Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2002 4:42:45 AM EDT
I've been wanting an 1100 for busting clay birds.
I found one at the gunshow this weekend.
It came with 2 barrels, a 28" and a 20" deer barrel with rifle sights.
The 28" is an older type without the "Remchoke" interchangeable choke tubes.
The gun is glossy blue and the wood is hi- gloss also.
It looks like it's in excellent condition.

I figure a gunsmith can cut the barrel to accept the Remchokes.
With the second barrel, I might put my trusty 870 aside this deer season.
What do you think is a fair price for this gun?
I paid $335

Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:02:32 AM EDT

Good buy. I bought a used one this summer, one 28" modified bbl. like yours, paid $285. You got a very good deal... fullclip

Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:08:15 AM EDT
And just in time for dove season. Is Opening Day where you live next Sunday? Make haste to your local gunstore and get some 3 1/4 dram, 1 1/8 oz #8 field loads. And an afternoon's practice before you hit the field.

Arock
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:21:12 AM EDT
Make sure your gunsmith has experience in fitting choke tubes. I work at a shop and we send all of ours out to Briley to have them done. The problem with this is is cost more for the work than buying a new barrel from Remington.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:26:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 9supercomp:
Make sure your gunsmith has experience in fitting choke tubes. I work at a shop and we send all of ours out to Briley to have them done. The problem with this is is cost more for the work than buying a new barrel from Remington.

I agree with this. It is a much better idea just to buy the new remington 1100 barrel with the chokes. Probably cheaper too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:37:41 AM EDT
Some rem barrels will not let you put Rem chokes in them due to the wall thickens. If you want to have this done (by a Remington warranty center not just a Joe-Blow shop or even a Remington dealer.. but a real warranty center drop me a line. Dave
Top Top