Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/17/2002 12:35:02 PM EDT
Who makes the best trigger and firing replacement parts for the AK? My SAR1 slaps the hell out of my finger.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:40:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2002 12:42:47 PM EDT by drjarhead]
Redstar Arms, hands down. Nobody has a better trigger that I know of although the chicom triggers are good. Fire control group from Redstar will run $80 IIRC. You won't be disappointed.

They advertise on this and the ak site.

www.redstararms.com
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:02:38 PM EDT
I had a chance to try the RSA trigger at Bulletfest and was surprised at how nice a trigger this was for the price tag. Fully adjustable for both weight and travel.

I have the RSA trigger but no AK yet, Ak should be on the way but I had to have the RSA trigger for whatever I bought.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:27:50 AM EDT
I totally agree on the reccomendation about the Red Star Arms trigger. I installed one in my SAR-2 and it is incredible.

I know its kinda hard to justify spending $80 on a $300 rifle. There is a cheaper way to fix the trigger slap problem, in fact its free if you do the work yourself.

All you need to do is remove a bit of metal from the bottom of the disconnector where it hits the trigger.
If you want I can email you a picture of what needs to be done or you can do a search over at the AK forum and find the info there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:13:03 PM EDT
Thanks for the replys, I will probably just buy the new parts because I'm not much of a do-it-yourselfer. I'd rather just throw money at the problem to make it go away.
Top Top