Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:52:17 AM EDT
Thought this might get better response here so it's a repost from GD:

I have available to me an in-the-white totally machined Springfield M1A reciever. It is marked on the price tag "Match Grade Machined" and on the reciever it is marked:

U.S. RIFLE
7.62mm M-1A
SPRINGFIELD
ARMORY (trademark t, don't know how to make it on the computer)
0627**

It is slightly blemished/dirty. Asking price is $400
Is this a good deal? How hard/how much would it cost to build this up into an M21 clone? I have pics available if someone would host for me. Thanks for any imput.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield Armory receivers run about 500 dollars.I don't believe there supplied in the white but a call to S.A. would let you know for sure.The "match grade machined" would have me abit worried. Has it been machined since it left the factory,what did they do and were they an experienced armorer?A guy with a mill does not a machinist make.You would actually be money ahead by buying a complete older rifle and rebuilding it to your liking instead of starting with a receiver and trying to track down all the parts at today's prices.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't pay extra because of the word "match." It probably doesn't mean a thing unless it's got a rear lug.  Also, SA Inc doesn't guarantee bare receivers like they do complete rifles.  Take a look at www.sarcoinc.com  They've got M14 type receivers going on sale--pull up the newest shotgun news add on their website.

Ty
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a heads up,Sarco was selling Armscorp seconds that weren't to spec.Just something to be aware of.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just a heads up,Sarco was selling Armscorp seconds that weren't to spec.Just something to be aware of.

If it says "Springfield Armory", then it wouldn't be "Armscorp", would it????????????
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Bob,My post was regarding .30 Calibers post about Sarco having receivers for sale.Please don't try and speak to me as though I were a child when it is you who is foolish enough not to read the thread.It reflects poorly on you and doesn't add to the discussion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bob,My post was regarding .30 Calibers post about Sarco having receivers for sale.Please don't try and speak to me as though I were a child when it is you who is foolish enough not to read the thread.

I have available to me an in-the-white totally machined Springfield M1A reciever.

First of all, it was a legit question on my part. For all I knew, Sarco was a mfgr for receivers for SA & I hadn't heard about it or vice versa or whatever.

As for not reading the thread, care to show me where he mentioned Sarco, sir??????????? As for foolish, I think you've clearly demonstrated who fit that, eh?????

As for speaking to you as a child, sounds like you felt the shoe fit, IMO.

Run along & play outside for a while & cool off.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bob,My post was regarding .30 Calibers post about Sarco having receivers for sale.Please don't try and speak to me as though I were a child when it is you who is foolish enough not to read the thread.

I have available to me an in-the-white totally machined Springfield M1A reciever.

First of all, it was a legit question on my part. For all I knew, Sarco was a mfgr for receivers for SA & I hadn't heard about it or vice versa or whatever.

As for not reading the thread, care to show me where he mentioned Sarco, sir??????????? As for foolish, I think you've clearly demonstrated who fit that, eh?????

As for speaking to you as a child, sounds like you felt the shoe fit, IMO.

Run along & play outside for a while & cool off.

I will once again state that my post was in response to .30 Calibers post about Sarco having receivers on sale.I stated thar Sarco was selling ARMSCORP seconds which I felt was something the original poster should be aware of should he decide to check into .30 Calibers reccomendation.Thus far you have not added anything to this thread other than to show a childish lack of self-control as well as a lack of basic reading comprehension.I'm done with this little game,I apologise to OHMR95B for cluttering up his thread,i would not normally respond to snide comments but I allowed myself to be dragged into a pissing match.Mea Culpa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top