Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 2:59:52 PM EDT
Anybody got any opinions on the High Point carbine rifle in either 9 or 40 cal?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
There have been several recent threads about this rifle recently; I originated one about a month or so ago. I got myself a good deal on one that has been a little beat up, but not badly. It's a 9mm, and it is quite accurate for something that cheap. Using Iron sights (with no adjustments from where they were when I bought it used) I was able to break a clay pigeon (and easily could have hit more) at about 50yrds or so. It is not nor ever will it be a tack driver, but it was reliable, fun to shoot, and just funny because it is so cheap. I was using American Eagle ammo, if anyone wanted to know. 10 shot groups at 50yds were consistently about 3 inches or so. All in all, something fun to mess with, but I'll never stake my life on it in an emergency situation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting....I was just thinking of getting one just "because!"

I wanted some cheap, so chepa that I'm not too worried about damaging it.....I like the concept of the Hi-Point.  But I haven't shot one yet.....I've heard that they are very sturdy, kinda AK-like.  how true is this?  I saw one at a gun shop today, put it up to my face, and it seems to mold to my face pretty well, but as i look at the parts and how they are made, I'm having second thoughts.  is it worth it?  I guess I can sell it later.  After i figure out if it is worth it or not, I'll probably go back and buy the thing....

Any more comments/issues about this gun?  I'd like to know before i pick it up.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine "just because." The stock was wrapped in electrical tape for some reason, and it's missing the bolt roller (so I can't lock the bolt open, but that's not a big deal to me). It does have the "compensator" and laser sight. I bought the carbine, 100rnds of 9mm to feed it, and a used buy nice padded tactical rifle case for one of my other toys. Total cost OTD was $112 and change. Also, if you buy one new (and possibly used) and anything goes wrong with it, Hi-Point has a lifetime, no BS, no hassle warranty. I've heard from several people that if it goes wrong, they usually will just send you a new rifle, instead of replacing a part. I like this idea.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
There is actually an aftermarket stock on the market now for them that dresses them up quite a bit in my opinion. Also based on the one I saw makes them feel less cheap. Reminds me of a Wal-Mart CX-4

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top