Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 6/21/2002 5:08:02 PM EDT
Does anyone know an easy way to get the bottom off of a glock mag. It's plastic so I didn't want to push or pull too hard. Just thought there may be some trick, I'm trying to install a mag extension. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:26:24 PM EDT
If you look at the baseplate from the mag side, you will see a tab on each side of the mag body that keeps the baseplate in place.

You have to squeeze the mag body to get it off. I usually use a pair of pliers, with a pencil on each side to squeeze the right area and keep from scratching the mag.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:30:35 PM EDT
Since I spent my youth crushing bamboo stalks with my hands, I can manage to squeeze the Glock mag with my fingers and remove the floorplate. Most other mortals will need assistance...

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:37:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Grock:
Since I spent my youth crushing bamboo stalks with my hands, I can manage to squeeze the Glock mag with my fingers and remove the floorplate. Most other mortals will need assistance...

Well of course you have that option. I like to use pliers because I find I have better control that way. The first one I tried by hand and I squeeze too hard and broke the mag body - expensive mistake

I forgot to mention, some floorplates also have a button on the bottom that needs to be pressed in at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:41:32 PM EDT
try pressing in the botton on the bottom of the floorplate about 1mm, while pressing one of the rear corners of the baseplate downward (hard) on a hard surface.
always works for me.
Top Top