Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/1/2003 12:35:42 PM EDT
Took my new Sendra to the range today. It was new unfired.
Long story short, the disconnector wont allow the trigger to reset. If I use VERY light finger pressure on the trigger it will reset.
If I flick the trigger after a shot it will reset.
I put about hundred rounds thru it and managed to get it sighted in but it was a major PITA.
Once I figured out what was happening and how to shoot it I didnt bother for accuracy but tried to just run ammo thru it to break it in but no luck. Its still a single shot.
Should I just shoot it more or should I stone the disconnect?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:40:26 PM EDT
What about the trigger spring? If this is the same unfired safe queen you described in the other thread, could the spring be defective/"sprung"?

I am having a similar problem with a reduced power trigger spring at present.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:05:25 PM EDT
I dont think the TS is at fault. Maybe the disconnect spring?
On my other AR's the trigger will reset no matter how slow I release it so the spring plays no part in the reset as long as it pulls the trigger all the way forward.
I just function checked the gun 'till my arms got tired and it started to get much better. Actually resetting about %50. I think it will fix itself with a few hundred more rounds and or some more manual cycling to break in the disconnector/hammer engagement.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:50:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 4:52:01 AM EDT by dennysguns]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:57:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 7:00:02 AM EDT by captainpooby]
Thanks Denny. I have a couple lower parts kits and various fire control spares I can try. I watched TV last night while function checking the rifle over and over to see if loosened up and it resets 90% of the time now.
The lower parts dont look too shoddy at first glance. At least they dont look as cheap as some Ive seen.
If I feel motivated today I'll swap them out.
Oh, and I noticed that under certain light the lower is an odd purple color. WTF?
Top Top