Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 8:11:48 PM EDT
Yesterday the weather here was pretty crappy do I decided to take my son to the local outdoor store to do some browsing. I have been thinking about buying a "large game" rifle for some time because the one thing missing from my collection is a "large bore" centerfire. I decided to check out the used guns. Not much to see there so we went to the main sales counter. I looked at some Tikkas and some Remingtons but then I saw a pretty nice Savage with a laminated stock. I asked to see it and noticed that it was marked Clearance. It was chambered in .300 WSM and I had some gift cards left over from Christmas so I said what the heck and bought it. I ended up walking out the door for just over $300.00 so I feel that I got a fair deal. I did a bedding job today using Steel Bed and I will be intalling a new trigger soon (this gun is pre accutrigger - which is fine because I have a SSS trigger on my .22-250 that I love. Anyway I am just trying to decide on some glass for this rifle. Not sure which way I want to go so if anyone has some suggestions for a scope and magnification range, I'm all ears.

Here is the pic!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:39:41 AM EDT
Awesome, Timberghost.

The 300 WSM is a kick-ass round and fits your bill alright.

and @ ~ $300, thats a great find

Congratulations!
Top Top