Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 8:11:48 PM EDT
Yesterday the weather here was pretty crappy do I decided to take my son to the local outdoor store to do some browsing. I have been thinking about buying a "large game" rifle for some time because the one thing missing from my collection is a "large bore" centerfire. I decided to check out the used guns. Not much to see there so we went to the main sales counter. I looked at some Tikkas and some Remingtons but then I saw a pretty nice Savage with a laminated stock. I asked to see it and noticed that it was marked Clearance. It was chambered in .300 WSM and I had some gift cards left over from Christmas so I said what the heck and bought it. I ended up walking out the door for just over $300.00 so I feel that I got a fair deal. I did a bedding job today using Steel Bed and I will be intalling a new trigger soon (this gun is pre accutrigger - which is fine because I have a SSS trigger on my .22-250 that I love. Anyway I am just trying to decide on some glass for this rifle. Not sure which way I want to go so if anyone has some suggestions for a scope and magnification range, I'm all ears.

Here is the pic!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:39:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome, Timberghost.

The 300 WSM is a kick-ass round and fits your bill alright.

and @ ~ $300, thats a great find

Congratulations!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top