Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 12:19:34 PM EDT
Anybody know of a website, showing how to take it down and put it back together. Can the mag be taken apart, its full of crap and hard to load. Also a place that sells parts.

Also whats the best way of having it refinished, its scratched and marred in places?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Calico Light Weapons is STILL in business, and with the end of the Assault Weapons Ban, they're expanding.

To get manuals, which also show disassembly of magazines, contact them direct:
Calico Light Weapon Systems
1489 Greg Street
Sparks, Nevada 89431-5914
phone 1-775-358-6000, fax 1-775-828-5472.

For some good info on the Calico, see the "fan" site:
mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/calico.htm
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sell it and run away like the wind...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sell it and run away like the wind...

Ok ive had a chance to play with it for a while, why sell it and run? Have you owned one?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I did, and it was an excellent rifle.

The sole complaint I had was, the scope mount design requires removing the mount to disassemble the action for cleaning.

It was accurate, and extremely reliable.  Never had a stoppage of any kind.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps there were good ones and bad ones -- and I had a bad one. The POS would jam regardless of the type of ammo used, even when following the mag winding instructions to a "T". I sold it to a coworker, who ended up threatening me with a small claims lawsuit if I didn't refund his money. I took it back and eventually swapped it even in early '89 for a '78 Honda Civic to drive back and forth to work.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:03:54 AM EDT
[#6]
OK i will admit I've had some ftf issues, had to file the ejector it was worn down. But it is so cool i must make it work going to get a bi-pod and set it up like a belt fed to mow Zombie's with

Any place for cheaper mags i'm looking for 10 new styles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top