User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You never know, their market share would definently be increased, the potential  buyers of a steyr aug, would be the same ones interested in the 550.

posted by Xenogy
I think potential AUG buyers would look at the FS-2000 first, but I think it's just too bulky unlike the AUG.

The SIG line of rifles is old technology. It came to the US too late and I'm no longer impressed.

There have been a lot of polls taken around hear, and the sig550 series of rifles is pretty highly regarded, along with the steyr aug, they are 1&2,  on many wish lists. Its still one less high-end gun on the market, which equals less competition for Sig, or FS, which ever you choose. IMO Treeman
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IM from Cloak-n-carbine:

If you're not referring to me with your last post, I apologize. However, if you are, then go fuck yourself. Again, if, and only if, you are referring to me, then I'm compelled to tell you to suck my ass if you deem me a "child" for putting my firearm wants ahead of my nationalistic/patriotic interests. You don't know me, nor do you know what I've done in my life or for my Country, so take a couple steps back, breath deep, and re-assess your grounds before spouting off at the keyboard. If this is off base, or if I mis-interpreted what you said in your last post, then disregard the above

Are you mental?  

Nope, not mental at all.  Just not appreciative of your comment relative to how "some of the children on here could care less about what is going on in the world today, as long as they get their new toy", directly after my post expressing my disappointment in the growing difficulty of getting gun parts and accessories for my AUGs, as if to be calling my patriotism, etc. into question.  I issued the disclaimer that if I misunderstood you, then please disregard my rant, AND I IM'd you with it to commo mano-a-mano, but if you'd rather do it here and now, then feel free to elaborate.  Again, if I mis-read what you said, then accept my apology in advance.  If I'm on point with it, then refer to the bold directions above.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Well, you were somewhat mistaken.  I was not refering to you specifically, just making a general statement about some of the U.S. haters that have chimed in.

Your statements have that psychotic, not-quite-in-touch-w/ reality, rageaholic, ovrereaction that you see in mental cases.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, you were somewhat mistaken.  I was not refering to you specifically, just making a general statement about some of the U.S. haters that have chimed in.

Your statements have that psychotic, not-quite-in-touch-w/ reality, rageaholic, ovrereaction that you see in mental cases.

Hey, thanks for the diagnosis....you gonna write some scripts up for me next????  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We sold Iran F14's, when the Shah(sp?) was in power and they were our ally, before the whole hostage crisis, etc.  Same with selling weapons to Sadaam.

This situation is different.  They sold them to Iran while Iran was noted as our enemy, and a threat to peace in the area, and a rogue nation similar to North Korea.  Those guns are on their way to, or in Iraq by now, in the hands of terrorists shooting at our troops.

Don't play stupid here.  Companies have to change and adapt to new laws or restrictions all of the time.  A sucessful company adapts and either changes products to meet the new requirements or shifts focus to new products.  You don't sell weapons to enemies, and claim you had no other choice.

Yes, the F14s were sold during the Shah era.

However, the Iran-Contra arms sales to Iran happened after the hostage crisis, during the Khomeini era. Iran was no more our ally then, than they are now.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you're referring to me, you're dead wrong.

Do you want to see my USMC DD214, with GWOT Expeditionary medal and Combat Action Ribbon from Afghanistan? How about my current USARNG ID card?

Disagreeing with the Steyr sanctions doesn't make me a "liberal" or a "U.S. hater".
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Off topic, has anyone else had connectivity issues, or very slow downloads from arfcom?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're referring to me, you're dead wrong.

Do you want to see my USMC DD214, with GWOT Expeditionary medal and Combat Action Ribbon from Afghanistan? How about my current USARNG ID card?

Disagreeing with the Steyr sanctions doesn't make me a "liberal" or a "U.S. hater".

Be careful of what you say, STG77, you might get diagnosed with para-psychotic-ordnance-disenfranchisement-socio-anger-rage-a-holic-disorder  .   BTW, I laud you for you service.........thank you for your sacrifice....despite your affinity for the AUG.  Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
There is nothing to stop Steyr or another company from doing business with iran. But equally there is no reason why Uncle Sugar should allow them to do business on his turf.

Simon
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Little confused on the above issues.  So, if the AUG and AUG parts are banned from import, no matter by 89 or other sanction, how will this matter if the AUG is producted in the USA on Steyr machines in the USA?

Iso
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:44:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are in bed with Iran.

Yea, heaven forbid a company tries to make money.

