Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2002 12:24:11 PM EDT
I recently purchased a bushmaster M4gery. I find the sights to be difficult to be accurate with. I'm more used to traditional post/notch types. Anyone make different sights to replace the A2's? I could manage a 10" group at 100 yards with the AR and while using a friends yugo sks I could do 4" groups..even though it was 20" to the left.
Also, the length of the stock on the M4 is a little long for me. When I put my nose up to the cocking handle, the stock rests on the corner of my shoulder. Anything against putting a pre-ban collapsible stock and buffer on my m4gery and pinning the length once i know where i want it?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I recently purchased a bushmaster M4gery. I find the sights to be difficult to be accurate with. I'm more used to traditional post/notch types. Anyone make different sights to replace the A2's?

The Trijicon Tritium sight rear unit IIRC had a notch - but why bother - learn to shoot properly with the aperture sights and you will find they are not only more accurate - but faster as well.

Also, the length of the stock on the M4 is a little long for me. When I put my nose up to the cocking handle, the stock rests on the corner of my shoulder.

This is a common problem - yet they still insist on producing the A2 stocks and setting the fixed collapsibles to the A2 stock length.  Easiest thing to do is get an A1 stock (all you need is the stock and the upper screw - less than $20 in parts) and it will fit you right.

Complete direction (and parts sources) can be found in the How-To Do It section of the Maryland AR15 Shooters Site.

Anything against putting a pre-ban collapsible stock and buffer on my m4gery and pinning the length once i know where i want it?

You cannot do this.  The BATF does not deem this 'permanent' and as such you leave yourself open to violation of the 94 law.  Yeah its stupid and makes no sense - but that is how they view it.

Get yourself an A1 stock and you will be happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I immediately replaced the front A2 sightpost with a .052" National Match front sight, much slimmer, very much more like my M1A front sight, and easier to hit stuff with at 100yds.
That A2 front sightpost is way too thick for 100 yd shooting, IMO. It covers up a big area of the target.

The Bushmaster catalog has them for around $12

As a cheaper alternative, alot of people just pop out the A2 sight post and file it down thinner on all sides.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top