’m excited to try it out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QB] [#31]
Do you mind sharing who you ordered from, I wasn't aware any 16" were in stock.  Maybe you ordered a SBR ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KS-Diesel] [#32]
Originally Posted By QB:
Do you mind sharing who you ordered from, I wasn't aware any 16" were in stock.  Maybe you ordered a SBR ?
View Quote
I ordered from the Scopesmith out of Houston TX, he had two left after my order.

I paid $899 shipped, it is a 16”.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:19:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sunnybean] [#33]
Okay here’s some photos showing the bent extractor/ejector assemblies. The left side is worse than the right side. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I don’t feel the firing pin dragging but did notice that there is a dent near the pin channel from the hammer.  I need to inspect the lpk/fcg and it’s installation.

Attachment Attached File

If anyone has thoughts I’d love to hear them. Also, for any of you that have had stocking firing pins how did you solve the issue?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BulletBait:

Black is for range toys.
I prefer my fighting rifles in tan.

That's Hot!
View Quote
I notice a difference in the barrel and flash hider too? Why?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#35]
That 7 o'clock area of the rear of the bolt is where the hammer would impact if the hammer was dropping before the bolt was locked?  Sound right?
The hammer channel runs 6 to 12 o'clock when the bolt is locked.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#36]
Okay here’s some photos showing the bent extractor/ejector assemblies. The left side is worse than the right side. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96670/6760DD86-CB81-433B-BDF9-0CC5006C0B93_jpe-1235041.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96670/36DCD0C5-6557-4504-AE30-324FCF2A2D43_jpe-1235042.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96670/2FE812BC-06BA-4962-AE0F-1FD0BC2AC524_jpe-1235043.JPG

I don’t feel the firing pin dragging but did notice that there is a dent near the pin channel from the hammer.  I need to inspect the lpk/fcg and it’s installation.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96670/BF74937B-B158-4ACE-A54A-FBAF8A4C30AA_jpe-1235044.JPG

If anyone has thoughts I’d love to hear them. Also, for any of you that have had stocking firing pins how did you solve the issue?
View Quote
Okay, so it looks like the extractors/ejectors are bending at the rear. I'm assuming you mostly have it set to eject out the right side? So the ejector that's on the left side of the bolt is impacting the ejection selector plate most of the time and causing it to bend... Something's definitely wrong there, maybe they had some incorrectly heat treated extractors/ejectors slip through perhaps?

Also, that dent on the back of the bolt indicates that the bolt is not fully locked when the hammer is dropping. Definitely check to make sure that your disconnector is working, maybe the spring is missing or broken?

I've also seen someone else with a dent on the firing pin channel on their bolt, I think it was determined that it was happening while the bolt was beginning it's travel rearward and dragging on the first Generation Shooting Sight hammers which didn't have chamfered edges on both sides of the hammer face. However, in your situation with the gun firing bursts makes me think that it's a disconnector problem.

I also wonder if the use of the sound suppressor doesn't have something to do with the extractors/ejectors bending. Maybe the impact velocity is just too much for them to handle with the added back pressure from the suppressor?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:I also wonder if the use of the sound suppressor doesn't have something to do with the extractors/ejectors bending. Maybe the impact velocity is just too much for them to handle with the added back pressure from the suppressor?
View Quote
My factory SBR barrel is so overgassed, I won’t even consider suppressing it without addressing that first.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
My factory SBR barrel is so overgassed, I won’t even consider suppressing it without addressing that first.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:I also wonder if the use of the sound suppressor doesn't have something to do with the extractors/ejectors bending. Maybe the impact velocity is just too much for them to handle with the added back pressure from the suppressor?
Yeah, I know that's an issue too. Adding a suppressor to an already overgassed set up could certainly cause some issues to pop up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Well I was able to pick mine up from my FFL a couple of nights ago.

Mine seems to be a single stage trigger, kind of heavy but very crisp when it breaks.

I like the Ambi controls, being a left handed shooter that was one of the draws for me.

The charging handle is a little small, I’ll have to do something there.

I wish the LOP was a little longer but I can live with that.

I’ll have to go shoot it before I pass any more judgment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By KS-Diesel:

Mine seems to be a single stage trigger, kind of heavy but very crisp when it breaks.

I like the Ambi controls, being a left handed shooter that was one of the draws for me.

View Quote
Did you already extend the telescoping stock all the way?

There's a couple of things you should buy to make the gun a little better...

Get yourself this:
Enlarged Cocking Handle

And this:
Lower Picatinny Rail
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#41]

https://i.postimg.cc/4NTK3ncw/50-BFF197-6-D58-435-F-940-D-0-EA9-B08-C8241.jpg

I’ll have to go shoot it before I pass any more judgment.
View Quote
The guns and titties magazine.....where?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By jmftexas:

View Quote
Here you go.

I actually bought mine at a gun show but these look the same.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AngryBeaver:

Did you already extend the telescoping stock all the way?

There's a couple of things you should buy to make the gun a little better...

Get yourself this:
Enlarged Cocking Handle

And this:
Lower Picatinny Rail
View Quote
I do have the stock extended all the way, thanks for the links those will help.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Here you go.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jmftexas:

Here you go.

Gracias
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:22:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#45]
Okay here’s some photos showing the bent extractor/ejector assemblies. The left side is worse than the right side. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96670/6760DD86-CB81-433B-BDF9-0CC5006C0B93_jpe-1235041.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96670/36DCD0C5-6557-4504-AE30-324FCF2A2D43_jpe-1235042.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96670/2FE812BC-06BA-4962-AE0F-1FD0BC2AC524_jpe-1235043.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96670/BF74937B-B158-4ACE-A54A-FBAF8A4C30AA_jpe-1235044.JPG

View Quote
I'm wondering if the can is causing an over pressure condition.  Did you ever shoot the 10" bbl without a can mounted?  Seems the S setting isn't working for silencer use, especially in the case of full size cans that generate relatively longer gas dwell times.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I'm wondering if the can is causing an over pressure condition.  Did you ever shoot the 10" bbl without a can mounted?  Seems the S setting isn't working for silencer use, especially in the case of full size cans that generate relatively longer gas dwell times.
View Quote
May have contributed. I’m sure it didn’t help. I have shot it both suppressed and unsuppressed without issue.  I checked the disconnector along with everything else in the fcg. I don’t see any issue.

Absolutely buried in work right now but when I get a chance I will try to straighten the ejector/extractor assembly’s and see if the problem persists.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I would suspect bending compromised the extractor/ejectors.  Perhaps consider replacing them.

BTW, anyone know if there is there anything newsworthy happening at the Beretta SHOT Show 2020 booth?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#48]
These are still in production?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#49]

May have contributed. I’m sure it didn’t help. I have shot it both suppressed and unsuppressed without issue.  I checked the disconnector along with everything else in the fcg. I don’t see any issue.

Absolutely buried in work right now but when I get a chance I will try to straighten the ejector/extractor assembly’s and see if the problem persists.
View Quote
Wouldn't firing when not completely locked also add the rearward speed of the bolt and carrier?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
These are still in production?
View Quote
Possibly. With the move from Accokeek to Gallatin I would expect any production manager worth their salt to look at inventory, demand, and prioritize.

Can they make more? Definitely.
Are they making more? Quite possibly
Are they making more for public sale? Probably not, they just landed some foreign contracts, so if those include US export-ok ones...

On other boards there are serial numbers with late 2018 assembly dates, FWIW.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top