Or sell weapons to a country of muslim Jihadists who proclaim world domination of the muslim faith.

You can't honestly tell me that the only buyer for thier weapons was Iran, I understand a company must make money but a company must also play nice on a political scale if it is to become successful.

They saw a small profit window and took it. Now they may lose out because they did. They may lose thier foothold in the american market.

Oh Well, too bad so sad.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No spoken like someone who doesn't drink the kool aid.
We sold F14s to Iran.
We sold nerve gas to Iraq.

I could care less about Steyr, or any of this multi page post, generally.  I looked at buying a Qualified pack and an Aug, but haven't done it yet.

However, TD308, you are full of CRAP!!  We do not, nor have not sold nerve gas to Iraq, or anyone, if ever, in the last 30 years.

You are an IDIOT!!!!  And a LIAR!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We sold F14s to Iran.

I could care less about Steyr, or any of this multi page post, generally.  I looked at buying a Qualified pack and an Aug, but haven't done it yet.

However, TD308, you are full of CRAP!!  We do not, nor have not sold nerve gas to Iraq, or anyone, if ever, in the last 30 years.

We are one of the biggest weapons dealers in the world. We are currupt, and rotting from the top down.  Really, how can anyone defend the actions of this nation anymore? Everything that is done by polititions now is calculated to benefit them or their friends in the biggest way possible.  Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to say we should turn Iran in to a glass factory.  But this country is got some serious cleanup to do before it ever returns to what it was founded on.

bp
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Steyr has a production facility in Georgia and from what I have heard from a friend of mine who works for a large distributor (ACCUSPORT), they will be tooled up and producing the AUG again for civilian sales before the end of the year.

Funny, since Steyr-Mannlicher's rep at the booth yesterday said pretty much the exact opposite.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They are in bed with Iran.

That too.

Steyr seems to be in this weird little world politically right now...  I'm sort of wondering who's side they're going to come down.

In any case I sincerely doubt they'll come down on our side (as in American civilians) anytime soon if ever.  

I still don't know what they were thinking selling to Iran.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#18]
never mind
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We sold F14s to Iran.

Actually... the U.S. Dept. of Commerce approved for export to Iraq the sale of equipment to make pesticide. The end user agreement said this was for agricultural use; however, the reason that this equipment needs approval for export is that it is considered dual-use equipment that can be used to produce chemical weapons, such as nerve gas.

Germany and other Western European countries sold Iraq the pre-cursor chemicals to make their chemical weapons, but the weapons themselves were manufactured on U.S. equipment.

You can judge for yourself what you believe the U.S. govt.'s intention was in supplying that equipment to Iraq.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We sold F14s to Iran.

Actually... the U.S. Dept. of Commerce approved for export to Iraq the sale of equipment to make pesticide. The end user agreement said this was for agricultural use; however, the reason that this equipment needs approval for export is that it is considered dual-use equipment that can be used to produce chemical weapons, such as nerve gas.

Germany and other Western European countries sold Iraq the pre-cursor chemicals to make their chemical weapons, but the weapons themselves were manufactured on U.S. equipment.

You can judge for yourself what you believe the U.S. govt.'s intention was in supplying that equipment to Iraq.

No, I'm not.
I just don't let little things like that slip "down the memory hole"
We have sold weapons to bad people because it suited our interests.
We put Saddam in power - was he a good guy then or something?
Of course not, Saddam has aleays been a bad guy.
Like someone said "He might be a son of a bitch, but he is our son of a bitch"
I'm not saying whether we were right or wrong.
I'm just saying Oceana has not always been at war with Eurasia.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We sold F14s to Iran.

We are one of the biggest weapons dealers in the world. We are currupt, and rotting from the top down.  Really, how can anyone defend the actions of this nation anymore? Everything that is done by polititions now is calculated to benefit them or their friends in the biggest way possible.  Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to say we should turn Iran in to a glass factory.  But this country is got some serious cleanup to do before it ever returns to what it was founded on.

bp

A bigger fool I have seldom seen, bp. If you want to contibute to American society at least learn to spell. People with your worldview confuse me so much..........
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#22]

A bigger fool I have seldom seen, bp. If you want to contibute to American society at least learn to spell. People with your worldview confuse me so much..........

I think thats Contribute, not contibute.

thedoctors308

I'm just saying Oceana has not always been at war with Eurasia.

Too bad few will understand what you meant by this sentence.  Im gonna go have a nice glass of Gin now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top