Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Personal gun, or will AIM be stocking the new model with the FAST stock?
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Bryan, that looks amazing. Living in a ban state, no side folder for me. But the fixed ACE tube stock isn't terrible.

Link Posted: 3/3/2012 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
sold my early version hbar xcr and bought the new one with a light barrel from Kermit, this version seems so much lighter
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
while i was putting on the stock, I cleaned mine today for the first time in years.  i would love to have my barrel re-profiled but mine is a 14.5 with perm FH and i know i will lose the $100 FH, and i just can't do that

Same here, I want the new gas adjustment, but I too ave a 14.5 with perm muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]
This thread needs more pics!

My XCR prior to having the barrel chopped/ fluted. Thats an 18.6" HBar
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]
After looking through this thread yesterday had to breakout the XCR and put a couple hundred rounds on the gong. Forgot how much I loved that thing. I bought it to quench my thirst when waiting for the SCAR and ACR. It did such a good job I haven't bought either yet.  Probably will get an M before that as well. lol!
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
while i was putting on the stock, I cleaned mine today for the first time in years. i would love to have my barrel re-profiled but mine is a 14.5 with perm FH and i know i will lose the $100 FH, and i just can't do that

It should still be possible.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
its ok unless something goes wrong with it, no customer service

What kind of customer service problems did you have with your XCR?

You get Customer Service like this:   ...if you post a bunch of whiny petty negative stuff here or anywhere, I guaranty very slow service.  I have made that a policy.  (quote from Robinson Arms' owner on Robinson Arms Forum)

I have two Robinson Arms rifles, an XCR and an M96.  But I can't recommend them anymore, not after reading that.  That is *not* a constructive way to deal with QC problems.

Thank you for pointing that out.  I would have never believe it if I hadn't read it on their web site.
I'm working on an article about such guns.  It will be years before it is finished and even longer before it is printed.
But this is priceless.  I've downloaded it and will be sure to include at least parts of it.
I've long wondered why Robinson Arms wasn't doing better than they seem to be.
Years ago, when my project first started, I had one of their guns and I had an acceptable experience.  So I could never really understand why they weren't better received.  Now I know why.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
after 2 calls from my dealer not being returned i think i will not be owning one soon. why should my dealer or me  have to go through another dealer to get one. this is a 7 employee company, they better learn to answer the fuckin phone.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 3:05:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
after 2 calls from my dealer not being returned i think i will not be owning one soon. why should my dealer or me  have to go through another dealer to get one. this is a 7 employee company, they better learn to answer the fuckin phone.

They sell every rifle they produce. People are screaming for them to crank out more, develop more calibre conversions, hurry up and get new stocks developed. You're right, it's a small company. They are busy working.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

after 2 calls from my dealer not being returned i think i will not be owning one soon. why should my dealer or me have to go through another dealer to get one. this is a 7 employee company, they better learn to answer the fuckin phone.

You said it,,,,,,,,,,, it's a 7 employee company and they are all buisy making, shipping or servicing rifles. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to buy a Colt, S&W, Sig, FN, etc. and had to have my local dealer go through another dealer just to get me what I wanted, and those were MUCH BIGGER companies.

MadDog

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Insert <notsureifserious.jpg> here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I hear that.

I remember calling them to order a shorter LOP stock and the lady that answered told me to order it on their site.  I did and after a year and a half my card hasn't been charged.  Not a word from them.  I thought about calling again and seeing what was up a long time ago, but I figured I shouldn't have to go through that much effort to give someone money.  Shitty customer service/support is something that RA has perfected.  You gotta go through the stocking dealers.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear that.

I remember calling them to order a shorter LOP stock and the lady that answered told me to order it on their site.  I did and after a year and a half my card hasn't been charged.  Not a word from them.  I thought about calling again and seeing what was up a long time ago, but I figured I shouldn't have to go through that much effort to give someone money.  Shitty customer service/support is something that RA has perfected.  You gotta go through the stocking dealers.

