Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/8/2003 1:07:38 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these and care to comment on it. Pics would be a plus(prefer the OD green one). I was thinking of getting a Mcmillan stock but they want over $600 for one!@!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:45:31 PM EDT
I'll email you a pic in the morning. I have the USS in OD green. Savage heavy barrel .308 with a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x mildot scope. I have not shot the gun yet. I like the stock it is big and heavy and feels good in my large hands...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:51:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chrishag:
I'll email you a pic in the morning. I have the USS in OD green. Savage heavy barrel .308 with a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x mildot scope. I have not shot the gun yet. I like the stock it is big and heavy and feels good in my large hands...

Appreciate it. Can't wait to check it out!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:33:46 PM EDT
Yaa I'm really happy with my O.D green stock for my Rem 700.Its very well built and is comfortable to shoot.It gets a lot of looks at the range too.People always think its an Accuracy International Stock from a distance.I got this one while I'm saving up for the Accuracy stock though.Lots of luck!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:01:59 PM EDT
I have a Savage 10FP-LE1 in an OD green Choate ultimate sniper stock. I really like the stock. Some may think its too heavy but thats one of the things I like most about it.

I like being able to adjust the harris bipod up or down along the T rail to get on target. Then use the knob on the buttstock to do the fine adjusting. This is a great feature for me since my hands shake pretty bad. It really helps alot. I can shoot 5 rounds in a 1/4" group at 100 yds with this rifle. I know thats not that great considering how alot of people on this board shoot but its not too bad with a stock rifle other than the sniper stock.

Also it comes with 2 cheek rest so you can choose the one best for you. That comes in handy since I have a 50mm objective scope and have to use the high rings.

The adjustable length of pull is nice since I'm a big guy and my arms being long its great to have a rifle I don't have to feel cramped when shooting.

I think you'll be very happy with the stock. Good luck with your purchase if you decide to get it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:19:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2003 4:22:47 AM EDT by chrishag]
pics inbound...tried to post them here but my photo host does not allow linking...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:56:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2003 8:56:43 AM EDT by Moondog]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:44:51 PM EDT
I got one on a 110 savage 25/06 with a 1.125 bull barrel ...the gun is just to damb heavy,yea it shoots fine ...its a tack driver
I sanded most of the stipplin off of it,even with the bedin blocks it had to be "glassed".
And when shootin of of the bi-pod the forarm likes to flex a little...
Its better than the 8$ factory stock but a far cry from a Mcmillin I been thinkin of gettin one of the new Mc's for it...so many guns so little money....
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:00:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:17:16 PM EDT
review on Snipercountry:
www.snipercountry.com/Choate.htm
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:56:39 AM EDT
the Plaster Disaster is about the worst friggin idea for a field stock that has EVER been invented...it's a really bad joke to say the least...HOWEVER.....it works pretty damn great on the bench and makes shooting heavy 300 Win Mag loads a breeze.

Top Top