Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/29/2002 10:11:23 PM EDT
I just picked up a preban Colt A2 Sporter II. I have searched and found very little on the site about this Colt. It has a collapsible stock, colt, staked on, and a 16 inch pencil barrel. What are these worth in excellent condition you think. I paid $1350, is that good or average? Any info would be much appreciated.

Kentlik
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:50:49 AM EDT
Excellent choice of weapon. You didn't say what came with it. Goodies, mags, factory box, ect. Anyway, that price is very good for an R6420. Definately a keeper. Colt's hold their value very well and appreciate at a good rate.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:27:09 AM EDT
You got a great deal, lucky you. I have been looking for one just like yours for about 3 months and still nothing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:30:57 AM EDT
Sounds like a 6420 to me

Good find, great price, enjoy it

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:50:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnM:
Excellent choice of weapon. You didn't say what came with it. Goodies, mags, factory box, ect. Anyway, that price is very good for an R6420. Definately a keeper. Colt's hold their value very well and appreciate at a good rate.

Thanks for the responses. The goodies were not to bad. I got three Colt thirty rounders, two of which were '68 with emerald green followers, and three new 30's form OKAY, 1 set 1 inch scope rings, two steel forty rounders, and a 120 round new drum mag. Oh and a sling and a scope mount for carry handle. I didn't want the drum so I sold it for $225. Actually sold one of the Colt '68 for $40 bucks. I have seen such low prices lately I was afraid I paid too much. How much for a 20" bushy or 20" Eagle arms preban? Any ideas. Saw two of those lately.

Thanks again

Kentlik
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:59:29 PM EDT
wow. after you sold some of the extras you were only set back about a grand. i'd say you did very good!!! you bastard! j/k
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:10:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By durk:
wow. after you sold some of the extras you were only set back about a grand. i'd say you did very good!!! you bastard! j/k

Ha Ha! You bastard, you killed Kenny! Thats what that reminded me of. I thought of that, but I have seen some of this stuff go cheap. I bought a Colt SP-1 carbine collapsible, correct for $1250 just a week or so ago. And I know those are worth more, but I could not find any info on this moel Colt. Whats a standard Bushy worth I have a line on lone of those for $1400. No goodies.

Kentlik

"Better to die standing than to live on ones knees."
Top Top