Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone heard anything new on a release date or availability??
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto. I just want to see one! Gun companies should stop releasing this info so early, they could at least wait until they are in production...
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#4]

The CX4 may be an ideal platform for a suppressor - blowback action does not require recoil booster device, barrel protrudes for easy mounting of suppressor/threading.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The CX4 may be an ideal platform for a suppressor - blowback action does not require recoil booster device, barrel protrudes for easy mounting of suppressor/threading.

Ideal if you're a cop, live in a different country or if the AWB goes away.  Until then that's a post-ban semi-auto which means that us peasants can't attach a can to it.  

And that's really too bad because you're right about a can working well on that thing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Ruger PC9 which is rated for the hottest 9mm ammo. Does anyone know if the new CX4 can handle +P+ 9mm?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
It appears to be a easy parts-swap to convert from one cal to another.

www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20CX4_Storm/CX4_storm1.htm

CONVERTIBLE
The carbine is designed to be quickly converted from one caliber into another through a simple and rapid substitution of barrel, magazine and magazine adapter. Some conversions into other calibers also require the substitution of the breech bolt.

It uses the magazines of the standard-issue pistols

I see a new gun in my future.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I hear less about the Storm now than from 2 months ago.
I don't even think people are taking orders for them on Gunbroker anymore.

Does'nt look good.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#9]
If they dont come out with this thing, I am going to flip. My wife is so stoked about getting one, there is no way I could tell here that it wasnt going to happen. No way.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I e-mailed Beretta last week....

"Thank you for your interest in Beretta
products. The CX4 will be shipping the last  
quarter of this year. 9mm will be out  
first with others soon to follow.
This model will not be offered in California.
MSRP is $687."

I know this is no big help, but it's something.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#11]
When I spoke to one of the Beretta reps at the Ducks Unlimited show, he gave me the distinct impression that the CX4 didn't have much of a future.  With AR-based .223 carbines everywhere now, crowding into the LEO space, Beretta didn't think there was much of a market for a pistol caliber model.  

I think they've come too far with it not to release it and try to recoup some costs, but I have the feeling it will be a "get it while you can" kind of thing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the CX4 will be pretty damn cool.  If I can get one, and some 20 round mags, it would be a great gun for Tactical Carbine, as I will have a 9mm pistol soon for backup.  Then I can just use the same ammo, and order it in bulk.  

It's a very interesting looking weapon.  I hope they do become somewhat popular.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

" The CX4 will be shipping the last  
quarter of this year."

Well CRAP! I have had one on order for months and I thought they were due to be shipped by Sept.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]
They WERE due to be shipped in September......Beretta had better realize that the hype for this gun is growing old.  I have one on order as well if they ever come out.  To be honest, Im kinda gettin tired of waiting.

Steven
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Just saw a new 2 page add for the Storm in my newest issue of G&WLE. It would seem that Beretta wouldnt have spent all that money on adds if they didnt intend to bring it out, so maybe there is still hope.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Better be out B4 christmass!
If not, Santa is gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think they've come too far with it not to release it and try to recoup some costs, but I have the feeling it will be a "get it while you can" kind of thing.

I overheard an FBI guy talking to a Beretta rep at the Shot Show and he was told that the CX4 was not available in full-auto or burst. I would like one 'cause it's kinda cool, I can't see a big demand for them from LEOs, for the reasons Ken stated.

Cool!  A civilian only weapon for once!  Hey, there's an ad campaign for Beretta -- show an FBI agent go into a gun store, yes, we need a dozen CX4s, please.  Owner, I'm sorry, these are for civilians only.  You're not allowed to purchase or possess one of these.  FBI agent leaves, looking dejected.  Then a LEO with department letterhead comes in and she too is sent out empty handed.  Then John Q. Public goes in.  Hey, it's Civilian Only, you CAN purchase this.  He leaves, beaming, carrying a CX4 while the FBI agent and LEO mope outside...

It's too bad there aren't any TV ads for guns.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah I guess those FBI and LEO types will just have to live with those crappy old MP5's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Just pick up Guns and ammo today with a Storm reveiw.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#21]
i have an update on availability. i just put a deposit on a 9mm storm. my dealer (northwest armory, OR) says it will ship in October 2003, so i have less than a month to wait. the .40 and .45 versions won't be available till next spring. hope that helps. I CANT WAIT!!! i'll be getting mine with the foregrip and surefire light. i already have the optics waiting for it.

anyone have suggestions on where i can go online for hi-cap magazines???
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

try here:
http://www.kyimports.com/accessor4.htm#Mags

I want the 9mm anyway.
May I ask what you had to fork out??
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Can't wait to see one up close at a gun shop or the range. I'd buy one if they don't overprice them. I already have a 9mm OLY but,I think my wife would enjoy shooting the Beretta. BobK
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

try here:
http://www.kyimports.com/accessor4.htm#Mags

I want the 9mm anyway.
May I ask what you had to fork out??

thanks for the link. it's exactly what i was looking for.

