Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2002 6:23:09 PM EDT
www.botachtactical.com/aearcomarear.html

Anyone use these?  What decibel reduction do these offer?

I'm currently using 29 decibel reduction muffs and would like to use plugs again as they are much more convenient (and offer a greater cheekweld on a rifle).  But, I don't want to sacrifice much (or any) hearing protection to do so.

If the Combat Arms Earplug (CAE) can hold their own to some of the muffs out there, I'd probably at the very least use them for IDPA, where hearing what's going on around you is more important than general range work.

If anyone can provide more specific techical information about these CAE's, I'd appreciate it.  This is not an area that I'm all that familiar with.

TIA

EDITED 'cause I forgot the URL code.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been wearing Aearo (formerly Cabot Safety Corporation) earplugs daily at work in a noisy environment for the last 15 years.

Aearo
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They work, but they are still less effective than other ear plugs in the sonic valve mode, it soungs like a loud rap istead of boom, when you use the standard end they work real well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I like them the best over other valve types.  They are also more comfortable, made of a softer more plyable(sp?) material.  Being two side you can also use one valve in, one valve out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top