Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:21:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 9:00:42 PM EDT by GlockandRoll]
You guys are really helpful, however I have decided not to purchase another suppressor and instead convert my bolt gun to a .300 whisper.

I am having Clark's build me a custom gator AR that is guaranteed to shoot sub .5 MOA, and that my friends, is damned good grouping.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:55:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:01:22 AM EDT
Cool... mine is chrome lined, do you think that will matter?
I've heard of guys going as high as 77 grains, but I just want an over-the counter MOA solution w/my supressor (which should increase accuracy judjing from previous supressor experience)
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:46:59 PM EDT
Gonna have a crack about like a .22LR unsuppressed in a 16" barrel with a can unless you get subsonic ammo. Local dealer has the Engle (Engel?) Ballistic Research subsonic in, it's 63gr, and according to him won't group for crap in a 1:9 barrel. Just not moving fast enough.

Through a 20" barreled upper, IMI M193 ammo makes a "whup" through my can. Gotta be burning off more of the powder. Was wondering if a dissy-type upper with the longer gas system would do the same, but haven't found one to try it on....

Woody
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:57:26 PM EDT
Good info... I think that I am not going to purchase another supressor at this point.
I mean, I own a thundertrap, probably one of the BEST cans on the market. Not too mention, if I want to REALLY play subsonic I can biuld a moderately priced .300 whisper.

I just want a REALLY good hole-puncher.
Top Top