BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Remington Nylon 66.

I was born and raised on those EVIL plastic guns.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't remember the first couple times I shot a rifle, but I do remember getting my BB gun (Daisy) and, when I was little, being burned by a shotgun shell (Mossberg 500 I think). The first rifle that was bought for me was a Marlin .22LR. My brother had one of those bolt-actions shown earlier with the "Tommy Gun" grip. We always thought it looked so cool. The first center-fire rifle I shot was my uncle's Win. 30-30.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
My father started me out with his Remington 290. It's my son's now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Rem 700 ADL in .308 WIN
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Started with a Daisy Red Rider Saddle BB gun..  Real wood furniture..  Twenty Gauge Stevens at 12, lots of cheap guns in the 60s.  My first new rifle was a Remington 66 nylon in "Apache Black" and chrome..  It now belongs to my daughter..  My first centerfire rifle was a Remington 700bdl in 243..  The first real rifle I fired was at 17 in the National Guard, a Garand M1...  Time to quit..  I could get carried away reminiscing...
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Learned to shoot at 6 with a Winchester Model 61, which I still have.  When I was around eight I was allowed 1 shell at a time and could handle it myself.  At 10 I was given am Iver Johnson 12ga Single Barrel that was pure punishment.  "Graduated" to a Winchester Model 12 (which I also still have) and at 12 received my first centerfire, a Remington Model 14 in .35 Remington (also one that I still have).

I've started my children a bit differently, I bought a Remington 1100 Sporting in 28ga to instroduce wingshooting, and they get to start .22 on my Win 61 and a Marlin 2000.  

I've laid in a starter set for each child of a Russian SKS, an AR-15, a CZ-52, a Steyr-GB, a Ruger .22 Pistol, a Winchester Model 12, a Remington Model 14/141, a Steyr Scout and a Browning Auto .22.  They also will each get a Class-III from my stuff when they are old enough, though not all will get the same.  

I may be saddling them with my preconceived ideas in firearms, but even if I would predecease them I'll know that they were each affored the opportunity to start with good stuff.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:22:27 AM EDT
[#7]
First one I ever shot was a .22 Winchester 67 bolt. It had an unfortunate accident and I had it re-cut, re-crowned, new sights etc. for my dad (think it was either his B'day or Father's day last year).

Since then, I found another for $20

I've shot quite a few rifles and own several, but I don't think I'll ever catch up to the amount of rounds expended down-range that I've shot with these two rifles.
Looks like my son will be cutting his teeth on one or both of these as well!
The very first rifle of my own was a (gift)10/22, and the very first first rifle I ever purchased was a Colt AR15A2.
God Bless the Rifle!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:36:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine was a JC Higgens single shot .22 at the age of 9 yrs old......
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top