Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 7:03:55 PM EDT
Went to the Harrisburg show this morning looking for a deer rifle but found this instead.

Belgian Browning A5.  Guy said it was from early to mid-60s.  When I saw the price, I sorta lost my head a bit and just about broke my hand gettin my wallet out.

Got it for the unbelievable price of $190 OTD.  I think I done good!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
At least you will have some money left over for shoulder reconstruction.

I freaking HATE the A5.  I don't know exactly which part in there is the recoil magnifier but if you can find it I would suggest removing it.

Nice price on it btw.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
how much were the toes?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
At least you will have some money left over for shoulder reconstruction.

I freaking HATE the A5.  I don't know exactly which part in there is the recoil magnifier but if you can find it I would suggest removing it.

Nice price on it btw.

I have a few Remington Model 11's, early licensed American made A5's, that do not seem to kick much at all. Something about the whole barrel reciprocating that seems to soak up the recoil. They can be tuned for different loads, maybe the one that you fired was adjusted wrong for the load.

OP: Nice snag. That is a good looking A5.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Was the show any good? I was thinking of stopping by there tomorrow with a friend in town.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Great score!  

Check the friction ring on the recoil spring, make sure it's turned to the more appropriate game load level, IMO.

The bolt soaks up some energy too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

how much were the toes?

What is wrong with that big one.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:39:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Was the show any good? I was thinking of stopping by there tomorrow with a friend in town.

Wasn't too bad.  Lots of decent milsurp stuff there.  Some guy had Romanian PSLs for $450.  Some real nice Mosins at Eagle Arms for $90.  I got Federal 380 for $14 a box.  I saw Wolf 223 for $230 a case and he had LOTS of it!  Some guys were insane on their prices, but that's nothing unusual.

I think maybe the ammo emergency is almost over.  Prices are starting to get reasonable again.

Oh!  There was only one jerky guy there and he has venison sticks that are freakin delicious!  Much better than the $5 hot dogs at the consession stand.

ETA:  There's nothin wrong with my toes!  Except maybe the second one is longer than my big one.  They call those ridgerunner toes where I come from!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
At that price I would have done it as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't too bad.  Lots of decent milsurp stuff there.  Some guy had Romanian PSLs for $450.  Some real nice Mosins at Eagle Arms for $90.  I got Federal 380 for $14 a box.  I saw Wolf 223 for $230 a case and he had LOTS of it!  Some guys were insane on their prices, but that's nothing unusual.

I think maybe the ammo emergency is almost over.  Prices are starting to get reasonable again.

Oh!  There was only one jerky guy there and he has venison sticks that are freakin delicious!  Much better than the $5 hot dogs at the consession stand.

ETA:  There's nothin wrong with my toes!  Except maybe the second one is longer than my big one.  They call those ridgerunner toes where I come from!

I stopped by today. Wasn't a bad show. It was tiny compared to what they once were. Guess you can thank the state for scaring people away with $8 parking. The jerkey guy you are talking about is great, he is about the only non-gun vendor I like to see there. He has some good stuff. I didn't buy anything, but there was some neat stuff there. A good bit of NFA stuff for sure.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:02:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
My A5 is my go to shotgun.  It was built in Belgium in 1947 and more realiable then my 870.  You got a great deal on an excellent shotgun.

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top