Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 12:35:42 PM EDT
Took my new Sendra to the range today. It was new unfired.
Long story short, the disconnector wont allow the trigger to reset. If I use VERY light finger pressure on the trigger it will reset.
If I flick the trigger after a shot it will reset.
I put about hundred rounds thru it and managed to get it sighted in but it was a major PITA.
Once I figured out what was happening and how to shoot it I didnt bother for accuracy but tried to just run ammo thru it to break it in but no luck. Its still a single shot.
Should I just shoot it more or should I stone the disconnect?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
What about the trigger spring? If this is the same unfired safe queen you described in the other thread, could the spring be defective/"sprung"?

I am having a similar problem with a reduced power trigger spring at present.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont think the TS is at fault. Maybe the disconnect spring?
On my other AR's the trigger will reset no matter how slow I release it so the spring plays no part in the reset as long as it pulls the trigger all the way forward.
I just function checked the gun 'till my arms got tired and it started to get much better. Actually resetting about %50. I think it will fix itself with a few hundred more rounds and or some more manual cycling to break in the disconnector/hammer engagement.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Denny. I have a couple lower parts kits and various fire control spares I can try. I watched TV last night while function checking the rifle over and over to see if loosened up and it resets 90% of the time now.
The lower parts dont look too shoddy at first glance. At least they dont look as cheap as some Ive seen.
If I feel motivated today I'll swap them out.
Oh, and I noticed that under certain light the lower is an odd purple color. WTF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top