Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/24/2003 8:17:10 AM EDT
Been considering an Eagle Arms .308, E10TBM, 24" barrel, flat top, free-floated handguard, etc.

www.eagle-arms.com/index-old1.htm

Anyone have any first hand experience?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:07:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/24/2003 9:08:08 AM EDT by 5subslr5]
My first AR-10 was an Eagle Arms lower with a 10(T) upper. Loved that gun ! One of my brother's loved it even more, bought a 10A4 upper and now it's his favorite deer rifle. (

(Well, actually he let me buy the new upper. The boy did buy his own scope however - a used Simmons for something like $75 !! The thing (the scope) is actually pretty darn accurate out to about 250 yards which is farther than you're likely to shoot a deer in South Alabama.)
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:34:42 AM EDT
Thanks for the comments, 5subslr5.

Did you ever measure average groups? I'm looking for an accurate rifle. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:32:44 PM EDT
..can`t see any reason not to get eagle arms.......other than the chrome lining and lifetime warranty.....what i can tell you...the buffalo gun center had a ar10a2 last winter for 1100.....good price ...i thought it was an eagle....but no.....anyway..armalite is tops and you can`t go wrong.....just....i`m glad i got a carbine version.....after a hard days work....and a couple full magazines...it still can get a little heavy at the range.....all i have is a world class plus 4 power...(obsolete now)....put it on there to get started...but found no reason to replace it.....it`s a accurate little bastard....i`m not sure about the accuracy guarranty....check with the factory....there was (is?) on the armalite versions...not sure on the eagles....at least not as stringent maybe?.....my m15a2 std rifle has a n/m barrel on it.....armalite would`nt say too much on the phone......hhhmmmmm....good people......have fun....k.k....oh....you probably will not notice any accuracy difference between the carbine v/s rifle....in the ar10 anyway.......
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:15:43 PM EDT
Thanks for the comments, BlackandGreen.
Top Top