Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/11/2003 12:37:06 AM EDT
I just got a Headspacer Gauge , a field Gauge (i believe every AR owner should have one) It is supposedly a Colt Gauge but it didnt come with any instructions in the Packaging as to how to use it to check headspacing .
Does anybody knows how to use these things?

TIa, S-3
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:52:41 AM EDT
how can you make the statement "i think everyone should have one" and then not even know how to use it?

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:17:39 AM EDT
GO-GAUGE - used to determine adequate headspace. Chamber depth enough or oversized bolt.

NO-GO GAUGE - used to determine excess headspace. Chamber depth too much or undersized bolt.

FIELD GAUGE - used to determine overly excessive headspace due to chamber and bolt wear.

IIRC the bolt should not close on a field gauge
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:01:20 AM EDT
For a GO guage, it should sit in the chamber and the bolt should close.

NO-GO, bolt should NOT close. IIRC Field & NO-GO behave the same.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:54:03 AM EDT
Since no one asked whether you have a .223, 5.56 or Match chamber...everyone is wrong (except inferno715 who said exactly the same thing I thought when I read this post).

Check out the Maint. Forum where they have this link tacked: Headspacing
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:32:09 AM EDT
Well Inferno, Sorry to have bothered you, Sorry i posted on your Board, i guess i'll just go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:43:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Spiffy3:
Well Inferno, Sorry to have bothered you, Sorry i posted on your Board, i guess i'll just go elsewhere.

Great...........a pity party.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:02:22 AM EDT
I think I agree that everyone should have them, or at least know someone who has them.

I don't have any, yet, but I will just bug DaBunny or Tweak for some headspace checking assistance when required. :)
Top Top