It's a 7 person company. Your local bodega probably has more people working at it. They are manufacturers. They have stocking dealers. Call the damn stocking dealer and let the manufacturers build the shit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear that.

It's a 7 person company. Your local bodega probably has more people working at it. They are manufacturers. They have stocking dealers. Call the damn stocking dealer and let the manufacturers build the shit.

I agree, I don't think people realize most firearms manufacturers sell through distributors, so its really not that big of a problem.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Re posted from earlier in the thread for those who came late.

Kermit Zahn
Wild Thang Farms
3150 Fuller Road
Emmett, ID 83617-9158
(208) 365-6582

Little Jack's Guns
Milton FL
(503) 708 4740
[email protected]

Jensen Arms
285 E 29TH St
Loveland, CO 80538
(970) 663-5994
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#19]
My Robinson Arms XCR with Ezed Adapter to take the ACR-E Stock.

This thing is bad ass!  
1) AK-like-Piston action
2) Side charging handle on the correct side (Like an FAL).
3) non-reciprocating charging handle (not reciprocating like the lame SCAR).
4) 5 setting Adjustable gas system (You guys have seen adjustable gas blocks that go for $200+, this is included with the barrel!)
5) Less than a minute to change the barrel
6) 2 minute caliber conversion (barrel and bolt change).  I have a 7.62x39 kit in addition to the 556 kit
7) Comes with a trigger that is on par with the Giessele SSA as standard.
8) Monolithic Upper

Link Posted: 3/14/2012 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear that.

You know, if you don't want people calling to order your products, or don't have the ability to handle that, you simply state that all products are sold through distributors.  There is nothing wrong with that business model, it is used quite commonly, usually by larger companies.  The problem is is they do sell consumer direct (theoretically) and that is why they get lambasted.

If you are going to sell direct, it is not only foolish, but terrible CS to never respond to your customers.  Hell, sometimes the phone is ringing off the hook and there just aren'tenough hands to grab them, but you always call customers back and respond to their emails.  The only thing worse than not offering a contact method for customers to reach you is offereing a contact method and then never responding.  When that happens your potential customer gets pissed, and these days they go and let everyone on the internet know about the lack of customer service they got, which usually costs you more potential customers.

Every company makes mistakes, has products fail, and has times they can't answer the phones.  The key is to give good customer service and people for the most part are understanding, because in the end someone is listening and responding to them.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2012 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Very well said sir (sucks that its true tho)
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#22]
It has been said here and on the XCR forum. Alex needs to hire a office/production manager. Alex is a great designer and needs to just concentrate on that part of the business. A network of stocking dealers is forming. I think it is time to get out of the direct sales market. They can still do repairs and warranty work, and parts orders. Like DPMS & Bushmaster. There is still time to make a good reputation for themselves. They have had good CS in the past. I own an XCR, it is my favorite weapon system. I am stating these things because I want the XCR and RobArms to succeed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It has been said here and on the XCR forum. Alex needs to hire a office/production manager. Alex is a great designer and needs to just concentrate on that part of the business. A network of stocking dealers is forming. I think it is time to get out of the direct sales market. They can still do repairs and warranty work, and parts orders. Like DPMS & Bushmaster. There is still time to make a good reputation for themselves. They have had good CS in the past. I own an XCR, it is my favorite weapon system. I am stating these things because I want the XCR and RobArms to succeed.

I agree with this as much as I try to defend Alex. He needs someone to help with this. If it were only possible to pay Terra what she is worth and give her the authority to do what needs to be done...
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Anybody know why Robinson's is not attending the NRA Convention in St. Louis? Kind of like Woodford Reserve not attending the Bourbon Festival last year.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this as much as I try to defend Alex. He needs someone to help with this. If it were only possible to pay Terra what she is worth and give her the authority to do what needs to be done...

Yep yep. He can have/& has had the right people, but just will not relinquish the authority.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anybody know why Robinson's is not attending the NRA Convention in St. Louis? Kind of like Woodford Reserve not attending the Bourbon Festival last year.

