Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/24/2002 2:58:40 PM EDT
My local gunshop has a Vietnam commorative AR15 that is factory "pimped out" for 1295.00. Its 98% and painted a shiney black with gold inlay.
Its a rather sad sight to see.

I don't know much, but I think that prices on standard preban bushmasters have out surpassed the commoratives. I toyed with the Idea of buying this one and trying to "depimp" it. But Its a little too much at 1295.00 to do it. Am I wrong? Do these wall hangers really have a market?
If any of you are interested in it email me for the contact info.

***No disrespect is intended to Vets by this post. Thank you for your service.***
I wasnt there but I believe that a more fitting memorial might be a standard ar with a jane fonda target downrange and a few hundred rounds of XM193.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:45:29 PM EDT
Man, that's one gaudy looking gun. All that's missing is the wide brim hat and the fur boa.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:31:40 PM EDT
FRO,
I have seen that rifle before. Are you in Greensboro? Where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:52:14 PM EDT
hg112,
Yup, its at cherrys. McLeansville, actually. I havent been to any of the ranges around here. I shoot at an 80 acre farm in Randolf county. I need to check into the ranges though, where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:17:34 PM EDT
I shoot rifles at DPRC and pistols at Calibers indoor range.

Cherry's is a cool place, I use them for transfers, but them don't exactly give their stuff away. Their stuff is higher than most everyone else. Still, I've bought a few guns from them. Great service, very professional. Not your typical gun store.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:21:15 PM EDT
Oh, about the rifle. I looked at it and thought "Who the hell would pay &1300.00 for that?" I didn't know at the time it was a preban. I can't say my opinion has changed much.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:49:30 PM EDT
id buy it but not for 1300. just change the upper,pistol grip and butstock. i can live with the engrave gob on the lower. but a gold plated flashider ick.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:12:55 PM EDT
Crow, that thing is tacky! You'd spend more money on it trying to de-pimp it. The one good thing about it (& I might be mistaken) is being a commenorative is that you could buy it thru the mail if you had a C&R ffl.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:52:46 PM EDT

I wasnt there but I believe that a more fitting memorial might be a standard ar with a jane fonda target downrange and a few hundred rounds of XM193.

Add a target of Robert B. McNamara and LBJ while you're at it. They did more damage than Jane Fonda ever conjectured up herself.

themao
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:55:55 PM EDT
Oh yeah, and I forgot to add. I think the gun is pretty. The foam looking handguard could go though. A standard one would have done just fine.

themao
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:37:02 PM EDT
didn't Colt make one of these also ?

hell man i'll buy it just to make shure no one ever sees it again, being as it's a pre=-ban !!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:56:27 PM EDT
Criminy! Even the magazine is laquered black!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:48:19 PM EDT
Hello,

FRO
CK your mail ,need info on the dealer
Thanks
TS2
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:20:57 AM EDT
Contact info sent Goodluck!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:01:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2002 2:03:00 PM EDT by CactusJack]
HAAAAAAA....!!! IT'S MINE ALL MINE !!!!!!

thanx for the heads up bro !! actually i got it for my wife......, in fact !! i bought her a Colt VN comm. this afternoon, now she has two to cuddle & coddle, she will never allow them to be fired as long as she lives, but she said i can fire the Colt Carbine i am getting..., that is her compromise after i told her i was turning the VN Bushy into a shooter............

BTW: can you resize the photo ? i'd lyke to get a full length copy of it....
Top Top