Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/31/2002 5:47:16 PM EDT
There is a Bushmaster for sale in a local gunshop that I really want, Its brand new,but it's in a strange configuration, It has an A3 upper with the minirisers, like on the varminter, it also has the V match vented tubular free floating forend like the Varmiter, but it has a 20" stainless barrel no brake, it also has the tactical, sniper style grip, and an A2 stock

Im not sure if it has a regular or two stage trigger, but the guy says it came from bushmaster that way, all this for $886, this guy sells guns for his price + $10,

Sounds like a good price, has anyone seen a configuration like this NIB before?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:51:43 PM EDT
I have not, but if it's original from Bushmaster, the price sounds right.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:33:32 PM EDT
The only thing I found was this:

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2s20ss.asp
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:37:42 PM EDT
I have seen some pretty queer Bushmasters in my local shop that are definately not in the catalog.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:22:50 PM EDT
Beware-it sounds like an American Spirit Frankengun build-up!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:55:30 AM EDT
Not saying that it is, but it is very possible that it is a frankengun AR that he (or someone else) built.

I was almost duped by a guy who was doing that localy. He had who know's what kind of uppers on Bushmaster lowers, but was representing them as complete Bushmasters. I almost bought it until I looked at the barrel and noticed it had no markings. Of course this was a 20" HBAR so it as a little easier to tell.

I'd call Bushmaster and ask them about it. Also, did it come with a Bushmaster hardcase, and site in targets? Factory Bushmasters usually come with those, as well 10 round mags.

I'd definitely check it out more before I payed that kind of money for it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:16:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI:
Not saying that it is, but it is very possible that it is a frankengun AR that he (or someone else) built.

I was almost duped by a guy who was doing that localy. He had who know's what kind of uppers on Bushmaster lowers, but was representing them as complete Bushmasters. I almost bought it until I looked at the barrel and noticed it had no markings. Of course this was a 20" HBAR so it as a little easier to tell.

I'd call Bushmaster and ask them about it. Also, did it come with a Bushmaster hardcase, and site in targets? Factory Bushmasters usually come with those, as well 10 round mags.

I'd definitely check it out more before I payed that kind of money for it.

Ill have to look at it more closely, yes it did come with a hardcase and site in targets, and a factory 10 round mag, The grip, upper, and freefloaters were definatly Bushmaster, I didnt look at the barrel vety closley, Im not sure if a stainless barrel would be stamped, I wish I had a picture, It is a sweet looking gun,

Picture the nuw Bushmaster Varmiter, just with a Stainless (non fluted) 20" barrel and the sniper style grip, otherwise it is EXACTLY the same.

Top Top