They never have a booth at the NRA.  Same reason why they usually don't have a SHOT Show booth.  They had their own booth this year and 2010 they used Serbu's booth.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Robinsons issue has absolutely zero to do with customer service.

If he's get his QC up to par then CS becomes moot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Nothing wrong with Q.C. from what I can see since the dust settled from the last panic buying frenzy.

Expect all manufacturers Q.C. to dip as the election nears and demand skyrockets.

It always does when things like the'94 ban, Y2K, elections etc. are about to happen.

Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nothing wrong with Q.C. from what I can see since the dust settled from the last panic buying frenzy.

Expect all manufacturers Q.C. to dip as the election nears and demand skyrockets.

It always does when things like the'94 ban, Y2K, elections etc. are about to happen.

thats a cop out and not what I have experienced. Regardless, companies that dump unacceptable product on the market to meet a panic demand on the assumption that either they will fix product on the backend at their leisure or will have a significant percentage of non returns for whatever reason is not a company I would do business with, and more times than not will end up tanking due to bad press. CProducts is an excellent example.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't know about the QC thing as of late as my newest XCR was bought in 07. I do know that you have to be persistent in communicating with them and preferably use the phone. Then again, I had the same issue with Kermit Zahn recently (not a knock on him, just saying that he gets really busy too). Persistence pays off. I got my first job by calling the manager every day until I was hired.

I do know this is less than ideal. The gold standard of CS in the firearms industry as I know is S&W but then again I have had to use them for every new S&W I have ever owned. With RA, only the first gun, and that was one of the very early ones.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats a cop out and not what I have experienced. Regardless, companies that dump unacceptable product on the market to meet a panic demand on the assumption that either they will fix product on the backend at their leisure or will have a significant percentage of non returns for whatever reason is not a company I would do business with, and more times than not will end up tanking due to bad press. CProducts is an excellent example.

No Sir not a cop out and any attempt to start arguments but rather my experience and observation over the last thirty years. I do not wish to start imply that Bushmaster, Colt, R.A. or any firearms manufacturer dump unacceptable products on the market. I have observed first hand and noted reports of various things slipping past Q.C. from those makers and others before and the instance of such occurrences increased at the time time of buying frenzy's while such instances and their frequency is lower between.

Again, not a slam, slur or any disrespect to any person or company but those are my observations good and bad.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Sir not a cop out and any attempt to start arguments but rather my experience and observation over the last thirty years. I do not wish to start imply that Bushmaster, Colt, R.A. or any firearms manufacturer dump unacceptable products on the market. I have observed first hand and noted reports of various things slipping past Q.C. from those makers and others before and the instance of such occurrences increased at the time time of buying frenzy's while such instances and their frequency is lower between.

Again, not a slam, slur or any disrespect to any person or company but those are my observations good and bad.

And you are spot on sir. This happens in other industries as well. Not always but from time to time it does happen. Most companies strive to NOT have it happen, some just don't care. It's the ones that don't care and/or don't make any attempt to fix their product later. Those are companies I would not want to do business with either.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Robinson dumps their product on the market now, is that what you are saying?
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't CProducts basically get sued out of existence by a vendor they went into an agreement with to coat the mags, after they switched vendors due to problems with the former's results?

I don't think they went away due to problems with their products.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:34:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Robinson dumps their product on the market now, is that what you are saying?
You asking me or B44T? I never said anything about RA specifically following the 'dump and fix later' business model, only that it was unacceptable. My point was that everyone bashes RA for bad CS, but the real issue is that if they didn't have people requiring CS (warranty returns, replacement parts) then CS would be a moot point/non-issue.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't CProducts basically get sued out of existence by a vendor they went into an agreement with to coat the mags, after they switched vendors due to problems with the former's results?

I don't think they went away due to problems with their products.

No one I know was buying CP mags after the election; word was everywhere how bad they had become. Guess I just assumed that; my bad.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Re reading the preceding few posts and viewing them from different perspectives I can see how they can be taken different ways.

Damned internet and typed posts,,,,not as effective as real conversation.

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top