Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 12:36:30 AM EDT
Is Accuracy International any good? Are their rifles worth the money? Please share your experiences with them and pics of your own.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
 I held one once......had to get away so as to not drop 4200 bucks....this was a while bacl obviously....I really wanted that rifle.  Still want one in 300 win mag.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they're amazing rifles.  Way more amazing than me.  I can't shoot as good as a Remington 700P, so I don't really see the need to drop that kind of coing on an AI.
If you've got the coin, and the need, and the skill, I say go for it.  But they are pretty specialized rifles for a pretty specialized purpose.  For me, owning one would be more about saying I own one than owning it because it does it's job so well.  YMMV
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I guy I know bought one in .308 about 2 months ago.  He said he was shooting .5" 5 shot groups with military surplus ammo.  I don't know him real well, so I cannot say that this is true.  But, I have read enough about them to know that this wouldn't be unheard of.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to shoot the AWP all the time, but do so less now.  I can still sometimes kill maybe half a team of terrorists without reloading, if I'm lucky.

Seriously, anything AI makes is kickass, they don't make anything that's crap.  On the contrary, the question you should ask yourself is whether YOU, at your skill level, will shoot better with a $10,000 AI than with, say, a $5,000 Dakota Arms Tactical Longbow, or, say, the FN PGM rifle CMMG has up for sale for $7,000:

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976317420.htm

Only you know your skill level and your true requirements.  Will you be able to utilize the extra accuracy of, say, an AWP vs. the PGM, to the extent that an extra $3,000 cost up front would be worth it to you?  You can handload or buy ALOT of match grade ammo for three grand...
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
doesnt the british special forces or something use AI rifles?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a documentary on the History Channel awhile ago on the Brit Army sniper teams, each man is issued a .338 Lapua AI.  Seeing 40 of them in a row on the firing line, all barking at random intervals, gave me a big stiffy.  But I digress.  Yes they are used by the Brits and to good effect.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an Accuracy International AE and it is the most accurate firearm I've ever shot.

My bio pic is me shooting it.

Here's some 1/4 inch 100 yard groups.  It will do this all day, including the cold barrel shot.  Get one, if you can.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
i saw a couple on gunbroker.com . they are pretty expensive.if i had about 2,000 to 5,000 laying around i would get a .50, but thats just me
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered an AE, $2400 delivered with the adjustable cheek piece. I can't wait to try it out..  :)

Hmm.. what should I put on it? Schmidt & Bender perhaps?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just ordered an AE...Hmm, what should I put on it? Schmidt & Bender perhaps?

That'd be a good choice. A Mk4 M1 would work too, and look damn good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow, ok they are alot more affordable than I thought.  The MSRP on their official site is WAY up there, that's where I was getting my figures from.  I'd say a NIB example would be well worth the $2500, no doubt!

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Without the adjustable cheek piece I could have gotten it delivered for $2200.00. That sure is affordable.. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top