Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Those dropleg holsters make my head hurt...they are behind the times...100%
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I saw that as well, what a bunch of dumpy looking goons. The air soft community here is equipped better.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:09:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JRCmx] [#3]
Beretta needs to offer an ARX-100 pistol that can accept a pistol brace.

The only thing they would need to make would be the replacement hinge for the brace.
Barrel is off the shelf,  along with the firearm.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
I saw that as well, what a bunch of dumpy looking goons. The air soft community here is equipped better.
View All Quotes

Agree.
Those holsters are Radar or Vega clones of the Bianchi one.. crappy stuff from the 90’s that’s still in the armories..and maybe still produced
No surprise they’re issued crappy stuff since the LEO that use the M9 daily are still fighting to get better gear..
Italy is weird country.. full of contradictions..
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:06:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Terraericthys] [#5]
bump
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Terraericthys:

I love the creativity. Theoretically a competent machinist could manufacture an extended aluminum rail that is installed in place by replacing the heat shield (slides out of you remove the top and side rails). I wish the longer forend found on the Italian Military Issued ARX rifles was what came to the U.S. Market. If that was the case I'd definitely cut down the barrel to 13.7" and add Surefire 3 Prong. Also, IMO the Surefire Closed Tine Flash Hider is the closest you'll get to the look of the one on the ARX160.
View Quote

The longer HG is on the ARX-160 A1 variants.  The ARX-100 has the same HG as found on the current A3, minus the large upper vents, which can be cut to match (See p. 99).
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I would give my left nut for an ARX100 SF...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/862449918

Please someone buy this, then revert it to a title 1, and then sell it to me so I can reform 4 it.
It looks like it'll slip on to the arx100 just by removing the stock plastic cover.
I've been on a 40mm fix and this.. This is just awesome sauce.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:23:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#10]
View All Quotes

FWIW, not that those guys have suppressors, but... ever tried unholstering a pistol with a suppressor attached from a hip holster? It sucks ass and you gotta half pull your shoulder out of the socket to do it if you want to maintain a hold on the grip while drawing instead of grabbing it around the middle. Droplegs are ideal for carrying something suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

FWIW, not that those guys have suppressors, but... ever tried unholstering a pistol with a suppressor attached from a hip holster? It sucks ass and you gotta half pull your shoulder out of the socket to do it if you want to maintain a hold on the grip while drawing instead of grabbing it around the middle. Droplegs are ideal for carrying something suppressed.
View Quote

A properly designed drop leg holster...not just any...lol...best option is low ride mounting plate attached directly the belt with a single thigh strap...I've seen soooo many people, including in LE, that run their dang stupid drop legs almost to their knee caps and the whole thing just flops around like crazy...very unsafe...
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Bad timing for me as I'm laid off for this virus, but Classic Firearms has the ARX100 in stock for $899 right now (as of this posting).

$899 ARX
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By shortround:
Bad timing for me as I'm laid off for this virus, but Classic Firearms has the ARX100 in stock for $899 right now (as of this posting).

$899 ARX
View Quote

Couldn't help it but I've been waiting for a price like that so I broke down and ordered one, thank you for the heads up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

Couldn't help it but I've been waiting for a price like that so I broke down and ordered one, thank you for the heads up.
View Quote

I was going to order one but my ffl isn’t on file with them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#15]
shipping and tax takes it to almost $1000
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kanewtervalve] [#16]
Originally Posted By Uys:
shipping and tax takes it to almost $1000
View Quote

After transfer fee it's north of that. At least I don't need to buy any mags.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't get me wrong, even with another $20 for a transfer, it's well worth it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a 1k gun for sure, quite a few issues addressed with it, wanted one for awhile, the only one I ever handled the store owner quoted me 1399 and I handed
it back to him. I wish I would have been paying attention when they were in the 850ish range before, thought I would miss the boat.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I’d be in if it wasn’t classic. I would of done it if my ffl was on file.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:10:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By shortround:

$899 ARX
View Quote

Oof...I didn't need to see that.  If I'm gonna spend irresponsibly right now, it's gonna be on a BREN 2...there, I think I'm safe, now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QB] [#21]
Originally Posted By barnbwt:

Oof...I didn't need to see that.  If I'm gonna spend irresponsibly right now, it's gonna be on a BREN 2...there, I think I'm safe, now.
View Quote

You're safe, Classic is OOS.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Probably already mentioned: has to be the most expensive firearm to SBR, over $700 best case scenario.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Probably already mentioned: has to be the most expensive firearm to SBR, over $700 best case scenario.
View Quote

