Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/12/2006 2:59:52 PM EDT
Anybody got any opinions on the High Point carbine rifle in either 9 or 40 cal?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:11:37 PM EDT
There have been several recent threads about this rifle recently; I originated one about a month or so ago. I got myself a good deal on one that has been a little beat up, but not badly. It's a 9mm, and it is quite accurate for something that cheap. Using Iron sights (with no adjustments from where they were when I bought it used) I was able to break a clay pigeon (and easily could have hit more) at about 50yrds or so. It is not nor ever will it be a tack driver, but it was reliable, fun to shoot, and just funny because it is so cheap. I was using American Eagle ammo, if anyone wanted to know. 10 shot groups at 50yds were consistently about 3 inches or so. All in all, something fun to mess with, but I'll never stake my life on it in an emergency situation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
Interesting....I was just thinking of getting one just "because!"

I wanted some cheap, so chepa that I'm not too worried about damaging it.....I like the concept of the Hi-Point. But I haven't shot one yet.....I've heard that they are very sturdy, kinda AK-like. how true is this? I saw one at a gun shop today, put it up to my face, and it seems to mold to my face pretty well, but as i look at the parts and how they are made, I'm having second thoughts. is it worth it? I guess I can sell it later. After i figure out if it is worth it or not, I'll probably go back and buy the thing....

Any more comments/issues about this gun? I'd like to know before i pick it up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:45:52 PM EDT
I bought mine "just because." The stock was wrapped in electrical tape for some reason, and it's missing the bolt roller (so I can't lock the bolt open, but that's not a big deal to me). It does have the "compensator" and laser sight. I bought the carbine, 100rnds of 9mm to feed it, and a used buy nice padded tactical rifle case for one of my other toys. Total cost OTD was $112 and change. Also, if you buy one new (and possibly used) and anything goes wrong with it, Hi-Point has a lifetime, no BS, no hassle warranty. I've heard from several people that if it goes wrong, they usually will just send you a new rifle, instead of replacing a part. I like this idea.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:28:19 PM EDT
There is actually an aftermarket stock on the market now for them that dresses them up quite a bit in my opinion. Also based on the one I saw makes them feel less cheap. Reminds me of a Wal-Mart CX-4

Top Top