I plan on adding an Aimpoint & a VLTOR eventually
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:29:37 PM EDT
comparison with my post-ban RRA M4gry

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:39:31 PM EDT

Where's the love ??? [>(]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:53:02 AM EDT
thats a nice lookin gun, wish I had one, um ...gotta go now
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:55:29 PM EDT
Just my opinion but you have got to do something about that major mis-match between the Colt gray and the Bushy black. Other than that it looks good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:46:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cnatra:

Where's the love ??? [>(]

Lurking behind jealousy !!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:49:23 PM EDT

finally got a pre-ban 14.5"+phantom
Bushy M4 upper for my Colt

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17998

got the ARMS #40a from Adrenaline Arms
I plan on adding an Aimpoint & a VLTOR eventually

I'll show some love...

That's sweet! I'm actually saving for that exact same upper! Where'd you get yours? I've got a PWA lower with nothing to play with. I'm looking for a 14.5" M4a3 upper with a Phantom and ARMS#40. I'll be mounting a Vltor on my other carbine and putting my 6pos on the PWA.

Nice shit Cnatra!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:14:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2003 4:16:03 PM EDT by Evil_Ed]
Welcome to the club

I bought the ARMS swan sleeve, I forget it's designation (#38?) with the BUIS built in, the same length as the receiver's rails. I've got an Aimpoint M2 for mine, but...no good mount for it, yet.

Here's a photo of mine, without all the stuff on it:

EA lower, Bushmaster M4 stock, Colt Numbered-RAS M4 14.5" upper, with a Phantom tack-welded to it. Upper's got the sear cut and all. (I know, most uppers do, but it's kind of a rarity for a Colt )

I thought about getting a RAS for it...but ya know, there's only so much crap I'm going to hang off of it...the Aimpoint's enough.

Edited to add: Yes, I need to refinish the lower...that light grey just does not work with the black upper. I should give a call to Norell some day...
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:27:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 00_buckshot:
Just my opinion but you have got to do something about that major mis-match between the Colt gray and the Bushy black. Other than that it looks good.

YES, I was surprised at the contrast between the two.
I'd like to get the Colt lower refinished but where should I send it ???
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:29:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hokie:

That's sweet! I'm actually saving for that exact same upper! Where'd you get yours? I've got a PWA lower with nothing to play with. I'm looking for a 14.5" M4a3 upper with a Phantom and ARMS#40. I'll be mounting a Vltor on my other carbine and putting my 6pos on the PWA.

Nice shit Cnatra!

Actually I had been seriously considering ordering one of the DPMS uppers with the 1x7 barrel but honestly 90% of my ammo stash is 55gr or 62gr so I decided to go with a 1x9.
I just called Bushmaster up & asked if they had any M4 barrels in stock, to my shock & amazement they did, so the credit card took the hit & the wife got mad!

I'm actually surprised at how light this is compared to my dissipator upper. Even lighter than the post ban 16" M4gry.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:02:12 PM EDT

YES, I was surprised at the contrast between the two.
I'd like to get the Colt lower refinished but where should I send it ???

John Norrell Arms does some wonderful work, from what I've heard. Their Moly-Resin finishing looks awesome, and is apparently a dead-on match for the black that's used on the uppers.

That's where I'm going to send my lower, when I get the chance...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:38:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
[John Norrell Arms does some wonderful work, from what I've heard. Their Moly-Resin finishing looks awesome, and is apparently a dead-on match for the black that's used on the uppers.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:10:59 PM EDT

so the credit card took the hit & the wife got mad!

Don't I know it too. Found a Dissy set up I've been thinking about. Jumped on it, didn't have the cash on hand so I used the .... credit card. I'm paying it off next week, but she flipped when she saw Hokie's favorite store on the cc statement.
Top Top