Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 9:04:20 PM EDT
My buddy picked up an upper last weekend at a show.  It had a GI surplus upper receiver.  It also had a new CAR type 16" barrel marked 556 SUM.  No other markings.  Does the SUM stand for Stainless Ultra Match?  Does anyone have information on a barrel marked SUM?  Twist rate?  Any ideas or information would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You might try contacting Tom Spithaler for assistance.  He is quite helpful.

Made me laugh so hard my owce cream sammich came out my nose. THAT HURT!!!!

Scott

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked a simple question (I thought politely) to the general Ar15.com population. He crawled me about sending $25 to OlyArms to get the history of my rifle, even though my serial number is in the "records destroyed in the fire" range. Just asked simply this: "How can I guage the twist rate of my barrel?"

Scott

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top