That's why you buy the factory SBR.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Buy the factory SBR and suddenly it’s one of the cheapest. Definitely the cheapest in its quality class.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

I completely disagree as for me it was the cheapest ever and essentially free. I bought the SBR kit from Botach, kept the barrel, sold everything else including the stock 16” barrel and came out squeaky clean. So, it was like getting the SBR for the $799 plus tax I paid Academy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

It cost less to SBR the ARX ($375 for the SBR kit on sale from BUSA) than it did for the Colt 11.5 upper w/o BCG?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

How do you figure that? I paid $350 for the barrel. An SBR upper costs a little less maybe, depending on what brand you're buying, or potentially way more. Tried SBR'ing a SCAR?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Actually thought about the SBR from Botach but the thought of waiting for over a year for the stamp wasn't my cup of tea. The only barrel available now
is $575 plus the $200 stamp. If I catch a break on the barrel down the road I'll think about it, I've already bought 15 stamps in the past year since
I found the online 1 month form 1 approval, factor in the cost of getting the pistol/rifle to sbr status for each of those, I guess the ARX is fine as a rifle for me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Beretta drops 25-30% coupons like rain.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#30]
When I SBR'd mine, it was the barrel assembly (I think $300 from Botach back then) and the stamp.  I'm no gunsmith, but it took me about 3 minutes to swap the barrel group out.  Runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Doesn't it take 10 seconds to change out the barrel assemblu?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
View Quote

The "Bed, Bath and Beyond" of the gun industry.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
View Quote

Almost all big holidays get a big coupon.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:35:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#34]
I have watching, its been a long time since they have had the 10.25" barrel kit. With the 30% they come down to $402!
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 4:38:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#35]
They had them a few months ago. I think they do them in batches.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
Doesn't it take 10 seconds to change out the barrel assemblu?
View Quote

It does, if you have done it a couple of times, and don't count reading the manual the first time.

What you don't want to do is let the bolt carrier slam home with no barrel in place to stop it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, if you're removing the barrel and haven't disassembled the rest, you can just pull the bolt back and the bolt handle out as if you were switching it from left to right or vice versa and it'll lock in place.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 1:09:34 AM EDT
[#38]
KyGunCo has the ARX100 for $935.  Just bought one.  Damn you all!

I'm starting to get back in to non-AR guns.  I've gotten rid of all my ARs and now I'll just have a Steyr AUG, Galil ACE, and the ARX100 in terms of semi-autos.  ARs are fantastic guns, they're just insanely boring to me because they're so good at what they do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#39]
So, these aren't discontinued then?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:
View Quote

Never discontinued, just not made sometimes, sort of Limbo.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

How many do you have now? Also, don't forget to make sure that the hammer spring legs are in the right spot.

Are you really going to give it to your daughter? It would be an awesome gift for sure.
View Quote

@556Cliff

Been out of it a month. How are the legs supposed to sit?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/862449918

Please someone buy this, then revert it to a title 1, and then sell it to me so I can reform 4 it.
It looks like it'll slip on to the arx100 just by removing the stock plastic cover.
I've been on a 40mm fix and this.. This is just awesome sauce.
View Quote

I'd be happy for an airsoft version.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I remember some talk about using a Magpul D60 if you file the overinsertion tab off. Did anyone ever try that and everything worked okay? Thinking of picking one up specifically to mod for use with my ARX.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:
View Quote

Beretta never officially announced them as discontinued, and they still show up on their website.  I've seen them remove guns from their website that they stopped making before.  It has probably just become a limited production item, in that they make very small batches of them at a time and they don't do batches often.  Similar to what HK does with guns like the USP Expert/Elite, and Mark 23.  You'll see those pop up everywhere for a while, then they'll disappear for 4 months, then show back up in stock at places.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

@556Cliff

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

How many do you have now? Also, don't forget to make sure that the hammer spring legs are in the right spot.

Are you really going to give it to your daughter? It would be an awesome gift for sure.

@556Cliff

The lower legs of the hammer springs should be as shown in this picture below.

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:41:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BravoSector1] [#46]
I'm glad I sold mine and the barrel assembly. Added another SCAR to the stable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:39:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#47]
Originally Posted By BravoSector1:
View Quote

Shit posting in a thread is a milestone indicator on ARF.com. Congratulations, Cliff.  This discussion has crossed a threshold.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Shit posting in a thread is a milestone indicator on ARF.com. Congratulations, Cliff.  This discussion has crossed a threshold.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BravoSector1:

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Forrest

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Not shitting on the rifle at all. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was just economics. I was able to sell the rifle and barrel group for $2k.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top