Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:17:07 PM EDT
I've got one that I can't place. It's a Springfield Armory 1903, sporterized. The serial number places it in 1928 or 1929.  It has some Lyman aperture sight, and so I'm guessing that it may be one of the "NRA Sporters."

What's throwing me is: the barrel is marked "Golden State Arms 1942." Has anyone ever seen this before?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's what little I know...Golden State Arms was a barrel manufacurer in WW2, they also made many barrels for Enfields which were sold to Canada and England...it is not unusual to find an Enfield #5 with a Golden State barrel.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's what little I know...Golden State Arms was a barrel manufacurer in WW2, they also made many barrels for Enfields which were sold to Canada and England...it is not unusual to find an Enfield #5 with a Golden State barrel.

IIRC they marked the barrels as a repo,,  so it would not be confused as an original,

on the left side of the barrel i think ,,

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Golden state arms did a lot of business in the 1950s. They built BM 59 clones under license from Beretta. They built 03A3s with GI parts with commercial receivers. they sold surplus arms. I never heard of them being around in 1942.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top