as for price, the dealer couldn't give me an exact figure. i just talked with him today and he said "around $600". with the surefire light and the foregrip, i'm probably looking at about $900 total.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You know, the more I look at that pic, the more it looks like that CX4 he's holding doesn't have the thing connecting the back of the grip to the stock. Looks like a real pistol grip.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Could someone explane to me the reason for a carbine in a pistol caliber? Not trying to be a smart ass I just want to know what its desined to be used for? If your buying a carbine why not a rifle caliber.
And that gun looks sweet. Ive allready got a neos U22 on my list
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:25:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Comminality of ammo if you use a 9mm handgun. This allows someone on a budget to have a long gun and a handgun, and only have 1 caliber to buy to stock up on for rainy days.
Commonality of mags if you use a corresponding handgun in the Beretta line up.
Its great for small statured or recoil sensative folks like petite women (like my wife) or kids, or physical infirmities such as a bad shoulder, etc. Its a light gun with no recoil. Its plenty effective out to 100 yards.
Just a couple of reasons.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I've called Beretta USA several times.  In July, the rep said they would ship in August.  In August, she said early Sept.  I'm calling tomorrow, but I know she'll say Oct.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Would they put these out already. I keep saving up for one. Every time I get enough money, I read that there's a delay. So I end up spending the $$$ on something else. In the mean time, the safe is filling up.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been hoarding 20rd mags for it for several months, just glad they also fit my pistol!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Could someone explane to me the reason for a carbine in a pistol caliber? Not trying to be a smart ass I just want to know what its desined to be used for? If your buying a carbine why not a rifle caliber.

This is exactly the question Beretta is afraid too many potential customers are asking themselves.  

Me, I want a CX4 pretty bad.  But then again I think the M1 Carbine is an effective firearm with the right ammo, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I  just spoke with a Beretta USA rep.  Shipping to dealers POSSIBLY 4th quarter this year, maybe not until Jan-Feb 2004.  Apparently there are "production Difficulties."  Guess I gotta find a different gun to buy in the meanwhile  :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#33]
ASASFASFASFASFASFSAFSAF

WHSA?DSA??ASF?SA?F?

Why?

Oh well... I could buy a Compact ACOG...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is exactly the question Beretta is afraid too many potential customers are asking themselves.  

Me, I want a CX4 pretty bad.  But then again I think the M1 Carbine is an effective firearm with the right ammo, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

This is exactly what I said when I saw it.  I've never understood the need for a pistol caliber carbine.  I would rather go with an AR-15 or AK-74 variant.  It does incorporate a few good features but in the end if it is shoulder fired and can't penetrate body armor then I don't see the need.  It reminds me of a modern day UZI when I look at it.  Beretta should redesign it with a forward mounted magazine and chamber it for 5.56 using the M-16 magazine.  I would be in line if this was the case.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#35]
When I started this post I mentioned "Fun Gun"..I don't think this is going to replace any military arms or anything. I'm not penetrating body armor or shooting through barricades....I just think it would be a hoot at the range on some rabid pop cans.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#36]
If you want a cheap, reliable, light gun with little recoil to fire at an INDOOR, Pistol-caliber only range, then this is it. So in Essex County, NJ, where we have NO rifle ranges just pistol caliber ranges, you need one of these if you want a long-arm.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is exactly what I said when I saw it.  I've never understood the need for a pistol caliber carbine.  I would rather go with an AR-15 or AK-74 variant.  It does incorporate a few good features but in the end if it is shoulder fired and can't penetrate body armor then I don't see the need.  It reminds me of a modern day UZI when I look at it.  Beretta should redesign it with a forward mounted magazine and chamber it for 5.56 using the M-16 magazine.  I would be in line if this was the case.

I keep a .45 Camp Carbine for home defense; There are a couple of good reasons why.

Very Quiet & No Muzzle flash. The pistol cartridge fired from the 16in barrel is very quiet & Has almost no flash, If you ever fired a 5.56 rifle indoors in the dark you know what I mean.
Being Blind & deaf is not a good way to confront an attacker in your bedroom at night.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Love my Uzi, cheap and easy to supress, conversion is a snap if FA fire is important, cheap aftermarket mags are still plentiful (never had a feeding problem with any non-USA brand mags), a variety of barrel options (9mm, 357 SIG, 40 S&W, 45ACP, 22LR; threaded, 19.75", 16", 10", 8"; three lug MP5 barrel type, easy-to-use BFAs, ported barrels) that take a heartbeat to change out, meaning in a TSHTF scenario I've got a gun that'll easily take someone down 100m and digest a plethora of common calibers.

In an urban environment there isnt much my Uzi wont do that a full power rifle will, and eliminates the need for a pistol in a survival situation as its compact and easily concieled (i can sling mine across the small of my back and make it dissapear in a heavy coat) and can be fired, if absolutly vital, with one hand. Not to mention longer barrel, longer sight radius, etc etc...

Its the same reason why SMGs perservier in the age of the assault rifle. Personal choice.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top