Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2002 5:47:16 PM EDT
There is a Bushmaster for sale in a local gunshop that I really want, Its brand new,but it's in a strange configuration, It has an A3 upper with the minirisers, like on the varminter, it also has the V match vented tubular free floating forend like the Varmiter, but it has a 20" stainless barrel no brake, it also has the tactical, sniper style grip, and an A2 stock

Im not sure if it has a regular or two stage trigger, but the guy says it came from bushmaster that way, all this for $886, this guy sells guns for his price + $10,

Sounds like a good price, has anyone seen a configuration like this NIB before?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not, but if it's original from Bushmaster, the price sounds right.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The only thing I found was this:

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2s20ss.asp
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen some pretty queer Bushmasters in my local shop that are definately not in the catalog.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Beware-it sounds like an American Spirit Frankengun build-up!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Not saying that it is, but it is very possible that it is a frankengun AR that he (or someone else) built.

I was almost duped by a guy who was doing that localy. He had who know's what kind of uppers on Bushmaster lowers, but was representing them as complete Bushmasters. I almost bought it until I looked at the barrel and noticed it had no markings. Of course this was a 20" HBAR so it  as a little easier to tell.

I'd call Bushmaster and ask them about it. Also, did it come with a Bushmaster hardcase, and site in targets? Factory Bushmasters usually come with those, as well 10 round mags.

I'd definitely check it out more before I payed that kind of money for it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not saying that it is, but it is very possible that it is a frankengun AR that he (or someone else) built.

I was almost duped by a guy who was doing that localy. He had who know's what kind of uppers on Bushmaster lowers, but was representing them as complete Bushmasters. I almost bought it until I looked at the barrel and noticed it had no markings. Of course this was a 20" HBAR so it  as a little easier to tell.

I'd call Bushmaster and ask them about it. Also, did it come with a Bushmaster hardcase, and site in targets? Factory Bushmasters usually come with those, as well 10 round mags.

I'd definitely check it out more before I payed that kind of money for it.

Ill have to look at it more closely, yes it did come with a hardcase and site in targets, and a factory 10 round mag, The grip, upper, and freefloaters were definatly Bushmaster, I didnt look at the barrel vety closley, Im not sure if a stainless barrel would be stamped, I wish I had a picture, It is a sweet looking gun,

Picture the nuw Bushmaster Varmiter, just with a Stainless (non fluted) 20" barrel and the sniper style grip, otherwise it is EXACTLY the same.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top