Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2002 12:35:02 PM EDT
Who makes the best trigger and firing replacement parts for the AK?  My SAR1 slaps the hell out of my finger.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Redstar Arms, hands down. Nobody has a better trigger that I know of although the chicom triggers are good. Fire control group from Redstar will run $80 IIRC. You won't be disappointed.

They advertise on this and the ak site.

www.redstararms.com
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a chance to try the RSA trigger at Bulletfest and was surprised at how nice a trigger this was for the price tag. Fully adjustable for both weight and travel.

I have the RSA trigger but no AK yet, Ak should be on the way but I had to have the RSA trigger for whatever I bought.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I totally agree on the reccomendation about the Red Star Arms trigger. I installed one in my SAR-2 and it is incredible.

I know its kinda hard to justify spending $80 on a $300 rifle. There is a cheaper way to fix the trigger slap problem, in fact its free if you do the work yourself.

All you need to do is remove a bit of metal from the bottom of the disconnector where it hits the trigger.
If you want I can email you a picture of what needs to be done or you can do a search over at the AK forum and find the info there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replys, I will probably just buy the new parts because I'm not much of a do-it-yourselfer.  I'd rather just throw money at the problem to make it go away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top