Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2002 9:23:24 PM EDT
We all know before the "Stupid Law Sunsets"
the Stupid government will put something in
its place, better or worse we all will have to
see, My question is, around this time next year
I will be selling my current home and will walk away with a good chunk of money, after buying
a new home, there will be some money left for me to use as I see fit (By the Authority of the four letter word "wife" ), would it send alarm
bells to the ATF, If I purchase aprox 5 AR-15's
for myself to have just in case they get stupid with another law like they did in '94, I don't want the ATF walking in at 3AM and scaring the hell out of my wife and kids !
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
(snip....) I don't want the ATF walking in at 3AM and scaring the hell out of my wife and kids !

I think it is their current practice of holding you hostage in your own home and then killing your wife, maybe even your kids, and then leting you go finally deciding that they were wrong.  Good luck

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:07:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure, you will get to personally meet Lon Horiuchi....from about 100 yards anyway.

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it.  Espescially if you already know one of the gun dealers in your area so he won't look at ya funny.  

How about 1 AR and a Barret 99 instead?  Get that .50 before they go bye bye.

Mike

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If you buy those ARs from a FFL holder, his local BATF office gets a copy of your "Multiple Purchase Form". Basically, it's a short version of the 4473 particulars: brands, models, calibers & serial #s.

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it. Buy 'em if you got 'em!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Of course, not to be paranoid but you could 'spread your purchases around'.  Buy from non-FFL dealers via private party sale whenever possible.

It will take longer than driving down to "Guns R Us" and taking 5 black beauties home, but you may feel better in the long run.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you buy those ARs from a FFL holder, his local BATF office gets a copy of your "Multiple Purchase Form". Basically, it's a short version of the 4473 particulars: brands, models, calibers & serial #s.

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it. Buy 'em if you got 'em!

=============================================

thats why if'n yer a gonna buy a bunch of AR-15s, ya buy'm from a bunch of places across the U.S.,
i did !!

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Of course, not to be paranoid but you could 'spread your purchases around'.  Buy from non-FFL dealers via private party sale whenever possible.

It will take longer than driving down to "Guns R Us" and taking 5 black beauties home, but you may feel better in the long run.

Non FFL dealers? Hoo yeah, where can I find some of those?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top