Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:21:33 AM EDT
You guys are really helpful, however I have decided not to purchase another suppressor and instead convert my bolt gun to a .300 whisper.

I am having Clark's build me a custom gator AR that is guaranteed to shoot sub .5 MOA, and that my friends, is damned good grouping.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool... mine is chrome lined, do you think that will matter?
I've heard of guys going as high as 77 grains, but I just want an over-the counter MOA solution w/my supressor (which should increase accuracy judjing from previous supressor experience)
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna have a crack about like a .22LR unsuppressed in a 16" barrel with a can unless you get subsonic ammo.  Local dealer has the Engle (Engel?) Ballistic Research subsonic in, it's 63gr, and according to him won't group for crap in a 1:9 barrel.  Just not moving fast enough.  

Through a 20" barreled upper, IMI M193 ammo makes a "whup" through my can.  Gotta be burning off more of the powder.  Was wondering if a dissy-type upper with the longer gas system would do the same, but haven't found one to try it on....

Woody
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Good info... I think that I am not going to purchase another supressor at this point.
I mean, I own a thundertrap, probably one of the BEST cans on the market. Not too mention, if I want to REALLY play subsonic I can biuld a moderately priced .300 whisper.

I just want a REALLY good hole-puncher.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top