Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:15:39 PM EDT
I have about 2500$ left to blow this month on toys.

I've narrowed it down to either

One galil 308 like new in box, pre-ban, pre-89, SA import.

OR

One inrange bulgy left folder Krink SBR and one AR pistol SBR.

I'm torn here.  Can only go with one or the SBR's.  What would you do?  Go for fun or future value?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Galil.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Future value?
Come on - thats BS.
No one, and I mean, no one, ever sells a gun that is worth something.
We love them too much.
Guys who own MGs?
When they sell their "investment" they use the money to buy another MG.

Go for what you will enjoy most.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
SBR's
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
come on you silly jew have some pride.  galil of course.  and if you want to spend any left over money after that, i always accept late hanukah gifts.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Go for the Galil, just because I want one
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Get whichever one you enjoy shooting more. There are much better things to invest in than guns if your purpose is to make money.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:33:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...and one AR pistol SBR.

Is that liek one of them el camino car trucks?

lol....which is it.... a pistol, or an SBR?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:52:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...and one AR pistol SBR.

Is that liek one of them el camino car trucks?

lol....which is it.... a pistol, or an SBR?

first pistol then SBR when paperwork goes through.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Look for a M11 full auto is the $2500 price range for future value..

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#10]
well I caved.  I'm gonna go with the galil and an AR pistol-then-SBR.  

I need to go on a diet anyway.  I could lose 100 pounds and still need to lose a couple to get healthy, so a couple of months shooting a two-ton gun and not having any money for food oughtta do it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I absolutely would love to have a Galil...(and every other evil rifle, for that matter!).  The more Shumer, Feinstein, Kennedy and that crowd hate it the more I want it!!!

With that said, I tend to buy guns that are not so collectible that I feel like I shouldn't shoot it.If you are going to buy a Galil just to put in the gun safe, I'd suggest buying a shooter instead.  If you are in that tax bracket where you can buy a $2500.00 preban and take it to the range, then go for it!  The Galil is one rifle with a high COOLNESS FACTOR.

I cashed out some prebans because they ended up being "safe queens"...but then again I'm not in a high tax bracket!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Im a big fan of the krinks.

me to
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
well I caved.  I'm gonna go with the galil and an AR pistol-then-SBR.  

I need to go on a diet anyway.  I could lose 100 pounds and still need to lose a couple to get healthy, so a couple of months shooting a two-ton gun and not having any money for food oughtta do it!

If you shoot it a lot you are hurting it's "investment" value.  Have a KB and your investment is scrapmetal.  I sold a Herstal FN FAL in 05 because I got tired of it sitting in the safe. Basically doubled my money.  Big deal.  In the  20 years  that rifle sat in the safe I could have made a 100 times that much doing about anything else [ buying and selling motorcycles or cars  etc ].
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Flip a coin. If you are happy with the result, buy that weapon. If you feel the urge to "do two out of three", buy the other weapon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Flip a coin. If you are happy with the result, buy that weapon. If you feel the urge to "do two out of three", buy the other weapon.

i do this with alot of my major decisions

im absolutly serious. i have moved on two seperate occasions based on the flip of a coin. whenever i cant decide on something, i flip a coin and apply the above rule.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top