Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Where's the love ??? [>(]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]
thats a nice lookin gun, wish I had one, um ...gotta go now
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just my opinion but you have got to do something about that major mis-match between the Colt gray and the Bushy black.  Other than that it looks good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Where's the love ??? [>(]

Lurking behind jealousy !!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
finally got a pre-ban 14.5"+phantom
Bushy M4 upper for my Colt

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17998

got the ARMS #40a from Adrenaline Arms
I plan on adding an Aimpoint & a VLTOR eventually

I'll show some love...

That's sweet!  I'm actually saving for that exact same upper!  Where'd you get yours?  I've got a PWA lower with nothing to play with.  I'm looking for a 14.5" M4a3 upper with a Phantom and ARMS#40.  I'll be mounting a Vltor on my other carbine and putting my 6pos on the PWA.

Nice shit Cnatra!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the club

I bought the ARMS swan sleeve, I forget it's designation (#38?) with the BUIS built in, the same length as the receiver's rails. I've got an Aimpoint M2 for mine, but...no good mount for it, yet.

Here's a photo of mine, without all the stuff on it:

EA lower, Bushmaster M4 stock, Colt Numbered-RAS M4 14.5" upper, with a Phantom tack-welded to it. Upper's got the sear cut and all. (I know, most uppers do, but it's kind of a rarity for a Colt )

I thought about getting a RAS for it...but ya know, there's only so much crap I'm going to hang off of it...the Aimpoint's enough.

Edited to add: Yes, I need to refinish the lower...that light grey just does not work with the black upper. I should give a call to Norell some day...
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just my opinion but you have got to do something about that major mis-match between the Colt gray and the Bushy black.  Other than that it looks good.

YES,  I was surprised at the contrast between the two.  
I'd like to get the Colt lower refinished but where should I send it ???
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's sweet!  I'm actually saving for that exact same upper!  Where'd you get yours?  I've got a PWA lower with nothing to play with.  I'm looking for a 14.5" M4a3 upper with a Phantom and ARMS#40.  I'll be mounting a Vltor on my other carbine and putting my 6pos on the PWA.

Nice shit Cnatra!

Actually I had been seriously considering ordering one of the DPMS uppers with the 1x7 barrel but honestly 90% of my ammo stash is 55gr or 62gr so I decided to go with a 1x9.
I just called Bushmaster up & asked if they had any M4 barrels in stock, to my shock & amazement they did, so the credit card took the hit & the wife got mad!  

I'm actually surprised at how light this is compared to my dissipator upper.  Even lighter than the post ban 16" M4gry.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
YES,  I was surprised at the contrast between the two.  
I'd like to get the Colt lower refinished but where should I send it ???

John Norrell Arms does some wonderful work, from what I've heard. Their Moly-Resin finishing looks awesome, and is apparently a dead-on match for the black that's used on the uppers.

That's where I'm going to send my lower, when I get the chance...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
[John Norrell Arms does some wonderful work, from what I've heard. Their Moly-Resin finishing looks awesome, and is apparently a dead-on match for the black that's used on the uppers.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
so the credit card took the hit & the wife got mad!  

Don't I know it too.  Found a Dissy set up I've been thinking about.  Jumped on it, didn't have the cash on hand so I used the .... credit card.  I'm paying it off next week, but she flipped when she saw Hokie's favorite store on the cc statement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top