Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2003 3:09:32 AM EDT
I have a G3 sporter muzzle was installed wrong tipped a 1/16th of a inch now all the thing does is jam tried different mags ammo cleaned the heck out of it some rounds will kick out good or they will get trapped in between the bolt and the port or jammed in with the new round. Can this be cleared up or are they just expensive junk?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You get what you pay for...CIA guns are hit and miss, a lot of time 'miss'.  Send the gun back to CIA & it should be fixed or replaced.  

I don't have experience with CIA semi's, a bolt action M1944 of mine had to go back for replacement.  The second gun they sent is great. I wouldn't call them expensive junk, but a lot are medium-priced junk.  check that headspace wasn't adjusted by grinding on the bolt.

-hanko
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks hanko, how do you check the headspace, what exactly do you do? headbang.gif

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#3]
good information on g3 or cetmes can be found at www.cetmerifles.com, if you do a search there is a detailed explanation of how to check headspace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top