Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 4:00:40 PM EDT
Put some thin grips on my Kimber compact. I like them. Not as hand filling as the Wilsons, but I can get a solid grip on em'. The grip screw bushing threads were stripped so I had to "chase" the frame threads with a tap. Added a little red loctite and they're good to go.
Going to the range tommorow for a field test.

Used AlumaHyde II on this bbl extension (aluminum). I didn't bead blast the metal prior to finishing it, but I did de-grease it with carb cleaner. This is the dark Park. grey.
Takes a week to cure, but now its hard as a rock. I'll bet it holds up well.

And last but not least is my Labrador and my gopher gun, just because she's such a good girl and its a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have slim grips on all of my 1911s.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get those grips?  I think grips like that would look awesome on my Beretta Elite II.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where did you get those grips?  I think grips like that would look awesome on my Beretta Elite II.

Brownells.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top