Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2002 2:48:19 PM EDT
Has anyone ever had any experienxe with these barrels?  I am thinking of replacing the barrel of my HOWA .270 with a SS bull barrel from them.  Their ad in SGN shows they go for about $240 installed.

If they aren't any good, then I would like opinions on other barrels for around the same price.

Jarhead94
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello. My cousin had a 700 Remington rebarrelled in .308 Win. a couple of months back. He's throughly satisfied with it/them. The .308 shoots great for what he spent, around or less than the $300 mark IIRC.
Best of Luck.
MM419
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Minuteman,

Which barrel contour did your cousin get?  I am wondering if the acuracy potential of my rifle (Howa 1500 .270) will increase with a bull barrel from them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I've rebarreled a few rifles with them, and have been quite satisfied.  Go for it.

Balming
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Shaw 16" stainless bull for my AR and It is very accurate out of the box.  I put 30 rounds through it during a break-in cycle and shot under 1/2 inch with a 62 grain Swiss surpluss load. Can't speak for other calibers.

"A GOOD SHOT MAKES A DEAD BAD GUY"
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#6]
It was the same configuration as what is standard on a Remington 700 ADL hunting rifle.
I know this because it was to fit the original barrel channel in the stock. IMO, it would be a different matter altogether if you were barrelling a target rifle. For a hunting rifle this should suffice. A stiffer heavier barrel should help the accuracy, it should whip less when fired, right guys? There are of course other things such as bedding, floating, trigger etc. that will influence accuracy also. What will the rifle be used for?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top