Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2002 4:29:32 AM EDT
While carrying a Win M70 in the woods I noticed that the bolt handle has a tendancy to work its way up out of the fully closed position. Just a little (1/8" max) but enough to stop the saftey from disengaging (saftey won't go off if the bolt isn't FULLY closed). This isn't a good thing because if I need the saftey off, dammit, I need it off right then!
Checking to ensure that the bolt is fully down is getting old. I'd like to tighten it up so I don't have to worry about it. My other bolt guns are tight enough so its not an issue, but that damn M70 is just loose. Can Winchester tighten up the action or replace the bolt with a tighter fitting one? Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine does the same thing ... pain in the ass if ya ask me ... I only shoot it prone and at targets so it doesn't really get in the way ... but makes me wonder if that next shots gonna give me a black eye

how are the lugs on the bolt looking ?
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mine does the same thing ... pain in the ass if ya ask me ... I only shoot it prone and at targets so it doesn't really get in the way ... but makes me wonder if that next shots gonna give me a black eye

how are the lugs on the bolt looking ?

The lugs look fine. Its only got 50-60 rounds thru it. I'm sending it back to Winchester. Hope they make it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top