Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2002 10:08:51 AM EDT
I am interested in finding a scope mount that tips over to one side to expose the iron sights for use.  Does such a mount exist?  If so any info on manufacturer would be great.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Mount that tips over?
No such thing (anymore).
Look into the A.R.M.S. #22 quick detachable rings. They're the only rings I've found (and I've tried many) that actually return to zero when your scope is removed and reattached.

Two thumb levers allow for quick detachment and reattachment. The rings are 30mm, but for a small up charge they offer inserts for 1" scopes.

I use them on my M1A and Stoner SR25. They're rock solid! You can buy them from Fulton Armory, Bushmaster etc. Here's a link to the PIC on the Bushmaster site.

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/arms22l.asp
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought they might exist on African game type rifles
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Pachmayr used to make such mounts, Weaver also, I think maybe the Weavers are still available through Brownell's. Also see these come up on Ebay from time to time, but many of them are quite dated, with 7/8" rings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top