Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2002 7:58:21 PM EDT
A local shop said they'll get me one for $675 direct from Bushmaster.  The only ones I see around are on GunsAmerica for $700 used and $799 new.

There's one on Gbroker but his reserve doesn't seem to be any beter than this deal (tried a few "probing bids" on it)... what do you think?

I don't even know if BM has made any lately.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you handled one of them?  IMO they are heavy and awkward.  I haven't fired one just handled it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I've handled one and I thought it was cool.  I already have two AR's and an AK.  I'm looking for something different.

I've been all over Kurt's sight, and whenever the gun comes in (could be months) I'll be sending it off immediately to him.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Have you handled one of them?  IMO they are heavy and awkward.  I haven't fired one just handled it.

Why do people think the M17S is heavy?  I've never undestood this.

The M17S weights almost exactly the same as a 20" regular HBAR AR-15.  The difference is negligible.  The fact that it is shorter than an M-4 does not mean the M-4 is the relevant comparison.  Since the M17S has a 21" barrel, you actualyl should expect it to be heavier than a 20" AR.

raf is right that the balance is so good, that even if you think it is "heavier" it is well worth it.  You literally can shoot it one handed quite easily.

Keep in mind you will probably need to spend several hundred on a few modifications and optics.

Kurt is the man!

Here's mine.  I know, the handguard sucks (I made it myself and I'll make a better one soon).  I currenly have a light attached to the lower rail, but I can put any number of things there. The longer carry handle, with the lower, longer rail is really useful - and Kurt did a beautiful job).

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Should I buy it?  Should I?

NAAAAAAHHHHHH.....

I changed my mind.  Thanks for the opinions.  For the minimum mods I'd be paying KKF >$200.  I think I'll stick with my AR's
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever works for you.  It's easy for me to recommend it, since I got the most amazing deal on my M17S.  I got a LNIB for $400 - I have no idea why the store sold it for that low price, but I was just lucky I guess.  So with such a bargain, I felt like I could afford Kurt's mods.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top