Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:50:34 AM EDT
Does anyone know the projected life of a Beretta Storm? Being that it is all plastic with a steel bolt slamming back and forth inside I was wondering how long one of these will last. I have 300 rounds through mine and I really like it.....I just hope it holds up for many years of blasting to come!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd hope a loooong time.

Beretta isn't really known for non-durable firearms.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Check over on the Beretta forums (berettaforum.net).  There was a discussion about this.  Some guys have, IIRC, 17,000 + rounds through their CX4s with little or no problems.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check over on the Beretta forums (berettaforum.net).  There was a discussion about this.  Some guys have, IIRC, 17,000 + rounds through their CX4s with little or no problems.  

Thanks for the info!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I have heard ONLY good things about the CX4. I am really wanting one now to tell you the truth. I am just confused about the whole mag thing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have heard ONLY good things about the CX4. I am really wanting one now to tell you the truth. I am just confused about the whole mag thing.

It can be confusing.  But in 9mm at least, I am sure of three different versions of the CX4.

One that takes 92 mags
one that takes 8000/Cougar mags
and one that takes PX4 mags

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought the Storm that takes the 92 mags. Seemed easy that way.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Any updates?

mine still works
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:18:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#12]
We need someone to do a torture test.

Edited: Damn, I'm not thinking in English today.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Good idea!

Anyone want to start a pool and we could buy one and start the torture test and see what happends? I'd be more then happy to set it up if we all kicked in a bit of $$$.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I have around 8000 rounds through the 9mm
CX4 I bought when they first came out .

I  put 5000 rounds through it in fist
month or so to see if the plastic hammer would
break ... It didn't .
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have around 8000 rounds through the 9mm
CX4 I bought when they first came out .

I  put 5000 rounds through it in fist
month or so to see if the plastic hammer would
break ... It didn't .

How many failures did you have durring that 8,000 rounds?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

How many failures did you have durring that 8,000 rounds?

No mechanical failures and only a handful that were ammo
or mag related .
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Captain Adama had them for the longest time under combat duty, and they seemed to work great.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Captain Adama had them for the longest time under combat duty, and they seemed to work great.

Who is Captain Adama?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is Captain Adama?

I believe he is talking about Battle Star Galactica - a TV show that uses the Storm as a battle rifle...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#20]
As far as I know, the Storm appeared in only one episode (specifically, episode 202, "Valley of Darkness") of BSG.

It was used by the downed Raptor crew as an emergency PDW.

As far as I know, the other weapons they mainly make use of are FN Herstel 5.7s (with some sort of attachment underneath), some sort of MP5 with a bunch of tacticool junk strapped to it, and this one ComBlock pistol that I don't remember the name of.

/degeek
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
As far as I know, the Storm appeared in only one episode (specifically, episode 202, "Valley of Darkness") of BSG.

It was used by the downed Raptor crew as an emergency PDW.

As far as I know, the other weapons they mainly make use of are FN Herstel 5.7s (with some sort of attachment underneath), some sort of MP5 with a bunch of tacticool junk strapped to it, and this one ComBlock pistol that I don't remember the name of.

/degeek

it's been in many episodes.
I finger the Garand while watching BoB and my CX4 or 57 while watching BSG
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#22]
You can't count a TV show as "combat conditions", you neards!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea!

Anyone want to start a pool and we could buy one and start the torture test and see what happends? I'd be more then happy to set it up if we all kicked in a bit of $$$.

Anybody else interested!?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd like to see one tested out, but I'm going to be putting out the cash for a Cx4 for myself here in another couple weeks.  Don't think I could justify the extra expenditure quite this soon.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#25]
If we could get enough folks to kick in $5-20 we could buy one in no time and put it to the test! We could take pictures and post the whole test to see how much abbuse a Storme will take.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:50:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe we could make it like a raffle.  If the Storm survives, we could raffle it off.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Maybe we could make it like a raffle.  If the Storm survives, we could raffle it off.

Good idea!

Should  I start an "official Storm fund raising thread"?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#28]
It might be better to get one going over on the Beretta Forum.  There's probably a lot more Storm owners over there who'd be interested in seeing this done.  I'm on there as kitwulfen, as I am at most places.

I vote for testing the Cx4 9mm model 92.  As far as I've seen it's the most often purchased, though we might give people votes/leeway depending on how much they pay in for it.

It's probably a given, but the more money someone puts into the Storm for giving it the therapy, the better chance they should have at winning (what's left of) it.

Also, what sort of torture tests are we going to do?  What order will we do them in?  Why isn't there a standardized form for this?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It might be better to get one going over on the Beretta Forum.  There's probably a lot more Storm owners over there who'd be interested in seeing this done.  I'm on there as kitwulfen, as I am at most places.

I vote for testing the Cx4 9mm model 92.  As far as I've seen it's the most often purchased, though we might give people votes/leeway depending on how much they pay in for it.

It's probably a given, but the more money someone puts into the Storm for giving it the therapy, the better chance they should have at winning (what's left of) it.

Also, what sort of torture tests are we going to do?  What order will we do them in?  Why isn't there a standardized form for this?

So far it's just an idea but you have some good thoughts on this!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I only have a couple thousand rounds through mine so far (9mm, 92 mags), but I've had exactly zero problems with factory (15 & 20) mags (and the usual, expected intermittant FTFs with aftermarket 30s - I blame the mags 100%).
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is Captain Adama?

I believe he is talking about Battle Star Galactica - a TV show that uses the Storm as a battle rifle...

I just started watching the series on DVD.  I like it.  Yeah, couldn't believe they were using Beretta Storms in the show.  Lately I've been thinking about getting one.  Haven't heard any bad things about them yet.  It's going to be on my "to get list", along with a few others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top