Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:13:48 PM EDT
I was offered a deal on a firearm and accessories from a guy who needs cash. I don't know much about these guns and even less about  reloading. The is what he offered me:

NEF Survivor .308 with the heavy BBl
Tasco Mach 50 4x20x50
17 rds of 148 grain FMJ
A Lee Hand loader
100 rds of deprimed brass
Some other reloading supplies

All this for $250.00

I really have no idea what this stuff would be worth, however it looked like it would be fun to take to the range or slay some hogs with. Should I get it ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good deal to me, a local shop had one of those rifles used for 175 and I passed, then when I wanted it a couple days later it was gone.

Gotta get stuff while you can is my rule
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a good deal, if you've got the cash, grab it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I will, I have been wanting to take the leap and buy a savage or Remington bolt .308 for awhile now but just can't seem to spare the cash. For all I'm going to use it , a single shot would work just as well. I was thinking it would make a fun range, hog, SHTF type gun, especially with the reloading tools.

Also I have seen some "specialty Rds" for .308 that look like they would be fun to try , but I would not want to risk the $300.00 BBL of a nice bolt gun on them. I'll offer him $200.00 and work from there.

Anyone ever own or shoot one of the hvy. bbl. ones?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
IMHO that is a good deal,however unless you plan to reload very little,the lee handloader isnt the place to start.I am a fan of lee products,however have heard the handloaders are a PITA.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
GooD dEEEEAL
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:54:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#8]
SOG has them new for $187.  with tax+shipping+trasfer prob around $225.  i don't believe you're getting a great deal for a used rifle with very low end accessories.   i have thought about getting that same rifle (for a knock around behind the seat gun).  i have one of their heavy barrel .223, and it'll hold MOA fine out to the distances(300yd max for me) i use it with quality ammo.  i don't think you would be dissapointed with it even if you pay the $250.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top